Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
Yes it is an anachronism and hopefully will be disbanded in due course.

But with regard to Catherine every woman (or man) can choose to be a stay at home mum/dad and shouldn't be criticised for that. She does a lot of visits which aren't recorded.
She's not a stay at home mum though! We are paying for her to work and what both William and Kate do is minimal, and interspersed with a lot of holidays. They both use the ' stay at home parent' excuse for this, but they have two school aged children, a nanny and numerous other staff. What's the nanny doing if she's a stay at home mum? The most annoying thing is that she is put up as the perfect woman ( particularly this week) when she has married someone, had some kids and wears clothes. I doubt she does that many unrecorded visits. The Cambridges work numbers are so low, you can bet they would record everything they do!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Timelyreminder

Harry and Meghan deserve some of the flak they (even a LOT of it!).

However, Harry has DEFINITELY been thrown under the bus. This has always happened to the spare but this is far nastier. Things were OK when Harry knew his place as joker brother but we’re always going to turn sour when he brought a wife onto the scene. Kate had some negative press but the Meghan stuff (whatever we think of her) is really quite disturbing.

Harry is spoilt and didn’t handle it well but it must have been devastating to see stories constantly leaked about the woman he loves.

It’s all SO dysfunctional.

Harry can’t be compared with Princess Anne - she is Princess Royale, would have been offered more protection and is a different character anyway. Agree she could have mentored but they don’t seem to be that type of family.

The puff pieces on William approaching his 40th are🤢 Even the disastrous Caribbean tour not his fault in any way. He is a saint and Harry the weak devil! Even footage of William actually interacting with one of his children other than George trotted out! It’s all this constant PR spin that makes me sick of them.

As for the whole Early Years thing….
I completely agree with every word of this.
I think we all have to remember that this is a big game - the Royal family is made of competing press offices who all want their agendas front and centre for the members they represent. The RF is not a normal family in that regard.

KP were totally briefing against Harry and Meghan that whole year before they left for North America. It was so obvious; as soon as they left Britain, all the hearsay stories from anonymous sources suddenly vanished. Because KP didn't have access to them anymore.

H&M have no doubt made mistakes and I think it's obvious that M hasn't quite understood the very nebulous and fragile tensions that exist between the public and the RF, but the Palaces have absolutely stoked those misunderstandings for their own gain. Meghan outshone them all and they couldn't let that fly- she had to be stopped.

The William at 40 stories are hilarious. Basically, it boils down to this narrative:

He's not interested in being king but has become resigned to it.
Lots of courtiers have been scrabbling around trying to find a legacy project for him to be interested in. Climate Action? Elephants? Homeless people?
He has a very patient wife.
He hates Andrew and wants everyone to know how much of a dick his brother has been.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
The people we saw on the balcony today are the people we will see on the balcony in future. Charles, Camilla, William, Kate and their children. That’s it.

lucrecia

That's daft hyperbole. Has no-one got used to the media yet??? She's a woman in the public eye who appears to be kind and family orientated. No-one is perfect.

Same with Meghan but she seems to create a lot of discord because she's quite dishonest. Hopefully her and H will settle down a bit more, I don't think they're sure of their direction as yet.
The media hates Meghan so they build Kate up. Before Meghan came along, they were far more critical of Kate, they called her 'Waity Katy' and 'the Duchess of Doolittle'.

• Heart

Eugenie

This seems pretty funny if true, Harry seems the kinda guy who would be raging reading this and Mike’s the type to not care

I know it became a Megxit thing to say, but Harry really does look bloody miserable in those photos
Oh I think homeboy Tindall cares a LOT about his image and keeping in with the right royals. Harry is spoilt and misguided but he shows amazing empathy and charm at times. Tindall is just a rich boy putting on act. Don’t get the love for him!

• Wow
  • Haha

SmeatonsStar

The message from the Cambridge’s that they’re ‘just like us’ continues to be easily ridiculed as they move towards having three huge homes from this summer - moving to Windsor for the children’s schooling, but keeping KP as their ‘main’ home and Amner being kept ready for when their children have finished school and as a holiday home.

Time to drop the PR spin that they live in the same world as the rest of us - people are struggling to pay for food, utilities, petrol etc and there is not an argument they can share that would justify the need for three properties. The money saved to the taxpayer / crown by not paying the running costs for two of those houses and them being rented out by the Crown Estate would buy an awful lot of copies of the Big Issue….

VioletButterfly

VIP Member
Hi, I hope I’m not asking a stupid question, and I ask respectfully, if this is the Royal Family Thread, why does no one here seem to like the Royal Family? This reads like such a big fu to them, why not call it the anti-RF thread? I’m thinking perhaps a lot more of us RF Fans are lurking here, hesitant to stand up for them for fear of being shouted down. And by more of us, I mean those who respect the Queen for all she’s given for the past 70 years, Revered the world over.
Oh, and about the concert I get people being tired of Elton, and Paul, but tbh, they’re Music Royalty, loved the world over. We give GB huge respect for them. It’s like if you had the Mona Lisa hanging in the British Museum, and you;re complaining it’s so old. So, maybe most posters just don’t like much that happened before video games And everybody started getting a trophy for being there.
BTW, I’m a NYer, but my Mom’s family were Cheshires, and my Nana was Nutty for HMTQ. Taught me to curtsy at age 3, in case I ever met the Queen’. Rats ass chance I’d ever be in the company of royals, but I know how to curtsy! Happy Jubilee :) Here’s to the next one!
3E162897-C5FD-42AF-82AE-777237FA1103.gif
Namaste
28B05B5A-77B1-4CF3-87B6-18C9CC5DFFB6.gif

