Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Any intel on what the black pin in the Queen's hat was for yesterday? I never really noticed it on TV but on the photos it really stands out!
I just assumed it was a hat pin!

I don’t get the Louis criticism either. People were going on and on about George being in a suit at the euros final and how he should just get to be a normal kid in a kit (he’s not a normal kid, he’s the heir to the throne) but when Louis is acting like any other kid it’s criticised?

Meghan does seem to go for a lot of hardcore designer with the givenchy and Dior. I preferred her first look to her second but either way I liked them both. I liked all of Kate’s too.
Genuinely any one expecting a 4 year old to sit through that without being bored has higher exceptions than I ever did.

Reactions: 14

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I mean what is this? The 80s or 90s? 🤭🫣(Referencing a big political scandal involving actual suitcases and money).
Idiot. I really wonder why they just don’t learn. It’s bound to come out. It’s not the first time. You would think they see the writing on the wall and cover up the remaining tracks better. Jeeez! Let’s hope Wiliam sag his team realise this and clean house so there is nothing to find.
They don’t learn because they don’t have to learn. It’s not as though any of them are at risk of losing their jobs if they make a cock up. Unfortunately.
I genuinely don’t think that people understand that fundamentally these people don’t care about ‘us’. The only thing they are interested in is keeping the family firm going - and I have no doubt that William will continue in the same way. He may play at being ‘normal’ and pretend to understand what things are like for ordinary people, but it is just pretending. If there is a choice between a genuine concern for ordinary people and paying £12million to the victim of sex trafficking, look at the choice the head of the royal family made. Look at a multi million pound hat getting its own chauffeur driven car. Look at a man playing at selling the Big Issue then going home to a palace, and pontificating about climate change while flying about in private jets.
They’ll never change because they don’t need to.

• Heart

hehehe

VIP Member
Would he have done it if he wasn't resentful of his family anyway? If he had come from a loving and supportive family who made him feel he was as important as his brother, as a human being, even if he wasnt Heir to the Throne, would he have thrown it all away in an instant? He was only going to lose status and influence from being the second in line to the Throne. William was only going to gain. Yet the entire family uses the rest of the family as cannon fodder to make sure the Principals can cling onto the Throne. I still believe Meghan is Harry's enabler. She has lapped up his tale of woe in a California Therapy way.
He was happy with his family until Meghan (who is completely estranged from her entire family and doesn't appear to have any friends who aren't hired per event) came along. My understanding is that on the contrary Harry was mollycoddled by Charles and Diana precisely because of William's "importance", to make sure he didn't feel left out, as a human being. The spoiled ungrateful self-important brat was waiting for the right trigger to emerge. It disgusts me when people who have endless opportunities in life still choose to be lazy, fucking stupid, entitled and uneducated loafers.

Eugenie

Exactly, it’s the same with the cheating rumours. People really think the if the press had evidence of it that they’d be satisfied and happy to report “Meghan’s neighbours don’t like her” in exchange for not printing that another future king and the child of Diana, the unlucky in love peoples princess, has cheated on his wife and the mother of his 3 children. C’mon now
Harry and Meghan deserve some of the flak they (even a LOT of it!).

However, Harry has DEFINITELY been thrown under the bus. This has always happened to the spare but this is far nastier. Things were OK when Harry knew his place as joker brother but we’re always going to turn sour when he brought a wife onto the scene. Kate had some negative press but the Meghan stuff (whatever we think of her) is really quite disturbing.

Harry is spoilt and didn’t handle it well but it must have been devastating to see stories constantly leaked about the woman he loves.

It’s all SO dysfunctional.

Harry can’t be compared with Princess Anne - she is Princess Royale, would have been offered more protection and is a different character anyway. Agree she could have mentored but they don’t seem to be that type of family.

The puff pieces on William approaching his 40th are🤢 Even the disastrous Caribbean tour not his fault in any way. He is a saint and Harry the weak devil! Even footage of William actually interacting with one of his children other than George trotted out! It’s all this constant PR spin that makes me sick of them.

As for the whole Early Years thing….

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I think the Queen needs a hip replacement but it was delayed after she got Covid and then it wouldn’t have fit in with the Platinum Jubilee.

