The Royal Family #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have autistic children. I DREAM of them behaving as well as Louis when they were his age! He was an absolute sweetheart, its gorgeous to see kids just being kids, whether that's George, Charlotte, Louis, Savannahs, any of them.

And yes, if we had seen Archie, and if he had acted like that, I would have laughed and thought it was lovely. It makes no difference who the kids parents are, if they're being daft and acting up like ALL OTHER KIDS, it's endearing.

For the record, all the people of twitter saying Louis should have been smacked, shame on them. Violence is never the answer to anything, especially a natural reaction to having to sit and endure an event designed for adults. Just because they were afraid of their parents growing up, doesn't mean its right.

Love seeing the royal children. ALL of them. Such a shame we didn't get a chance to see Lili and Archie. It would have been so nice to see them with their cousins.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Those kids sat through hours of stuff that had little interest to them.

Prince Louis did incredibly well IMO. I was half expecting Catherine or William to get a phone out for him to watch something tbh :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 39

Prince Louis did incredibly well IMO. I was half expecting Catherine or William to get a phone out for him to watch something tbh :ROFLMAO:
I bet that Nanny Maria was on standby lol. Seriously though. Every single parent has been in situations where they'd really like their kid to behave perfectly, but instead what they've done is just act like a typical kid for their age. Most parents don't have millions of people watching them when that happens. If they look stressed by it, they are judged. If they had removed him, they would have been judged. If they had given him toys or snacks to help keep him quiet, they would have been judged. They smile, look happy, try not to show that they wish the situation wasn't happening, they are judged.

Reactions: 29
Bit random but does anyone know if Meghan has to pay for her own clothing now? I’ve noticed she’s wearing really high-end designers at every appearance recently (goes back to what I was saying about trying too hard) and obviously not “recycling” any of them. A bespoke Dior outfit for the thanksgiving service must cost easily $10 or $20k surely? I just don’t think their new lifestyle will be sustainable long-term, and I do wonder if their appearance this weekend is their attempt at trying to get back into the fold. Property taxes alone on the Montecito mansion will be upwards of $100,000. They’re getting all these big publishing and audio deals and don’t seem to do anything cwith them. Sooner or later businesses are going to wise up to it.
No idea but I suspect paid for. They can't seem to buy cheaper clothes which actually fit.

What will happen now is they'll still get funded by RF money as they can't manage it on their own.

It’s crazy people are saying a 4 year old who was being made stay seated at a long parade was acting out ,ridiculous 🤣🤣

Any idea why Harry and Meghan didn’t stay for the parade ? I thought it was rude of them to leave and not support his granny

Reactions: 5
Probably advised not to like Andrew in case they get booed ...like Boris..

Reactions: 2
Bit random but does anyone know if Meghan has to pay for her own clothing now? I’ve noticed she’s wearing really high-end designers at every appearance recently (goes back to what I was saying about trying too hard) and obviously not “recycling” any of them. A bespoke Dior outfit for the thanksgiving service must cost easily $10 or $20k surely? I just don’t think their new lifestyle will be sustainable long-term, and I do wonder if their appearance this weekend is their attempt at trying to get back into the fold. Property taxes alone on the Montecito mansion will be upwards of $100,000. They’re getting all these big publishing and audio deals and don’t seem to do anything with them. Sooner or later businesses are going to wise up to it.
I would imagine that it’s either very heavily discounted … as we should all know by now one of life’s little quirks is that those who can well afford to pay full price very rarely do … or even hired.

I bet that Nanny Maria was on standby lol. Seriously though. Every single parent has been in situations where they'd really like their kid to behave perfectly, but instead what they've done is just act like a typical kid for their age. Most parents don't have millions of people watching them when that happens. If they look stressed by it, they are judged. If they had removed him, they would have been judged. If they had given him toys or snacks to help keep him quiet, they would have been judged. They smile, look happy, try not to show that they wish the situation wasn't happening, they are judged.
To be completely honest, if a 4 year old had sat through that without twitching or being bored I’d actually have been more amazed! Why would they care if Cliff Richard waved at them? Once Iggle Piggle‘s gone past so has any interest at all.

It’s crazy people are saying a 4 year old who was being made stay seated at a long parade was acting out ,ridiculous 🤣🤣

Any idea why Harry and Meghan didn’t stay for the parade ? I thought it was rude of them to leave and not support his granny
When the fact they were coming was announced, I’m certain it said they would only do the Trooping of the Colour and the St Paul’s service. I remember thinking at the time it seemed hardly worth it … but I supposed they were in a damned if they come, damned if they don’t situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14

Yep, i got bored and ffwd it, so those kids did well.

They should have had their ipads and watched peppa pig or played roblox 😂

Reactions: 6

Yel

I wish drone company had a documentary to show all the process involved in that part, but I guess they won't do as it may give away trade stuff. Looks like one company has a monopoly on drone light shows.

My top 3 of the weekend was the drones, Kate Moss and Craig David :D

20220606_094810.jpg

Reactions: 8
Honestly I can’t believe the reaction some people have had to poor Louis. He’s just turned 4 and clearly has a lot of energy. I took my 5 year old niece to the cinema last week, we left after 20 minutes because she wouldn’t sit still and just couldn’t concentrate. We went at Christmas and she was good as gold. Kids have different moods and to be honest I was zoning off watching the parade, most kids in that situation would be handed an iPad to entertain them but imagine the uproar if Kate had done that! I think Charlotte is a classic “girly girl” and probably gets a bit frustrated having a boisterous little brother who takes a lot of attention, I was exactly the same with my brother as kids and I love him dearly now! If the kids had sat still for 2 hours everyone would be going “oh let them be kids they should be running around not sat stiff” sometimes you just cannot win.

