The Royal Family #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair, she does have excellent comic timing 😃
She’s brilliant, I just love her! What an absolute legend.
I do feel this jubilee has been less of a massive celebration and more to honour her and give thanks, like a tribute and goodbye. Bless her, with all the will in the world she isn’t going to be around forever and 96 is a bloody good age! I wonder if there is a health issue they have kept private and whether she’s been determined to get through this event, and now might deteriorate. We’ll see I guess.

I can’t imagine too much of a celebration for Charles when it’s his coronation to be honest 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Really surprised Ed Sheeran and Adele weren’t on the line up. Or Ellie Goulding, Sam Smith, Dua Lipa, Little Mix, Kylie, The Rolling Stones, Shirley Bassey, Coldplay, Annie Lennox, Boy George etc.

Reactions: 16
I wonder why Harry and Meghan didn't attend last night? Bit odd considering everyone was there.
Lilibet's first birthday probably had something to do with it being a nominated family day, and the fact that they don't seem to be very welcome in the family from everything that has been shown

I saw some tabloid speculating that they may have had Lilibet's christening in private yesterday also

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Lilibet's first birthday probably had something to do with it being a nominated family day, and the fact that they don't seem to be very welcome in the family from everything that has been shown

I saw some tabloid speculating that they may have had Lilibet's christening in private yesterday also
So, basically they have no idea 😃 :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Don't think the tabloids ever really have a solid idea unless the RF says something themselves
I know … I just love the way rumour becomes speculation becomes fact by lunch time.
shortly they will have rugby tackled to the Queen to the ground and dragged her to the Chapel to be godmother and had a high tea with marmalade sandwiches.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I was wondering if the Queen was spending time with Harry & Meghan and the kids last night. Maybe watching the concert.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

They seemed to be getting on fine with Princess Eugenie and her husband. They're very close so they could have sat near them.

I know they were with TQ yesterday but Windsor to BP isn't the hardest journey in the world.

We'll probably find out when they return to the US and tell all to the US media.

Reactions: 2
The way she says heh and looks at the camera :ROFLMAO:
Wouldn't it be weird seeing yourself on money though?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
How long is this pageant meant to be? Why is the BBC already broadcasting it???

an actual start time would be great too, I though it was in the evening?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
How long is this pageant meant to be? Why is the BBC already broadcasting it???

an actual start time would be great too, I though it was in the evening?
2.30. They have themed busses.

Please please tell me Oasis are going 🤞

Reactions: 2
Was watching Al Jazeera a little while ago and they were discussing the importance of the royal family, the future of it, and the commonwealth etc. They had guests from Nairobi, in Birmingham (UK) and a guy from UK too. Not sure who they were exactly, but the guy from Nairobi is a journalist I think as seen him before. It was interesting.

They were saying that the issue with commonwealth is that despite it being a good thing generally, it's still a sign of white European dominance and in some ways, supremacy (I'm paraphrasing a bit) over the ex colonial realms, and that it is likely that the the Caribbean countries will remove queen as head of state.

I think they were a bit torn on the commonwealth, but the Kenyan guy did think Commonwealth is still an institution rooted in colonialism that will always haunt it. I wonder if there will be moves to sever the commonwealth when the Queen dies, or will that continue?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Was watching Al Jazeera a little while ago and they were discussing the importance of the royal family, the future of it, and the commonwealth etc. They had guests from Nairobi, in Birmingham (UK) and a guy from UK too. Not sure who they were exactly, but the guy from Nairobi is a journalist I think as seen him before. It was interesting.

They were saying that the issue with commonwealth is that despite it being a good thing generally, it's still a sign of white European dominance and in some ways, supremacy (I'm paraphrasing a bit) over the ex colonial realms, and that it is likely that the the Caribbean countries will remove queen as head of state.

I think they were a bit torn on the commonwealth, but the Kenyan guy did think Commonwealth is still an institution rooted in colonialism that will always haunt it. I wonder if there will be moves to sever the commonwealth when the Queen dies, or will that continue?
It’s always a odd seeing the Royal go to some of the Caribbean countries tbh. Doesn’t feel very right

• Sad
Reactions: 10

I think that will always hang over it. These countries have nothing in common apart from being former British colonies, and I'm not entirely sure what Commonwealth countries get out of being in it, although it must be something as they continue to pay to be in it. I suspect it ay continue but the Monarch won't be Head of it after HM dies. I doubt William will be Head of State of anywhere apart from the UK though.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.