The Royal Family #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s always a odd seeing the Royal go to some of the Caribbean countries tbh. Doesn’t feel very right
It's not ideal. Especially going to these countries to persuade them to keep the queen (or king, when it happens). I believe they should just be able to decide for themselves. We shouldn't impose decisions on anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She’s brilliant, I just love her! What an absolute legend.
I do feel this jubilee has been less of a massive celebration and more to honour her and give thanks, like a tribute and goodbye. Bless her, with all the will in the world she isn’t going to be around forever and 96 is a bloody good age! I wonder if there is a health issue they have kept private and whether she’s been determined to get through this event, and now might deteriorate. We’ll see I guess.

I can’t imagine too much of a celebration for Charles when it’s his coronation to be honest 😬
I think that will always hang over it. These countries have nothing in common apart from being former British colonies, and I'm not entirely sure what Commonwealth countries get out of being in it, although it must be something as they continue to pay to be in it. I suspect it ay continue but the Monarch won't be Head of it after HM dies. I doubt William will be Head of State of anywhere apart from the UK though.
I agree with this. I am neutral on the Queen, but respect her long reign. I absolutely despise all the rest of the RF (I did a jig when Philip died and I think my avatar picture is, hats off to her, Britain's most successful bleep) I don't blame the Commonwealth for not wanting anything to do with the RF and I think a lot will change after the Queen dies.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Look at Joan Collins. Are they just going to driving about in jags?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I agree with this. I am neutral on the Queen, but respect her long reign. I absolutely despise all the rest of the RF (I did a jig when Philip died and I think my avatar picture is, hats off to her, Britain's most successful bleep) I don't blame the Commonwealth for not wanting anything to do with the RF and I think a lot will change after the Queen dies.
I really liked PP! I don't think Catherine is a bleep.

The commonwealth was set up in different times and has outlived its purpose.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think it’s telling that a lot of the people on BBC are saying that they like the Queen because she’s always been there. The few who met her obviously have positive opinions that are a bit more personal, but that’s very few people

The family isn’t very relatable. That may change with William but I somewhat doubt it. The privacy, while understandable, also makes one stop from really feeling like there’s any sort of connection between their average life and these people living in pure luxury. At least with the average celeb, that’s sort of possible

The one thing saving the RF is that they’re connected to a sense of being British but that’s a bit of a slippery slope imo. Not hard to quickly see racism and xenophobia mixed into that sort of discourse

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Are the kids thier today? Just seen Charles
A Twitter user has said that all of the children are there today, but there’s no photos I can find and the BBC hasn’t shown an identifiable shot from what I can tell

edit:

Reactions: 2
A Twitter user has said that all of the children are there today, but there’s no photos I can find and the BBC hasn’t shown an identifiable shot from what I can tell

edit:
Oh George has just been shown.

Reactions: 1
I really liked PP! I don't think Catherine is a bleep.

The commonwealth was set up in different times and has outlived its purpose.
We'll have to disagree on that. Totally agree with you about the commonwealth, though.

Reactions: 1
I think they were a bit torn on the commonwealth, but the Kenyan guy did think Commonwealth is still an institution rooted in colonialism that will always haunt it. I wonder if there will be moves to sever the commonwealth when the Queen dies, or will that continue?
I think the Commonwealth will change and reduce reasonably rapidly and that there will be a number of moves to become republics. Jamaica is poised to do so, as far as I'm aware and I think others will follow once the Queen dies.

Reactions: 4
Tbf there’s only so many matching people you can watch before the afternoon needed nap catches up to you
But it’s only just started and behind the person taking 42 salutes probably isn’t the most inconspicuous place 😃
somebody give her a prod.

Reactions: 3
It’s feeling a bit flag parade at the Olympics… just worse because there’s no topless men

literally as I posted that some almost topless men came out lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.