The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

“The charity founded by the Duke of Cambridge, who launched the Earthshot prize, keeps its investments in a bank that is one of the world’s biggest backers of fossil fuels, according to an investigation.

The Royal Foundation, the charity set up by the Cambridges, also places more than half of its investments in a fund – advertised as green – that owns shares in large food companies. Some of these firms buy palm oil from companies linked to deforestation

So the father of 3 who complains about African families having lots of children and bleats about climate change while whizzing about in helicopters turns out to be a massive hypocrite. I am shooketh. 🙄

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
On another forum I came across a discussion about Meghan's surrogacy. Apparently that famous photo where everyone is staring at little bundle Archie is photoshopped. A person wrote: Phillip would neva smile at Meghan's spawn.
What does it mean? That Meghan's blood tainted his family? That as an actress and divorcee she was too much for the RF?
Meghan definitely has its flaws but people writing this actually support the notion that BRF is not that liberal, open and multicultural.

If that was all photoshopped, why the hell Queen and Phillip went along with that?

Reactions: 7
Probably nothing to do with those things, maybe just didn’t like her.
I highly doubt the photoshopping

“The charity founded by the Duke of Cambridge, who launched the Earthshot prize, keeps its investments in a bank that is one of the world’s biggest backers of fossil fuels, according to an investigation.

The Royal Foundation, the charity set up by the Cambridges, also places more than half of its investments in a fund – advertised as green – that owns shares in large food companies. Some of these firms buy palm oil from companies linked to deforestation

So the father of 3 who complains about African families having lots of children and bleats about climate change while whizzing about in helicopters turns out to be a massive hypocrite. I am shooketh. 🙄
As usual with the Royals it's do as I say so that I can do what I want!

Wondering if this article is a bit of a non starter… don’t most big banks do that (invest in fossil fuels) etc?

Reactions: 5
Wondering if this article is a bit of a non starter… don’t most big banks do that (invest in fossil fuels) etc?
Yup. And he has not campaigned for ethical investments has he? I don’t think any of us has their money with a ethical/green institution. Doesn’t mean our efforts (if we have some) are hypocritical.

Re Louise and her job: it’s great she had the opportunity to work a summer job. As far as we know without interruptions. Experiencing real work was hopefully a good lesson. BUT it doesn’t matter if she worked a low wage job. She doesn’t rely on that money, so she does not know how it feels to NEED the hours. What low wage actually means for people. After months/years still struggling. I think it’s great she worked but I don’t get the high praise? She worked at a bloody garden centre. She will go on and just get a cushy, well paid job like her cousins (or set up her own thing with her money). I don’t doubt she has the right intentions, but let’s face it. She is pretty inconsequential to the monarchy and therefore always had to find something else to do. But she will always have a fall back option. And it will not be working at a garden centre, depending on a lower than average wage. It’s good that it seems her parents encourage her to do exactly that and that she seems to has taken it to heart. She doesn’t seem to be into the royal publicity, so I hope not to read a lot about her, so she can go and carve out her own thing.

• Heart
On another forum I came across a discussion about Meghan's surrogacy. Apparently that famous photo where everyone is staring at little bundle Archie is photoshopped. A person wrote: Phillip would neva smile at Meghan's spawn.
What does it mean? That Meghan's blood tainted his family? That as an actress and divorcee she was too much for the RF?
Meghan definitely has its flaws but people writing this actually support the notion that BRF is not that liberal, open and multicultural.

If that was all photoshopped, why the hell Queen and Phillip went along with that?
the idea that that photo is photoshopped came from Tom Bowers book where he says something like everyone was smiling/staring 'at a shawl'. I'm not sure if he was being sarcastic but it’s turned into a conspiracy about the photo being photoshopped.

personally I can’t see H&M being that silly and duplicitous, but who knows?

Yup. And he has not campaigned for ethical investments has he? I don’t think any of us has their money with a ethical/green institution. Doesn’t mean our efforts (if we have some) are hypocritical.

