The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's relatively cheap, the prep school William and Harry went to is now £30,900 a year per pupil.

Reactions: 1
Do people think they actually pay the school fees? It would be free would it not?
They might get a 3 for 2 offer <tongue meet cheek>
They will have to be seen to be paying … the optics of spending over £60,000 on schooling for little ones is tricky enough to sell without it coming out later that it was a write off.

Doesn't matter who is paying it. Its either Charles or the taxpayer. I'm not sure why it has been such a big news story today that they are going to school near a house we knew they were moving into. Hardly revelation of the century that 3 school age children are going to school in September! The news was all crisis/crisis/crisis/ William and Kates children are going to a new school. It was a bit off colour I thought.

Isn't it that per child?
I think I’m a twonk. It’s apparently per child per term. Which is of course what all normal, average people pay for their children to go to school.
Cheap as chips. 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 3
They might get a 3 for 2 offer <tongue meet cheek>
They will have to be seen to be paying … the optics of spending over £60,000 on schooling for little ones is tricky enough to sell without it coming out later that it was a write off.
The school may have a sibling policy 😁

• Haha
Dan Wootton has his head rammed so far up the royal arse I’m surprised he hasn’t suffocated.
So, don’t rag on William (and Kate) for not doing so much actual Royal work, even though he is a full time working royal and taking the wages for that … but he’s also a stay at home dad, with a stay at home mum and a nanny.
got it.

Reactions: 8
I think I’m a twonk. It’s apparently per child per term. Which is of course what all normal, average people pay for their children to go to school.
Cheap as chips. 🙄
This is from the school website.

Pre Preparatory (Ages 3-7) Per Term

Nursery (full-time) £4,389

Nursery (morning sessions only) £2,195

Reception, Year 1 & Year 2 £4,389

Preparatory School (Ages 7-13) Per Term

Lower School (Years 3 & 4) £6,448

Middles & Upper (Years 5-8) £6,999

Boarding Per Term

Years 3 – 8 (weekly) £1,481

Genuinely not trolling but where do you think the kids should go to school?
The could go to public school (ie publicly funded) school. If it's good enough for the future of the country, it should be good enough for the Royals then. They have security, so what's the issue?

If the idea of the Royal family going to public school makes people balk, then something is very wrong with the country's political priorities.

Reactions: 5
The could go to public school (ie publicly funded) school. If it's good enough for the future of the country, it should be good enough for the Royals then. They have security, so what's the issue?

If the idea of the Royal family going to public school makes people balk, then something is very wrong with the country's political priorities.
I find it disingenuous when they try to be “just like us”. They’re not and never will be.

I’m interested in hearing others views on it all though. I think regardless of it being private, it’s a better option than the home schooling royal children used to get.

Reactions: 7

I think I remember Stella McCartney saying something negative about having to go to state school? Depends on your perception of what the local education is like.

This is from the school website.

Pre Preparatory (Ages 3-7) Per Term

Nursery (full-time) £4,389

Nursery (morning sessions only) £2,195

Reception, Year 1 & Year 2 £4,389

Preparatory School (Ages 7-13) Per Term

Lower School (Years 3 & 4) £6,448

Middles & Upper (Years 5-8) £6,999

Boarding Per Term

Years 3 – 8 (weekly) £1,481
Gosh yes they are just like us I bet they are sick with worry regarding fuel bills.🙄

Reactions: 4
Genuinely not trolling but where do you think the kids should go to school?
I think of course they will go to private school, and an expensive one but it's the PR garbage and the sycophancy that is galling. They are not downsizing, they are adding a 4th house. They are not ' just like you' they are Royals, who will never have to worry about what type of education their kids will get at whatever school they send them to, because they will not need it. They are not ' stay at home parents' because stayvat home parents aren't paid handsomely for found a job nir do they have nannies and staff to cater to their every whim. They are not 'living in a small cottage without staff' because the staff are being made to live elsewhere, and they are not having to care for their elderly granny because she is The Queen. I thought Harry was the worst human alive for saying Charles was a distant father who never took him out on a bike ride, but when William thinks his father was distant, that's fine for arsrlicker Dan Wooten!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I don’t actually see the issue with them going to private schools? They aren’t uncommon? Many wealthy families children attend private schools.

Reactions: 7
I don’t actually see the issue with them going to private schools? They aren’t uncommon? Many wealthy families children attend private schools.
And that’s fine.
Just so long as the story being told isn’t that they are So Normal, and just like everyone else.
Do people expect them to go to private schools - of course, so it’s really not worth making a big PR issue out of.
Extolling the virtues of a ‘reasonably priced’ private school with a veg patch for each class and acres of green, when a whole host of schools don’t have so much as a patch of concrete, or a school that launders the sports kit when some people are struggling to cobble together a couple of shirts and pair of plimsoles from Asda while pretending they are Just Like Us comes across as a bit tone deaf.

Cosplaying an Enid Blyton version of Normal Life while great swatches of people are worried about being plunged into a Dickensian one isn’t a good look.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
There isn't an issue here its just that this business of them being "just like us" being rammed down our throats is a barefaced lie and insultingl I never expected them to send their kids to the local state school as they are not "just like us".

Reactions: 11
William and Kate are moving in

Normal?
Living in a multi million pound house, while keeping a multi million pound apartment in London which cost US millions of pounds to renovate and having their children attend a school costing £21,000 a year. TWENTY ONE THOUSAND POUNDS.
I truly believe they are taking the absolute piss.
They are paying full rent on the Windsor cottage lease, their homes in Norfolk and Scotland are privately owned and they are keeping the Kensington Palace apartment as their London base. They are also paying for the private school out of their own funds, it is state schools that are funded by taxpayers. So what, it is their money!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
This is the whole paradox of the Royal family. Through dint of birth they are immediately propelled to the top of British society in terms of status and wealth. William would never want to send his kids to the local state school (even if it was outstanding). But they have to pretend to be like us and the media helps peddle that myth so the plebs don’t suddenly go whoah OMG THIS IS UNFAIR. Because of course it inherently is.

I have more problem with Charles and Edward going to Cambridge and depriving others of a place scraping BC and CDD in their A levels respectively.

Reactions: 6
They are paying full rent on the Windsor cottage lease, their homes in Norfolk and Scotland are privately owned and they are keeping the Kensington Palace apartment as their London base. They are also paying for the private school out of their own funds, it is state schools that are funded by taxpayers. So what, it is their money!
Fine. We all know they have huge privilege. Don't pretend to be something else and dont leak stories to the press about how frugal you are because you used a £1k scarf twice. To be fair to them, a lot of this is the entirely uncritical and sycophantic press we have and the Royal sycophant industry that has sprung up, where arsrlicking the Royals on TV is a job for mediocre minor aristocracy and ex Royal servants . They are sycophantic because the Royals use their leverage to allow/ deny them access and leak favourable stories to them snd they need print.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.