Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pollyanna263

VIP Member
Ohh, as well being as a Shakespeare quote, “May flights of Angels sing thee to thy rest” is from "Song for Athene" which was performed at Diana’s funeral as her cortège left Westminster Abbey.

(sorry if everyone but me already knew this!)

• Heart
Reactions: 28

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I think is going to be a very strange time for Harry. A mixture of emotions. He's part of it but not really part of it. Everyone will have their roles to play. What does Harry do? I'm sure everyone will be nervous around him because they don't trust him. What a mess.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
He was annoying me yesterday, he kept saying “we should all keep our concerns to ourselves until we hear from the Palace” - whilst sitting on a special broadcast being shown because the Queen’s passing was sadly, very obviously imminent.

I don’t know the logistics of scrambling a jet but it’s so sad to think the rest of the family didn’t make it in time.

Our local radio station has said Prince Harry has left Balmoral and was seen at Aberdeen Airport boarding a flight to London (sorry I’m miles behind, this will already have been said I’m sure)
My favourite was when he said ‘we really shouldn’t speculate’ having spent the past 4 or so hours speculating … and then going on to speculate further.

• Haha

moldwarp

VIP Member
Yes I'm sure he was... quite rightly so....let's not sugar coat this though !!Despite the queen being a 96 year old woman she also over the last few years has had an awful lot of stress to deal with , most of that down to Harry and Meghan and their vile vendetta against the Royal family. We all know how much of a huge impact this has on one's health. There is no doubt in my mind both the the Queen and Prince Phillip suffered greatly from this and without doubt had an effect on their health during their final years.

Harry and Meghan need to just stop ! Live their lives as they wished and go away . We don't want or need them .. period !
I think it won’t be too long before Harry has cause to regret his behaviour and his disrespectful words over the past 2 years. The Firm has handled him and Megan with kid gloves despite their behaviour because the Queen specifically wanted to be gentle and forgiving. The King, I suspect will have a good deal less patience for their antics.

• Haha
  • Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
Like so many of you, I feel completely numb. No matter if our other VIPs let us down, her grace and dignity and duty made up for our politicians’ shortcomings. You could go anywhere in the world, and people respected her. And in this country so many of us who are not Royalists still loved and cherished her. Very few humans have ever managed that.

Definitely the end of an era. As if she is taking a symbolic part of the United Kingdom with her and that now she’s gone we will be even less United.

The one thing that has brought a wry smile to my face this evening is imagining the publishers of Harry’s booky wook having kittens knowing that it won’t be coming out any time soon, if ever. And that the Montecito Netflix gravy train might soon grind to a very big halt.

nobody was bigger than the Queen, and Charles has some awfully big shoes to fill.
BIB - this is key for me. Out leaders have been woeful for a very long time, self serving, duplicitous and in some cases, downright dumb. And yet, we had the Queen and she made up for all the other donkeys who should have been great but who weren’t. The Queen is from a different era. She was a privileged woman, but one who took her duties seriously, right to the end. She had integrity and was hugely aware of setting us an example. I can’t see Charles in the same way. I can see Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, someone not born royal, but having the same sense of duty and immense people skills.

I miss the Queen already. She was just ace.

My mother in law was expected to be near death for a while but she clung on. She was in a nursing home. She had loads of visitors. My husband and I and his sister and family spent a lot of time sitting around her bed, in shifts, talking to her even though she was unconscious. We were all there one night and after a few hours we called it a night. We went out separate ways. And she took the opportunity to die as soon as we went. She so planned that, and good on her for doing that.

• Heart

Meangirl815

VIP Member
Just to echo others. I'm very grateful that i found tattle way back when.... It helps to 'share' your grief with others i think so thank you all

• Heart
Reactions: 27

malibu skies

VIP Member
Tomorrow morning, I am definitely going to regret how much wine I had tonight to settle my nerves. Spent some time looking at old photos of my grandma (who I think looked like her majesty in her youth) and cried a bit more. I hope everyone sleeps well x

• Heart
  • Sad

Laughingforlife

VIP Member
I made the mistake of going on twitter. Some people are being vile. Making it all into a joke. It's just so insensitive.

• Angry
  • Wow

House of Tea

VIP Member
I know but in this day and age it shouldn't come before family. Nothing should. We promote flexible working and taking care of your mental health then we shove this poor man out to placate us the day after his mum dies. Doesn't sit right with me. Give him some space x
I think he would want to do it. They have rehearsed this moment and knew what the protocol was. His mother would have expected him to do his duty as a sovereign. He is but a man, but one that is in a very different position to everybody else and it might even be a comfort to him to do this.

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
I really don’t like the prominence that people/media are placing on Harry, his comings and goings. He is a bit player not the story. I am not a fan of H but I don’t like this focus on him. Him leaving Balmoral was the top item on Mail online, and the King leaving was the second item. Press should be concentrating on the story not one they are trying to stir up. This is not the time.

thegreencow

VIP Member
Well it’s official. Everyone, I give you our new Prince and Princess of Wales, William and Catherine. Diana will be smiling down from heaven tonight.
653B655F-F3FB-40B9-A638-1C26A3E69D5D.jpeg

• Heart

Lalla

VIP Member
I'm in the legal profession, and the senior barristers we use are all QCs (Queen's Counsel). Now they will all be known as KCs (King's Counsel). Such a small but yet massive change - even the oldest current QCs were children last time we had KCs. Also realising that in my lifetime there'll never be QCs again. It's brought a bit of a lump to my throat.

• Heart
Wow what a reception 😭
I didn’t expect to feel so emotional over it to be honest. I’m glad for him. After the years of people being negative about him hearing people supporting and calling out god save the king is really quite powerful

Last edited:
Reactions: 26

kev1974

VIP Member
Waiting for the lickspittles and their inevitable whinging that we can’t afford a state funeral during a cost of living crisis etc 🙄

kingseven

VIP Member
Very true. There would have also been a long of uncertainty on when it finally happened, would Camilla be accepted as Queen Consort. It was helped by the Queen stating that that is what she hoped of course, but it must have caused them some angst.
I like Camilla, she has kept her head down but also appears that she has supported many charities and issues that are close to her heart in a very authentic and low key way.

DaisyDeluxe

VIP Member
Taking advantage 😂. It was basically an arranged marriage. I have as much sympathy for Charles as Diana, in that I doubt either of them had much of a say in the whole thing.
Totally agree. Do people honestly not think that Charles and Camilla would have taken the opportunity to get married all those years ago if they had been able to? It's hardly like they both ended up in deeply unhappy marriages deliberately! The blockers on Charles and Camilla being able to marry 40 years ago resulted in a miserable existence for everyone involved, not just Diana.

• Heart