The Royal Family #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seeing the queen at 96 makes me realise that I don't want to live that long even if it was possible to happen, which is doubtful. I'd be ecstatic with another 40 years and I'm currently 35.

Makes you realise how important it is to live life while young because old age is a witch even for those with wealth and privilege.

Reactions: 31
Seeing the queen at 96 makes me realise that I don't want to live that long even if it was possible to happen, which is doubtful. I'd be ecstatic with another 40 years and I'm currently 35.

Makes you realise how important it is to live life while young because old age is a witch even for those with wealth and privilege.
She has only really deteriorated in the last few months or so I think, or even since she had covid. She's had a pretty decent run until then

Reactions: 15
Yeah she’s been blessed with excellent health until now, which is why the decline is so stark I think.

Reactions: 12
Anyone else think the gruesome twosome will hit the nuclear button sometime this week now the festivities are over?
I think the 'gruesome twosome' are going to go back to sunny California and enjoy their lives as a happy, wealthy family who don't have to answer to anyone in their lovely home with the 14 bathrooms.

Seriously though, as someone who contracted post-infectious IBS, the 14 bathrooms sounds like a dream and I see how it can inspire envy in others.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
le sigh.

Again and again women are being accused of stealing the show. Last year, Kate was blasted for staring at the camera from the car and having that iconic photo taken..now it's Meghan being roasted for showing up at the St Paul's cathedral , all smiling and in white.

Seriously what are royal women supposed to do? Always wear one drab green dress like Wives from the ''Handmaid's tale''? have you noticed how royal men are rarely criticized for the same thing?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I think the 'gruesome twosome' are going to go back to sunny California and enjoy their lives as a happy, wealthy family who don't have to answer to anyone in their lovely home with the 14 bathrooms.

Seriously though, as someone who contracted post-infectious IBS, the 14 bathrooms sounds like a dream and I see how it can inspire envy in others.
I always think some poor bastard has to to clean them all :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I haven’t watched the interview nor do I plan to, but from an article I quickly glanced over (and sadly cannot find again) to see what she said exactly, it mentioned that she had voiced discomfort about those comments and was ignored. Plus, the comments may have been made without Harry being there or he may have not realised how the comments are not obviously racist. Really, it doesn’t matter

Plus I’m sure the two would have corrected the language used around that if they felt so strongly. I doubt even the average American really wants to discuss racism, even if it’s about the RF, because there will be plenty of people who have gone through similar things themselves. If I remember right the Harry and Meghan rave thread had a pretty good discussion about this in general

If it comes to the day that we’re deciding whether to keep or get rid of the RF, I don’t think Harry and Meghan’s experience will have much bearing. There’s plenty of other examples of the RF being racist in the past; the fact that they attend private schools where those sort of mindsets are normalised, or so it seems from the many privately educated people I’ve met, will play a bigger role. That and basically everything else about the RF

It’s been almost ironic hearing BBC saying that the Queen has no real political power, or maybe it was part of the Queen’s speech that was part of one of the events, but there’s evidence of her/the RF lobbying the government to change or be excluded from certain laws.
Meghan went to an inclusive private school. I don't remember the Oprah interview now but I'm pretty sure she didn't mention putting in a complaint about that, only mental health and privileges.

It's easy for me to say but I would pick up the telephone if I felt threatened.

You're right that the commonwealth needs to be wound down. Also the UK is multicultural and that is to be welcomed. I love the diversity but dislike the intense focus on it like your average white Brit is personally responsible for atrocities in the past. And if you say that you don't like the way a POC is acting then you're racist.

How did we come up with these labels anyway? It makes me want to tear up any equality and diversity forms. Do you think they help? (Genuine query.) I have gay friends who intensely dislike having to tick a box on their sexuality. I get annoyed as I'm not allowed to say I am English. I have to say I'm British whereas I was born in one country. Might be difficult to be born in two 🤣

The head of state issue will be addressed in due course and see what is suitable for the country. Yes H&M are irrelevant in that respect but don't like to be and are incredibly stroppy about it whilst still wanting funding. The hypocrisy is overwhelming.

Reactions: 3
le sigh.

Again and again women are being accused of stealing the show. Last year, Kate was blasted for staring at the camera from the car and having that iconic photo taken..now it's Meghan being roasted for showing up at the St Paul's cathedral , all smiling and in white.

Seriously what are royal women supposed to do? Always wear one drab green dress like Wives from the ''Handmaid's tale''? have you noticed how royal men are rarely criticized for the same thing?
Well, what do you expect them to say when there are brazen hussies going around smiling through open car windows? Someone has to take a stand if we're going to stem the moral decay.