Re Louise and her job: it’s great she had the opportunity to work a summer job. As far as we know without interruptions. Experiencing real work was hopefully a good lesson. BUT it doesn’t matter if she worked a low wage job. She doesn’t rely on that money, so she does not know how it feels to NEED the hours. What low wage actually means for people. After months/years still struggling. I think it’s great she worked but I don’t get the high praise? She worked at a bloody garden centre. She will go on and just get a cushy, well paid job like her cousins (or set up her own thing with her money). I don’t doubt she has the right intentions, but let’s face it. She is pretty inconsequential to the monarchy and therefore always had to find something else to do. But she will always have a fall back option. And it will not be working at a garden centre, depending on a lower than average wage. It’s good that it seems her parents encourage her to do exactly that and that she seems to has taken it to heart. She doesn’t seem to be into the royal publicity, so I hope not to read a lot about her, so she can go and carve out her own thing.
This is when I feel a bit sorry for them (I’ll be okay after a nap).
They will obviously have umpteen connections that they could call on to get her a cushy little number to tide her over until Uni but she’s actually gone down the normal job route and seems to have been turning up as and when she should and getting on with it.
in a way she’s damned if she takes advantage of connections and gets a nothing job for a good wage and damned if she gets a traditional Saturday Girl job for pin money.
I bet she had more fun as a Saturday Girl, though … and she probably enjoyed deciding what to with ‘her’ money. Can’t beat the thrill of buying absolute tat with your first wages 😎

Reactions: 12
This is when I feel a bit sorry for them (I’ll be okay after a nap).
They will obviously have umpteen connections that they could call on to get her a cushy little number to tide her over until Uni but she’s actually gone down the normal job route and seems to have been turning up as and when she should and getting on with it.
in a way she’s damned if she takes advantage of connections and gets a nothing job for a good wage and damned if she gets a traditional Saturday Girl job for pin money.
I bet she had more fun as a Saturday Girl, though … and she probably enjoyed deciding what to with ‘her’ money. Can’t beat the thrill of buying absolute tat with your first wages 😎
I bought a Nokia 3310 with my first wages 🙄 🤣 I probably bought tat too (unless you count the phone as tat!!!!)

I bought a Nokia 3310 with my first wages 🙄 🤣 I probably bought tat too (unless you count the phone as tat!!!!)
Ah well, my first Saturday job was on a market stall … next to a clothes and jewellery stall. The earnings barely grazed the palm before being exchanged for something that turned your ears green. Upgrading to Woolworths was awesome. Warm in winter and singles were 80p and albums just over £4. My record collection thanked them.

Reactions: 4
Reactions: 2
The cost of living crisis - let's have 4/5 houses and spend people's salaries and more on education! Because London and a huge apartment at KP isn't good enough! But they are SO normal and SO relatable let's not criticise our Saints William and Kate.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
But that's the point. She doesn't have to work in a nursery on minimum wage but she is. What her motives are I don't know but anything that lets them experience a normal existence is good for them.
Well there are plenty people out there currently on jobseekers' allowance who would benefit from having that job she's doing which she "doesn't have to" do, and being able to feed their families and start a career, which she never has to worry about. But whoop de bleeping doo at least Louise gets some shine from experiencing a normal existence.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Well there are plenty people out there currently on JSA who would benefit from having that job she's doing which she "doesn't have to" do, and being able to feed their families and start a career, which she never has to worry about. But whoop de bleeping doo at least Louise gets some shine from experiencing a normal existence.
Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't ... as we said 😉

Reactions: 17
William and Kate are moving in
The comments section is *chefs kiss*

The worst thing is you just know that their PR person released this to make them seem "normal"

Normal?
Living in a multi million pound house, while keeping a multi million pound apartment in London which cost US millions of pounds to renovate and having their children attend a school costing £21,000 a year. TWENTY ONE THOUSAND POUNDS.
I truly believe they are taking the absolute piss.

Reactions: 11
Do people think they actually pay the school fees? It would be free would it not?
Doesn't matter who is paying it. Its either Charles or the taxpayer. I'm not sure why it has been such a big news story today that they are going to school near a house we knew they were moving into. Hardly revelation of the century that 3 school age children are going to school in September! The news was all crisis/crisis/crisis/ William and Kates children are going to a new school. It was a bit off colour I thought.

Normal?
Living in a multi million pound house, while keeping a multi million pound apartment in London which cost US millions of pounds to renovate and having their children attend a school costing £21,000 a year. TWENTY ONE THOUSAND POUNDS.
Isn't it that per child?

Reactions: 5

Normal?
A house in Norfolk that they intend to keep. Apartments at Kensington palace that were refurbished not that long ago paid for by the taxpayer. A new home in Windsor that no doubt will need refurbishing. Seriously I hate to sound like Jeremy Corbyn but seriously this isn’t a good look

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.