Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
At the risk of sounding completely wet, I’m really pleased she got her Jubillee. I’ve done ‘em all and this one, for all it was a big event just seemed more personal and a ‘thank you’. I’m glad she left the balcony for the last time knowing it was all for her and the high regard she was held in.
I absolutely think she knew she was unwell and knew it would be her last big appearance. Everything about it seemed a celebration of her life as much as her reign and a thank you like you said.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Pollyanna263

VIP Member
Camilla is in tears
I think over the years she and the Queen will have become very close, and to have the Queen say Camilla should be Queen Consort must have been an enormous moment for Camilla that left absolutely no doubt in anyone’s minds how highly the Queen thought of her.

• Heart

WritersBlock

There’ll be a lot of analysis over his speech particularly his acknowledgment of H&M by our rabid tabloid media. However I agree with the previous comment that he clearly loves both his boys.

Charles, like his mother, will understand more than anyone the conflict between individuality and duty to the crown. I reckon he was more sympathetic to Harry than we will ever know - after all, he has made sacrifices too. He obviously holds his faith close, just like our queen did.

I don’t believe theres a rift at all but it sells papers and generates clicks.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Who'd have thought Theresa May would be the person to bring some some levity to a very sombre occasion. Loved her speech. Great story about the cheese.

• Heart

Crazy87

I said this to my friend, I wonder if she pre recorded a speech. As I think little old queen knew it was her time. I think it would've been that little touch what was needed. I think announce death, show speech, god save our Queen.
I honestly think the last balcony appearance at the end of the jubilee she was saying goodbye. She seemed different more emotional and completely overwhelmed I talked to my dad about that at the time.

• Heart

PenelopeTitsDrop

I honestly think Liz Truss is totally overwhelmed and basically shitting herself at the moment. I don't like her politics but I do feel sorry for her having to deal with this in her first week.

Honeystar

VIP Member
Wow what an image that was of watching the two of them walk into BP…don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone just walk in either. I am emotional and thrilled for him that he got such a lovely reception

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Ding

VIP Member
Such admiration for our new King. Can't imagine how hard this must be for him. Beautiful words.

• Heart

rubyred66

Chatty Member
I am so sad this evening I have cried so much as she has been such an integral part of my life

• Heart
  • Sad
Only just stopped my tears, what lovely words from King Charles. So pleased for William & Kate and even a nod to Harry. So much love from him about our beautiful Queen. Going to sound a bit weird now, but I am so looking forward to see all our pomp and glory on display when we give our Queen the state funeral she so deserves. Such historical times.
I am glad that she will be able to have all the pomp and glory. That covid has passed enough now and restrictions won’t have the effect like it did for Prince Philip. I know that for his funeral it was probably a welcome excuse to give him the funeral he would have preferred but she deserves to have the full gala of a royal funeral

• Heart

Lalla

VIP Member
Liz Truss is an odd one for sure. I'm still shocked she's only in her 40s, I thought she was mid 50s. I was also surprised she has children. She must be such an awkward parent. Can't imagine her playing games with kids. Actually can't imagine her doing anything other than being robotically wheeled out for TV appearances 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Beautiful. Well done Charles.

(I took the reference to Harry and Meghan 'continuing life abroad' to mean they haven't been welcomed back into the fold.)

• Haha

Hope96

VIP Member
"My darling mama...." his voice absolutely broke when he said. I respect him SO much for recording such a beautiful speech. ❤

• Heart

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I am glad it’s not just me who has had a little cry this evening. It does feel strange to cry for someone I have never met. I think despite all that has gone on over the years she has remained dignified and I’m in awe of her service to her country - still serving at age 96.
The BBC montages have been spectacular.
The clip of her dancing and laughing with Philip was just 😭😭

• Heart

lje88

Chatty Member
Been reading through this thread as come across it while on the site for another thread! Some of your posts have made me cry. I am absolutely devastated that our wonderful queen has gone, what an amazing strong lady she was I will miss her.
I never thought I’d be impacted so much by it but I’ve been on and off crying since yesterday and nothing has been on my tv other then the news.. I think she reminded me of my nana a little and the fact my Nan was a massive royalist and I know if she was here she would be heartbroken. King Charles has massively stepped up today from him meeting the public at the palace to his beautiful speech only 24 hours after losing his mum I really think he will do her proud and I can’t help but like him so will be routing for him x

• Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Hope his shop is boycotted!!
It was a she, and quite proud of herself she was too! Folk turned up at the shop and threw eggs at her window, the Police were called and advised her to go home for her own safety…she was in such a rush, she hit a parked car 😬

And this has just been posted to a local Facebook group

C6E65592-8B8B-4F09-A53A-7F1056F2F445.jpeg

• Heart