Also, the people saying “if I’d have done that I’d have got a good slap” or “my kids know what will happen if they did that”….yikes we’re in 2022 I thought the days of scaring our kids into submission were over.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I wish drone company had a documentary to show all the process involved in that part, but I guess they won't do as it may give away trade stuff. Looks like one company has a monopoly on drone light shows.

My top 3 of the weekend was the drones, Kate Moss and Craig David :D

View attachment 1321940
Some lucky people must have seen the rehearsals.

Louis was fantastic wasn't he, he's like the cute littler court jester making us all giggle, this pic really made me chortle, peace to you or maybe not for Boris 🤭 ✌

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 09.58.27.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 18
H&M's financial status really interests me. Count me as a believer that they are living way beyond their means. They bought that cash cow house and paid off the Frogmore renovations as soon as they got their Spotify and Netflix advances/signing bonuses. The US mansion is in a neighbourhood full of Oprahs, Ellens, and Gwyneths - these people have real money, hundreds of millions. Because it isn't just about buying the house, it costs major bank to furnish and maintain places like this. Gardener, housekeepers, house managers, nannies (poor Doria can't be doing it all), security ( :rolleyes: ). Property taxes are massive and due annually in the US as another poster mentioned. Flying private isn't cheap and they can only mooch rides off their richer 'friends' for so long. Private school fees will start soon.

They've made one podcast (I think?) and are currently making the Invictus doc for Netflix. They presumably would have had to use some of the advance money to hire people to do the actual work for these projects (plus the animated show that was cancelled). There doesn't seem to be anything else in the making except Harry's book and possibly future inheritances. More than enough to live on for your average millionaires, but these two aren't living like average millionaires. They will have to downsize their lifestyle at some point.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
H&M's financial status really interests me. Count me as a believer that they are living way beyond their means. They bought that cash cow house and paid off the Frogmore renovations as soon as they got their Spotify and Netflix advances/signing bonuses. The US mansion is in a neighbourhood full of Oprahs, Ellens, and Gwyneths - these people have real money, hundreds of millions. Because it isn't just about buying the house, it costs major bank to furnish and maintain places like this. Gardener, housekeepers, house managers, nannies (poor Doria can't be doing it all), security ( :rolleyes: ). Property taxes are massive and due annually in the US as another poster mentioned. Flying private isn't cheap and they can only mooch rides off their richer 'friends' for so long. Private school fees will start soon.

They've made one podcast (I think?) and are currently making the Invictus doc for Netflix. They presumably would have had to use some of the advance money to hire people to do the actual work for these projects (plus the animated show that was cancelled). There doesn't seem to be anything else in the making except Harry's book and possibly future inheritances. More than enough to live on for your average millionaires, but these two aren't living like average millionaires. They will have to downsize their lifestyle at some point.
God try telling them that

• Haha
Reactions: 3

I agree. They must have spent a lot of his inheritance and they can't have much of an income. Archewell also interests me - they registered it in Delaware so they get to keep 95% of the donations which is ethically wrong if not legally wrong. I don't believe they're getting many donations through archewell either though so what are they doing for money? They must just be burning through inheritance money and that's a really bad financial move. They announce a new hire for archewell regularly enough as well yet none of these people seem to produce any work. How are they paying the wages?

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I agree. They must have spent a lot of his inheritance and they can't have much of an income. Archewell also interests me - they registered it in Delaware so they get to keep 95% of the donations which is ethically wrong if not legally wrong. I don't believe they're getting many donations through archewell either though so what are they doing for money? They must just be burning through inheritance money and that's a really bad financial move. They announce a new hire for archewell regularly enough as well yet none of these people seem to produce any work. How are they paying the wages?
Investments providing income streams? ( I dont know nearly enough about all this, just piping up :) )

Investments providing income streams? ( I dont know nearly enough about all this, just piping up :) )
They must have some money invested but not enough to find this lifestyle surely? Harry is a millionaire not a billionaire. Was it 30 million he got from Diana? I know it's a huge amount of money to us normal people but he's comparatively poor in the circles he's moving in.

Reactions: 6
They must have some money invested but not enough to find this lifestyle surely? Harry is a millionaire not a billionaire. Was it 30 million he got from Diana? I know it's a huge amount of money to us normal people but he's comparatively poor in the circles he's moving in.
No idea, interesting to consider though! How much would you get by living off the interest of say, 10million? These are sums this poor church mouse hasn't had to do before 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 5
No idea, interesting to consider though! How much would you get by living off the interest of say, 10million? These are sums this poor church mouse hasn't had to do before 🤭
I have no idea but even if they were getting a 10% return on 10 million that would be 1 million which wouldn't keep them for a whole year. I imagine 10% is high but I don't really have a clue on this sort of thing. Unfortunately I've never needed to find out!

They probably got a a few decent lump sums with the advances on all their deals and that might keep them going for a while. They don't have any way to generate a large income now though so they're going to be in trouble when the lump sums are gone.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.