After she had covid there was a clip of her meeting Justin Tradeaus who asked how she was and she pointed to her left leg and said ‘well it’s this leg you see’. The Queen mother had a hip replacement at a similar age. She was 97 at Diana’s funeral and using a walking stick.

I imagine she is in a lot of pain with it hence her being uncomfortable and looking pale. I think she’ll have the hip replacement and then we’ll see her again. I don’t think she’s done yet.

• Heart

BigMavis

VIP Member
The way she says heh and looks at the camera :ROFLMAO:
Wouldn't it be weird seeing yourself on money though?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
This Jubilee celebration does feel like it's been cut back on. I know the palace said not to over egg the Queen, but for 70 years on the throne, and this happening every ten years, they should have gone all out. Tonight there seemed like more American artists than British. Feel like it could have been way better.

• Sad
  • Heart

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I can believe PA to be desperately trying to get back into the game. I can also see the PR machine using him to make PC and W look better. Maybe it’s both. No matter what, I am happy we won’t see him.
Spot on. The “ Aren’t William and Charles great?” PR seems to have gone into overdrive lately - hence William’s completely spontaneous decision to pretend to sell the Big Issue ( 🙄 ) and Charles private comments about the Rwanda policy making it on to the front of all the tabloids.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I like Mike Tindall, he seems like a down to earth guy. Along with Zara, they may be the most normal out of all the members of the royal family.

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
I agree with this. I am neutral on the Queen, but respect her long reign. I absolutely despise all the rest of the RF (I did a jig when Philip died and I think my avatar picture is, hats off to her, Britain's most successful whore) I don't blame the Commonwealth for not wanting anything to do with the RF and I think a lot will change after the Queen dies.
I really liked PP! I don't think Catherine is a whore.

The commonwealth was set up in different times and has outlived its purpose.

• Heart

Great_Kate

VIP Member
  • Haha

JBinstafun

Chatty Member
I think the last few days will have highlighted to Harry what a mistake he’s made. His kids are growing up in a $14m prison- they clearly don’t go out to play dates/parks/shops etc as they would have been papped by now. So the ‘normal life’ he craved for them doesn’t really exist.

Meanwhile, the Cambridge kids demonstrated this week that they have a close relationship with their cousins and other family - there was a natural familiarity that can’t be faked by children. We know that W&C trade photos at key events for relative privacy the rest of the time- their life isn’t normal and never will be but at least they get to spend their pocket money at Smiggle.

Alistess

Chatty Member
I’ve always thought the Duchess of Kent was so elegant. Although she “only” married into royalty I thought she came across as so regal. My Dad had a bit of a soft spot for her too.
I‘m ancient so can remember when she suffered her miscarriage (as it was reported at the time) and her subsequent fragility. I also remember reading several reports that she was known as ‘mad Kate’ by certain members of the royal family. F.....g charmers.

• Sad
  • Wow

Lilu22

VIP Member
Who was the woman sat behind Prince William? She had a face like a smacked arse the entire night

• Haha
  • Heart

CuriousCat92

Chatty Member
The buildings

The historic Crown Estate buildings maintained by the Crown would still need to be maintained and refurbished by the State even in a republic
And they could be rented out or sold off to raise money for the general public. It really annoys me how many homes we provide for anyone in government/royal family whilst people are using food banks!

Peachsquish

VIP Member
Oh I think homeboy Tindall cares a LOT about his image and keeping in with the right royals. Harry is spoilt and misguided but he shows amazing empathy and charm at times. Tindall is just a rich boy putting on act. Don’t get the love for him!
Loving the empathy he showed whilst his grandfather was on his deathbed.

Great_Kate

VIP Member
What I find funny, is that Anne is basically the embodiment of the stiff upper lip. I think her type of people are great for the job but have problems translating well to others. Less in person but in the media circus.
Personally, I can deal with the stiffness and reserved behaviour much better than people telling me all about their every thought and emotion. That’s obviously subjective preference though.

inkypinkyponky

VIP Member
The royal family have no right to any moral standing anymore. A family just as toxic and messed up as most out there.
Multiple adulterers, connections to multiple pedalos and the sweeping under the carpet of the Andrew sexual accusations and legal proceedings/pay off, the queens cousins who were put into an instutition, everyone was told they were dead but they weren't and they were cut off from the family and buried in paupers graves when they did pass. And probably many more skeletons in the closet

• Heart