But on a serious note, the overwhelmingly male royal reporters are archaic relics who spout the most misognystic bullshit. You just know poor Charlotte will be subjected to it eventually as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think the last few days will have highlighted to Harry what a mistake he’s made. His kids are growing up in a $14m prison- they clearly don’t go out to play dates/parks/shops etc as they would have been papped by now. So the ‘normal life’ he craved for them doesn’t really exist.

Meanwhile, the Cambridge kids demonstrated this week that they have a close relationship with their cousins and other family - there was a natural familiarity that can’t be faked by children. We know that W&C trade photos at key events for relative privacy the rest of the time- their life isn’t normal and never will be but at least they get to spend their pocket money at Smiggle.

Reactions: 13
le sigh.

Allegedly the coat was meant to be lilac but it looked white on the TV. I agree with everything you said. Kate’s a white because she married and had children with a man (a man who had had several rumours of affairs), Meghan is photographed doing the ‘sssh’ hand motion to the children and it’s allegedly because she was telling them not to reveal that she had arrived or whatever nonsense those die hard anti Meghan fans were spouting.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes he did. I saw that part, I’m surprised the apology took so long to come because it was a while after he’d said it.
I thought the same. I saw him say it and thought ooosh but no apology came for a while, as that part was some time after when Clare Balding said that so I wondered it something else was overheard on the live cameras of the parade

Reactions: 1
I think the last few days will have highlighted to Harry what a mistake he’s made. His kids are growing up in a $14m prison- they clearly don’t go out to play dates/parks/shops etc as they would have been papped by now. So the ‘normal life’ he craved for them doesn’t really exist.

Meanwhile, the Cambridge kids demonstrated this week that they have a close relationship with their cousins and other family - there was a natural familiarity that can’t be faked by children. We know that W&C trade photos at key events for relative privacy the rest of the time- their life isn’t normal and never will be but at least they get to spend their pocket money at Smiggle.
Or, they go out fine but have restraining orders preventing pictures being published.
I know David Tennant has 5 children but I don’t assume he is keeping them in a cellar because they are never seen in the Sidebar of Shame.

Reactions: 14
Well, what do you expect them to say when there are brazen hussies going around smiling through open car windows? Someone has to take a stand if we're going to stem the moral decay.

But on a serious note, the overwhelmingly male royal reporters are archaic relics who spout the most misognystic bullshit. You just know poor Charlotte will be subjected to it eventually as well.
Issue is to stamp out misogyny (if we can?!). Anne has done pretty well. Zara too.

Meghan not so great as she's built a career as being a sex kitten and being indulged. Catherine just wants a quiet life doing what she does, and being a mother and wife.

Reactions: 4
His kids are growing up in a $14m prison- they clearly don’t go out to play dates/parks/shops etc as they would have been papped by now. So the ‘normal life’ he craved for them doesn’t really exist.
No one really knows what lives they lead though. They usually only get photographed when they call the photographers themselves (allegedly) so maybe when the children are concerned they don’t? No one really knows.

Reactions: 10
Or, they go out fine but have restraining orders preventing pictures being published.
I know David Tennant has 5 children but I don’t assume he is keeping them in a cellar because they are never seen in the Sidebar of Shame.
Don't know how the paparazzi in America works but I imagine they're a bit more tame than the British tabloids so it may also be possible to buy them out in general. The two surely have a good amount of money

Reactions: 4
Although I thoroughly enjoyed the Jubilee and in my opinion it was a fitting tribute to The Queen I do understand if future generations might think a pared down Monarchy may be more fitting for the current times. To give you an example my brother and I were watching the wedding of Kate and William in 2011 and I think it was David Dimbelby who when they left the church said something like, ' and now the sun has come out especially for them,'. My brother was like this is a bit like brain washing and it seemed a tad excessive. Interestingly my father was young when the Queen had her coronation in 1952. He remembers quite fierce debate about whether it should be televised (at that time)as if the general public at that time shouldn't see such an event. He told me that growing up in the post war period he felt the disparity between his family and the lives of the Royals very acutely. He is still alive but he won't watch Royal events. I let him use my Netflix account instead so he has been watching that. I am the one who watches all the Royal events in my family.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I like Mike Tindall, he seems like a down to earth guy. Along with Zara, they may be the most normal out of all the members of the royal family.

Reactions: 13
Don't know how the paparazzi in America works but I imagine they're a bit more tame than the British tabloids so it may also be possible to buy them out in general. The two surely have a good amount of money
I’m only basing this on the videos of Britney back in the day when she shaved her head but the American paparazzi didn’t look tame then. I think the British press have this agreement not to publish photos of royal children going about their day to days lives though hence the posed birthday/first day at school snaps so they have some

Reactions: 3
I rewatched the Paddington sketch again and “happy jubilee ma’am and thank you for everything” set me off. It really is less of a celebration and more of a goodbye isn’t it.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.