The Royal Family #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It feels very strange and sad. The fact the palace released a statement, and the tone on the news etc, is fairly ominous.

Logically you know that a 96 year old woman will not be in great health and it shouldn’t be shocking that she will die. But as an institution and figurehead who has been there for most of if not all of our lives, it does feel a bit of a shock in a way.

My granny was 4 months younger than the queen and died earlier this year - she was relatively ok (for a 95 year old!) until very suddenly she wasn’t and it was very quick. This is reminding me a lot of that.

God bless the Queen.

PS. The Archbishop of Canterbury has just released a statement too. It definitely feels like this is it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Not criticising you but this is the 21st century and things don’t work that way anymore. We don’t need to be prepared for the death of a 96 year old person.

Mind you, when rumours swirl they’re always the same rumour. I remember Philip was definitely, categorically dead on several occasions and the announcement was supposed to be withheld for 48 hours for some spurious reason. Except he wasn’t. Happened numerous times in the last five or so years of his life. My brother got quite shirty with me once when he said a mate of his knew FOR SURE that Philip had died and the Palace weren’t announcing yet. I told him it was a load of nonsense. I was soooo smug to be proved right.
Well, to be fair, the BBC seem to be running an almost obituary as we speak.

I could totally see that they would say she is vvery poorly and then wait for Charles, William et all to be in place before the official announcement and constitutional hand over.

Reactions: 12
There is no sign of the Sky news presenter funnily enough, its all voice overs on footage of the Queen

Makes me think something has happened and they can't announce it yet
Listening to her too - she keeps getting slower and jumpy with her words.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
There is no sign of the Sky news presenter funnily enough, its all voice overs on footage of the Queen

They showed her earlier before the break, she was in a blue dress/top.

Reactions: 4
will they play that piece of music on the radio as part of the plan first?

Reactions: 3
This has made me quite Sad. I’m not a royalisy either but she has been a big part of the country for so long.

she is old but i can’t imagine its any easier for the family to lose her

• Sad
Reactions: 7
It certainly seems like the news channels know more than they can report on. Whether a royalist or not , she has been a constant in our lives and the country.

Reactions: 14
I was in Rome around the time of Pope John Paul passing. It was known he was on the way out and the atmosphere in St Peters Square and around Rome indeed was eerie.

This kind of reminds of it

• Sad
This has made me quite Sad. I’m not a royalisy either but she has been a big part of the country for so long.

she is old but i can’t imagine its any easier for the family to lose her
I remember when my Mother died this stupid neighbour asked how old she was and I replied 83 and she said "well thats a good innings" I almost slapped her.:cautious:

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

They sound very sad on sky and keep stumbling on their words.

I don’t think it’s fair for such pressure and the conversation to be on Harry, I’m sure he wants to be there but she has other children and grandchildren as well who I’m sure want to be with her. It would be a real shame if she never got to meet Lili

This is so sad.

I feel I will need a week off work with Bereavement Leave.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I hope she does not linger and suffer as my father in law did - it was dreadful and horrific seeing the suffering and wishing it would end, and seeing the heart break of Mr Elliebee :-(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Does feel very bleak at the moment doesn't it. Just the world in general. Natural disasters across the globe, cost of living rising, wars, famine. The queen's health deteriorating and potentially dying is just the icing (in a bad way) on top of some crappy recent few years.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
When previous Monarchs have died they prepared the people by giving a similar statement, yet they’d already passed. Which makes me think she’s already died.
And the BBC seem to be just filling until an announcement can be made

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.