The Royal Family #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It would but I reckon they have it in them…to cling on the the momentum of the weekends events. Divorce will happen but not anytime soon I reckon…name the alleged royal racist perhaps? I think they are in desperate territory now.
Wouldn’t naming the royal who did that open them to a possible law suit? Thinking along the lines of defamation here (quick edit aha). I doubt they’d want to try that really

If anything, they may release some private pictures of the kids or with the family. Though people would be mad at them for that too

Reactions: 8
It would but I reckon they have it in them…to cling on the the momentum of the weekends events. Divorce will happen but not anytime soon I reckon…name the alleged royal racist perhaps? I think they are in desperate territory now.
Interesting. I'd say they'd never be back here if they did that. Not right at this time anyway.

Reactions: 4
Oh ❤👑 She’s amazing! Whatever the royal family may or may not be, you can’t deny that the woman has given her life to duty and service with grace and dignity. We’ll never see this again.
That is what I think

Reactions: 5
They just showed a clip of her on the balcony from 3 days ago and the difference from today is striking.
Is it me imagining that?

Oh gosh, whoever said she looked emotional now made me feel sad for her. She knows this is the last time a great party in her honor will be held and that thought is making me well up. I think it will hit like a ton of brick when she died as she has always been in people's lives. The next time there be crowds of this size could be at her funeral, which is grim. I'm going to have a cry in the corner.

//sorry my post isn't making much sense, I just had this emotional gut feeling that the queen won't always be around.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
They just showed a clip of her on the balcony from 3 days ago and the difference from today is striking.
Is it me imagining that?
No, not just you. I noticed as well. She looked tired and unwell today, very pale.

I don‘t think she’s going to be with us much longer. The rest of the family all looked so sad. The next time we see that kind of pomp will be her funeral.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Who knows. But it’s only news or bothers you if you make it.
Or maybe they will just go home and people will stop being obsessed with what they may or may not do. Whenever a few pages go by without them being mentioned people who purport to hate them have to bring them up again!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She didn’t look as bright today as she did on Thursday. The schedule must be physically exhausting for her but the mental toll for her must be enormous…although it’s a celebration of her life she is, sadly, close to the end and we don’t know if that is something she personally is at peace with.

Reactions: 11
Wouldn’t naming the royal who did that open them to a possible law suit? I doubt they’d want to try that really

If anything, they may release some private pictures of the kids or with the family. Though people would be mad at them for that too
It really depends what was said? They were very unclear in Oprah interview.

I am white and had a black boyfriend 10 years ago who wanted to get married and have children. I pondered it at the time but didn't say outloud but wondered what our children would look like. I don't think that makes me racist, I wondered.

We didn't split up for those reasons anyway just that I wasn't in love with him.

They didn't specify exactly what was said. It could be similar to height. I'm short so I wondered also what height any children would be. Same as inherited conditions.

We don't know what was said

Reactions: 9
Still not for some groups of people unfortunately

hasn’t the government been in some mildly hot water (I use mildly because I haven’t seen much discussion by the general population) with the community over the ban on conversion therapy not including the trans community?
Not to derail but what the trans community are calling conversion therapy is not the same as conversion therapy for homosexuality.
Therapy in this case means exploring any other reasons for distress before putting children on a lifetime of medication and possible removal of body parts. These reasons could include abuse and homophobia or even not just fitting the current narrow sterotypic roles children are expected to follow.

20220605_172804.jpg
20220605_172827.jpg

• Heart
I dont particularly respect Catherine but bleep is a bit much imo! She has turned herself into an empty vessel for the Royals and its irritating when people say she is a role model for girls, because they are basically saying women should be taught to shut up and do what their husband and his family tells them to do, have no opinions or character and not be troublesome. But that is mainly the fault of the sycophantic Royal Rota and the RF themselves.
The whole concept of the Commonwealth was to give the RF something to do once the Empire had ended, and now its just an anachronism.
In another thread someone wrote that feminists hate Catherine cause she devoted herself to husband and kids.But Catherine is not your average housewife, she is married into a family that is the epitome of privilege.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It really depends what was said? They were very unclear in Oprah interview.

I am white and had a black boyfriend 10 years ago who wanted to get married and have children. I pondered it at the time but didn't say outloud but wondered what our children would look like. I don't think that makes me racist, I wondered.

We didn't split up for those reasons anyway just that I wasn't in love with him.

They didn't specify exactly what was said. It could be similar to height. I'm short so I wondered also what height any children would be. Same as inherited conditions.

