The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well this is lucky isn’t it? 🙄 Especially coming just after the poor Queen had to scrape together 12 million quid to pay off her son’s victim.
4EBD2D0C-385E-4644-A586-E4770FB166F2.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Well this is lucky isn’t it? 🙄 Especially coming just after the poor Queen had to scrape together 12 million quid to pay off her son’s victim.
View attachment 1381005
This is just such a bad look for them. The mail is spinning it with an article about how she has saved money by forgoing a new car and various other things but when so many others have so little and prices are rising so fast (I had to get petrol today 😳😳😳😳) it really doesn’t read well (to me anyway).

Reactions: 12
View attachment 1381005
Obviously a fall in Treasury income can't be passed on, otherwise Buckingham Palace, which effectively belongs to the nation, would fall into ruin without refurbishment

• Sick
Reactions: 1
Does anyone here know how the lesser royals sustain their lifestyle? I noticed they all seem to live in very nice, expensive homes. Apart from the major royals who aren't living stressful lives, I wonder where the lesser royals get their money from.

Reactions: 5
Obviously a fall in Treasury income can't be passed on, otherwise Buckingham Palace, which effectively belongs to the nation, would fall into ruin without refurbishment
Nonsense. The queen is a multimillionaire in her own right. She’s hardly going to be worrying about whether she can put the heating on. She is the last person who needs extra money.
Why are you so keen to defend these people? They wouldn’t piss on a single one of us if we were on fire ( unless there was a camera crew in attendance ). They don’t give a damn about anything but themselves and their lifestyle.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
You could be living on the streets and the royals would happily allow you to rot.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Nonsense. The queen is a multimillionaire in her own right. She’s hardly going to be worrying about whether she can put the heating on. She is the last person who needs extra money.
Why are you so keen to defend these people? They wouldn’t piss on a single one of us if we were on fire ( unless there was a camera crew in attendance ). They don’t give a damn about anything but themselves and their lifestyle.
The Queen doesn't personally own Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle. However they still cost a lot to refurbish and maintain.

She has given a lifetime of service to her country and I am a diehard monarchist and always will be

You could be living on the streets and the royals would happily allow you to rot.
If you live on the streets that is nothing to do with the royals, it is you who have failed to get paid employment and the government who manage economic policy and the welfare state

• Angry
Reactions: 4
She has done a terrible job being steward of these places and not having them updated and so on which is why it is costing SO much money now to take care of the problems. I bet you she wanted to just leave it to be Charles's problem...

Reactions: 10
Does anyone here know how the lesser royals sustain their lifestyle? I noticed they all seem to live in very nice, expensive homes. Apart from the major royals who aren't living stressful lives, I wonder where the lesser royals get their money from.
I think The Queen bankrolls them/ gives them homes on her estate as wedding presents etc. There are a lot of people dependent on the Monarchy being kept going.

Reactions: 9
Hi All. I'm back after a week in lovely Tobago. Highly recommended if you're after a Caribbean experience off the beaten path.

To summarise my thoughts on the last few pages of posts:
- I thought Mike Tindall called Harry a 'bookend' and couldn't understand the fuss as I quite like bookends 🤣

- The British RF taking jewels and money from dodgy Middle Eastern royals and leaders has been happening since Jerusalem was a pebble. It's not going to change as it's mutually beneficial and who cares what the plebs think anyway?

- Kate could have done really well at a sports-type foundation for women and young girls. She's good at it and it's an area that actually requires the kind of publicity she can bring. Development psychology is a highly-studied field with actual academics and scientists making strides after years of education and training. No one expects the same from Kate but surely a child psychology course or two wouldn't go amiss if she actually wanted to learn and do more in the field of early development?

- Has anyone seen this video of William? I mean he's always referred to as being 'incandescent with rage' but I am surprised we're getting to see it.

Sadly that video is the most animated I’ve ever seen him. He’s so wooden in real life that I was quite taken aback.

• Heart
Sadly that video is the most animated I’ve ever seen him. He’s so wooden in real life that I was quite taken aback.
If that man was hanging around their house then following them on a family walk I'd be incensed too! I have to admit I thought they had security nearby at all times though

Reactions: 6
The Queen doesn't personally own Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle. However they still cost a lot to refurbish and maintain.

She has given a lifetime of service to her country and I am a diehard monarchist and always will be

If you live on the streets that is nothing to do with the royals, it is you who have failed to get paid employment and the government who manage economic policy and the welfare state
Then why is William on the streets selling the Big Issue why is he doing it, oh know all one.

• Sad
I don’t even like Prince William but I felt sorry for him in that video. He seemed hurt as much as he was angry, and I don’t blame him. That was the family’s own private time, it’s not fair on them.

Reactions: 12
I think The Queen bankrolls them/ gives them homes on her estate as wedding presents etc. There are a lot of people dependent on the Monarchy being kept going.
Yeah I always wondered how they sustained their lives. I read on here that Margaret's daughter lives in a nice part of London which won't be cheap. Then you have Anne and Edward etc.

I know William and Kate have that new home on Windsor grounds. Charles lives in clarence house. The Wessexes have some multi million pound mansion in the countryside.

This is extreme:

Prince Edward and Sophie Wessex's £30m home is one of the grandest royal residences | HELLO! https://www.hellomagazine.com/homes...essex-prince-edward-home-bagshot-park-photos/

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.