• Heart

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Lilibet's first birthday probably had something to do with it being a nominated family day, and the fact that they don't seem to be very welcome in the family from everything that has been shown

I saw some tabloid speculating that they may have had Lilibet's christening in private yesterday also
So, basically they have no idea 😃 :cool:

• Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
It’s ridiculous that people can’t see the irony in a Prince pretending to be down with ‘ordinary’ people by selling the Big Issue then buggering off home to a bloody palace, whilst waffling about how much he cares about homelessness. 🙄
Another poster on here says she volunteers at a shelter and William often volunteers there too and there is zero publicity. She said the supervisor treats him no differently to the other volunteers and he has to muck in cleaning up the mess just as the others do. There is no preferential treatment.

• Haha

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Yes quite. Mike Tindall is really bigging up his part as 'The People's Prince' isn't he? If he's not cashing in on his Royal connections, then I don't know who is! He'd better not do the dirty on Zara ( or hope Zara doesn't bin him)or he'll be out in the cold with the rest of them.
I’m pretty sure that particular ship has already sailed. (Allegedly)
It’s a bit rich for drunken alleged cheat and dwarf tosser Tindall to be calling anyone else a bellend, even if it is Harry. Pot meet kettle.
Any mention of Tindall’s thought about Zara’s noncey Uncle? No, thought not. 🙄

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Makes me laugh about red heads as I am one also my sons ...women well the majority do..dye their hair red if you look around...plus it's the only colour to have good pigmentation that we don't go grey quick....
I know someone who is a genuine red head who calls those with dyed red hair ‘Fred’s’ (fake reds) 😁

Someone was asking who a man in uniform was and provided a picture on here but I can't find you 😁. This tells you who he is and what his "role" was regarding M and H. It also mentions Peter Phillips giving M the Royal Cut which seems to have been missed by everyone. It says the Queen is a good chess player 😁
p.s. comments section is interesting...
Genuinely, sometimes wonder if some folk have too much spare time on their hands.

• Haha

Mags44

Although I thoroughly enjoyed the Jubilee and in my opinion it was a fitting tribute to The Queen I do understand if future generations might think a pared down Monarchy may be more fitting for the current times. To give you an example my brother and I were watching the wedding of Kate and William in 2011 and I think it was David Dimbelby who when they left the church said something like, ' and now the sun has come out especially for them,'. My brother was like this is a bit like brain washing and it seemed a tad excessive. Interestingly my father was young when the Queen had her coronation in 1952. He remembers quite fierce debate about whether it should be televised (at that time)as if the general public at that time shouldn't see such an event. He told me that growing up in the post war period he felt the disparity between his family and the lives of the Royals very acutely. He is still alive but he won't watch Royal events. I let him use my Netflix account instead so he has been watching that. I am the one who watches all the Royal events in my family.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Mags44

It's the same with Boris saying he couldn't afford a nanny . I don't know why they do it it's like they are trying to take the piss I think. It's so condescending.

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
Perhaps Mike Tindall was making a joke about not being able to afford his children's lunches as an analogy about price increases.

But that does rile the general public, it's not funny to quite a few.
It's a bit of a nasty ' joke'. As if he's mocking people who genuinely can't afford lunches for their kids. I don't know his background but you don't need to be poor to know that there are people who will not find it funny that the husband of the Queens granddaughter is moaning about the cost of living! I don't know what it is with the younger Royals. They seem to lack the empathy of The Queen, Charles Camilla and Anne. They seem to want to pretend to be ' just like you' when everyone knows they are not. It's condescending.

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
Was Omid Scobie always a royal commentator who has his input only come about from his interest in Meghan? I see he’s called the future of the royal family dull after the Queen passes now the Sussexes won’t be involved
That's hardly the revelation of the century! Charles and Camilla, William and Kate are hardly exciting! The most exciting thing about the Royals is when they have some kind of scandal.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Yeah she’s been blessed with excellent health until now, which is why the decline is so stark I think.

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
It was the British people who elected this Conservative Government, in part to sort out the deficit Labour left in 2010, not the royals. The royals can't vote. However nothing wrong with them promoting specific issues or meeting government Ministers as long as they avoid getting too party political

Didn't do Justin Trudeau too much harm, he was re elected after his blackface photos were published. Lots of people have youthful experiences that weren't perfect
Promoting and highlighting the work of actual experts is fine. Pretending that you are an expert when you are not, or getting PR people to tell other people how hard youve been 'working' is just silly.

The point about Williams part in the whole episode is not so much that he went in Blackface ( although as heir to a throne that is historically problematic to say the least when it comes to colonialism he should have not done it) it is that William has thrown Harry under the bus many times and continues to do so in order to cement his position, and is then surprised that Harry is so resentful and angry.