We don't know what was said
I don’t disagree and I have a similar opinion, though I think if Meghan found it problematic that’s fair enough and really all that matters. I don’t particularly like her, but people have a tendency, and I say that from experience, to dismiss concerns about this sort of stuff as “they may not have meant that!”

But realistically branding a specific person in the family, rather than one person from a group of people, as racist seems like a very easy route for a law suit and I doubt that they’d want to do that, especially if they can’t prove that it happened which seems likely

Reactions: 5
I agree that the Queen looked emotional. I think that may have been her last balcony appearance.

The photographer Chris Jackson has a photo up on insta and it looks like she has tears in her eyes 😭

• Sad
I don’t disagree and I have a similar opinion, though I think if Meghan found it problematic that’s fair enough and really all that matters. I don’t particularly like her, but people have a tendency, and I say that from experience, to dismiss concerns about this sort of stuff as “they may not have meant that!”

But realistically branding a specific person in the family, rather than one person from a group of people, as racist seems like a very easy route for a law suit and I doubt that they’d want to do that, especially if they can’t prove that it happened which seems likely
I genuinely don't know? If it caused her hurt of course she should have voiced it. Perhaps not on a multi-million viewers show!!

Harry said it was once and only to him. She said multiple times. It's hard to fathom what exactly happened.

Reactions: 8
No, not just you. I noticed as well. She looked tired and unwell today, very pale.

I don‘t think she’s going to be with us much longer. The rest of the family all looked so sad. The next time we see that kind of pomp will be her funeral.
I noticed her jaw was quite slack, like she was breathing heavily. It’s been a funny old weekend, like a long goodbye. Must be very bittersweet for the RF.

• Sad
I genuinely don't know? If it caused her hurt of course she should have voiced it. Perhaps not on a multi-million viewers show!!

Harry said it was once and only to him. She said multiple times. It's hard to fathom what exactly happened.
I haven’t watched the interview nor do I plan to, but from an article I quickly glanced over (and sadly cannot find again) to see what she said exactly, it mentioned that she had voiced discomfort about those comments and was ignored. Plus, the comments may have been made without Harry being there or he may have not realised how the comments are not obviously racist. Really, it doesn’t matter

Plus I’m sure the two would have corrected the language used around that if they felt so strongly. I doubt even the average American really wants to discuss racism, even if it’s about the RF, because there will be plenty of people who have gone through similar things themselves. If I remember right the Harry and Meghan rave thread had a pretty good discussion about this in general

If it comes to the day that we’re deciding whether to keep or get rid of the RF, I don’t think Harry and Meghan’s experience will have much bearing. There’s plenty of other examples of the RF being racist in the past; the fact that they attend private schools where those sort of mindsets are normalised, or so it seems from the many privately educated people I’ve met, will play a bigger role. That and basically everything else about the RF

It’s been almost ironic hearing BBC saying that the Queen has no real political power, or maybe it was part of the Queen’s speech that was part of one of the events, but there’s evidence of her/the RF lobbying the government to change or be excluded from certain laws.

• Sad
  • Heart
Anyone else think the gruesome twosome will hit the nuclear button sometime this week now the festivities are over?
They aren't even there today and they are still living rent free in some people's heads

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I haven’t watched the interview nor do I plan to, but from an article I quickly glanced over (and sadly cannot find again) to see what she said exactly, it mentioned that she had voiced discomfort about those comments and was ignored. Plus, the comments may have been made without Harry being there or he may have not realised how the comments are not obviously racist. Really, it doesn’t matter
In the interview Harry said the comments were made to him without Meghan being there. I also think he said they were made at the beginning of the relationship and she said they were made while she was pregnant so they contradicted each other

Reactions: 4

Plus I’m sure the two would have corrected the language used around that if they felt so strongly. I doubt even the average American really wants to discuss racism, even if it’s about the RF, because there will be plenty of people who have gone through similar things themselves. If I remember right the Harry and Meghan rave thread had a pretty good discussion about this in general

If it comes to the day that we’re deciding whether to keep or get rid of the RF, I don’t think Harry and Meghan’s experience will have much bearing. There’s plenty of other examples of the RF being racist in the past; the fact that they attend private schools where those sort of mindsets are normalised, or so it seems from the many privately educated people I’ve met, will play a bigger role. That and basically everything else about the RF

It’s been almost ironic hearing BBC saying that the Queen has no real political power, or maybe it was part of the Queen’s speech that was part of one of the events, but there’s evidence of her/the RF lobbying the government to change or be excluded from certain laws.
My friend said as sad as it is, you could think of 5 people it theoretically could have been without pausing for breath.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.