The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's a patron of some tennis society and shes using the royal box so yeah?
This was a genuine question. I’m sure she gets the royal bix regardless!

I have no issue with Kate doing tennis stuff - at least it’s something she’s actually knowledgeable about unlike the kids mental health stuff.

Reactions: 4

I have no issue with Kate doing tennis stuff - at least it’s something she’s actually knowledgeable about unlike the kids mental health stuff.
its Wimbledon … everyone in the county is knowledgable about tennis for 2 weeks ;)

Reactions: 3
She took over from the Queen as patron of Wimbledon (technically the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club) and the Lawn Tennis Association in 2016 and she's also taken over from the Duke and Duchess of Kent on trophy presenting duties in the last couple of years. She's certainly a lot more involved and interested in tennis than the Queen ever was.

Reactions: 13

I agree with you on the mental health stuff about her - i think because we know she enjoys it the lines get blurred on what is work and what isnt

The difference between Wimbledon and opening a hospital wing or giving a speech at a panel is that Wimbledon is open to visitors while the other engagements are not.
I do think blowing kisses was strange. She never did that before even though her parents have visited when she was there as well.
The whole family has been attending Wimbledon for years, so nothing newsworthy really.

Reactions: 2
The Middletons have always gone to Wimbledon. Kate has always been tennis mad. Nothing new here.

The air kiss was a bit strange but it's nice that the family is close. What does irk me is that if it were a certain someone who did that, there would be at least a dozen think pieces in the DM alone about professionalism, American vs British work ethic and the encompassing duty of being a member of the BRF and all it represents. There'd probably even be a hit piece on that certain someone blowing kisses to another guy in plain view of her husband and how he's emasculated and a cuckold. 😂🙄 The double standard in reporting is a joke.

Reactions: 13
If I’ve read it right, looking at the Court Circular, Kate hasn’t worked since the 23rd June. So her appearance at Wimbledon is purely for her own pleasure and not a work event/engagement.

Reactions: 5
If I’ve read it right, looking at the Court Circular, Kate hasn’t worked since the 23rd June. So her appearance at Wimbledon is purely for her own pleasure and not a work event/engagement.
She never had a job in her life so why work now? Why ever use her position to do good like Anne, Camilla or Sophie?

Reactions: 7
I don't know why they attend Wimbledon to be honest. Seems a bit pointless.
Because they can I suppose! And they can put down an afternoons leisure activity with a bit of handshaking as ' work' and get a ton of fawning publicity in the DM! Loads of reasons!

The difference between Wimbledon and opening a hospital wing or giving a speech at a panel is that Wimbledon is open to visitors while the other engagements are not.
I do think blowing kisses was strange. She never did that before even though her parents have visited when she was there as well.
The whole family has been attending Wimbledon for years, so nothing newsworthy really.
Prince Charles blew Kate a kiss at the Jubilee church service so I wonder if perhaps something is going on on her family that we aren’t aware of hence why she did the same to her parents.

The Middletons have always gone to Wimbledon. Kate has always been tennis mad. Nothing new here.

The air kiss was a bit strange but it's nice that the family is close. What does irk me is that if it were a certain someone who did that, there would be at least a dozen think pieces in the DM alone about professionalism, American vs British work ethic and the encompassing duty of being a member of the BRF and all it represents. There'd probably even be a hit piece on that certain someone blowing kisses to another guy in plain view of her husband and how he's emasculated and a cuckold. 😂🙄 The double standard in reporting is a joke.
A certain someone doesn‘t speak to her father so she’d hardly be seen blowing him a kiss anyway! 🙄

She never had a job in her life so why work now? Why ever use her position to do good like Anne, Camilla or Sophie?
Yes I get that but from a Royal stand point she hasn’t worked in nearly 2 weeks so the trips to Wimbledon are just for her own enjoyment instead of being a scheduled appearance like people thought.

Reactions: 2

Don't worry, Archie was papped with an american flag. That will cause a lot of apoplexy attacks and pearl clutching.:m:m:sneaky:

• Haha
Yes I get that but from a Royal stand point she hasn’t worked in nearly 2 weeks so the trips to Wimbledon are just for her own enjoyment instead of being a scheduled appearance like people thought.
It's nice to say pleasure is work! What irks is you can do so much with such a big platform as that and - she has nothing. Disappointing. I'd be out there working my arse off to serve others, which I can do now, but hey, with that amount of money and fame imagine...

Reactions: 1
It's nice to say pleasure is work! What irks is you can do so much with such a big platform as that and - she has nothing. Disappointing. I'd be out there working my arse off to serve others, which I can do now, but hey, with that amount of money and fame imagine...
Much if William and Kates work is what people would do for leisure activities, for example, turning up to football and rugby tournaments, tennis, rowing, film premieres etc. They should really have done something constructive with something they are interested in. They love swanning round at elite sporting events, so why didn't Kate in particular ask to do somerhing with grass roots sports, or children's sports for example.

Reactions: 8
Much if William and Kates work is what people would do for leisure activities, for example, turning up to football and rugby tournaments, tennis, rowing, film premieres etc. They should really have done something constructive with something they are interested in. They love swanning round at elite sporting events, so why didn't Kate in particular ask to do somerhing with grass roots sports, or children's sports for example.
Come on now. They’re both ridiculously entitled and bone idle. Wafting up to a film premiere in a posh frock or actually putting some effort into something that could make a real difference? Never in doubt 🙄

Reactions: 10
Come on now. They’re both ridiculously entitled and bone idle. Wafting up to a film premiere in a posh frock or actually putting some effort into something that could make a real difference? Never in doubt 🙄
Yet when William sells the big issue undercover to support the homeless or Kate pushes early years education, hardly glamorous, you lot attack them for that too.

Republicans will use anything to support their ideological agenda

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Yet when William sells the big issue undercover to support the homeless or Kate pushes early years education, hardly glamorous, you lot attack them for that too.

Kate knows absolute nothing about early years education, yet she is being pushed as some kind of expert. She has come up with one 5 question survey and a pie chart which gets brought out every couple of years and wastes peoples time with photo opportunities and little else. What we're saying is that she should be doing something where she can actually make an difference, and is interested in. Early years is not it. And William coincidentally being 'caught out' selling the Big Issue days after his face was plastered all over every news outlet in the world is clear PR.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Oh do give over. He’s hardly undercover if his “secret” stint pretending to sell the Big Issue is splashed all over the front of the tabloids.
Royalists will excuse any amount of dodgy money in carrier bags, tax dodging and sex offenders to support a family of lazy, useless inbreds lording it over people who are considerably better than they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.