The Royal Family #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember when my Mother died this stupid neighbour asked how old she was and I replied 83 and she said "well thats a good innings" I almost slapped her.:cautious:
I remember people saying that to me when my great grandmother died, 30 years ago. I’ve never repeated that phrase since…it’s a terrible thing to say to a grieving relative.

We lost my precious Gran last year, age 98 and nobody said it to me, thank goodness.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve got my cleaners here. She can’t die while they are here. I need privacy to ugly cry

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I remember when my Mother died this stupid neighbour asked how old she was and I replied 83 and she said "well thats a good innings" I almost slapped her.:cautious:
I was just thinking about this. I do find it a bit jarring, actually disrespectful when someone elderly passes and people go “oh well they had a good innings.” I agree that there’s not the sense of shock and tragedy compared to someone who passes at a young age, but it’s still a loved family member who has been a mother, grandmother, aunt, whatever…. For so long.

I hope she is comfortable - and I am glad she is at Balmoral knowing how much she loves Scotland.

Reactions: 8
Are the bbc news team meant to be in black if it’s just talking about her health though
No. I think they are preparing for a potential change of ties though. :-(

She reminds me much of my granny who died at 99 in 2020 - gave up locked up in a nursing home - did not want to live any longer. She was an incredible lady just like HMTQ and had met HMTQ several times and always spoke of her with a sparkle. I miss her SO much.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Charles and William rushing to her bedside is the thing that is making me think it might be the end of the Queen.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
So many official figures in the UK are commenting the news - it does look serious. I am not British but the Queen has always been a strong association to the UK in my mind. When I did my first trip in England for a English course during the summer, my host family had a plate with Diana and Charles on the wall in their home!

Reactions: 7
ITV presenter wearing black but Robert Peston in Parliament is not.

There is no sign of the Sky news presenter funnily enough, its all voice overs on footage of the Queen

Makes me think something has happened and they can't announce it yet
I think she’s talking cautiously as well as if she’s expecting news any minute. Very telling.

Reactions: 5
I think the last thing the queen wants is Harry turning with his TV show cameras. He's put so much strain on her in recent years, shed not want to be reminded about the mess she's leaving behind.
Harry will be even worse once HM departs.

Reactions: 5
I am sure the Queen had seen what an utter tit show the UK has become. Took one look at her next possible prime minister’s and thought, balls to this, I’m out. Seriously, who could blame her.
I'm seriously worried about the Queens health. Can't find a thread about it but she seems very ill.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
No. I think they are preparing for a potential change of ties though. :-(

She reminds me much of my granny who died at 99 in 2020 - gave up locked up in a nursing home - did not want to live any longer. She was an incredible lady just like HMTQ and had met HMTQ several times and always spoke of her with a sparkle. I miss her SO much.
Same. My granny died December 2020 after being caged in her care home. I miss her everyday

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Not criticising you but this is the 21st century and things don’t work that way anymore. We don’t need to be prepared for the death of a 96 year old person.

Mind you, when rumours swirl they’re always the same rumour. I remember Philip was definitely, categorically dead on several occasions and the announcement was supposed to be withheld for 48 hours for some spurious reason. Except he wasn’t. Happened numerous times in the last five or so years of his life. My brother got quite shirty with me once when he said a mate of his knew FOR SURE that Philip had died and the Palace weren’t announcing yet. I told him it was a load of nonsense. I was soooo smug to be proved right.
It’s different to Philip this time though, she is the Monarch and I guess there are constitutional things to put in place before announcements

Reactions: 10
I keep crying.. I feel so anxious and upset right now.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Sky reporting Edward is on his way and Anne is already there.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The news coverage is quite unsettling. The fact that it’s so relentless and it’s not like they’re just moving on to other headlines.

Just confirmed that Edward and Sophie are en route too.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
That speaks volumes this isn't a dress rehearsal this really is it 😭
Nope.
The BBC is basically just pre-obituary at the minute.
Anyone just turning on could be forgiven for thinking it’s the actual thing.
i don’t think they would be so full on If it wasn‘t a cert.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.