Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
A friend of Meghan's has posted photos!
Aww she is very cute. Looks a lot like her dad. One of my children has ginger hair just like Lilibet's. It's such a beautiful colour, it makes me so sad when people make negative comments about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

regularvoltaire

I mean, they're black and white striped cushions on a black lawn chair. That's as ubiquitous as it comes and it really doesn't say or prove much of anything. 🤷‍♀️

But all that aside, is it that the implication is that Lili's photos are staged because she's not real? How does that work? Is it that Meghan and Harry got everyone else to go along with their scheming rent-a-baby plan? To what end?
Of course the kids are real, think of the amount of people who would need to cover that up! people who don't like them would have got hold of it and let it out there! I think Harry is a spoilt brat and Meghan doesn't understand how it all works...but fake babies in the royal family? No way!

Merpedy

VIP Member
It seems that Members only get bad press if they've done something bad (Andrew) or if they've annoyed/don't have the support of the family (Diana and Meghan)

I know Kate has had her share of bad press when the two were dating, but it was hardly anything at the level of what Diana and Meg have faced

• Haha
  • Angry

lucrecia

She’s brilliant, I just love her! What an absolute legend.
I do feel this jubilee has been less of a massive celebration and more to honour her and give thanks, like a tribute and goodbye. Bless her, with all the will in the world she isn’t going to be around forever and 96 is a bloody good age! I wonder if there is a health issue they have kept private and whether she’s been determined to get through this event, and now might deteriorate. We’ll see I guess.

I can’t imagine too much of a celebration for Charles when it’s his coronation to be honest 😬
I think that will always hang over it. These countries have nothing in common apart from being former British colonies, and I'm not entirely sure what Commonwealth countries get out of being in it, although it must be something as they continue to pay to be in it. I suspect it ay continue but the Monarch won't be Head of it after HM dies. I doubt William will be Head of State of anywhere apart from the UK though.
I agree with this. I am neutral on the Queen, but respect her long reign. I absolutely despise all the rest of the RF (I did a jig when Philip died and I think my avatar picture is, hats off to her, Britain's most successful whore) I don't blame the Commonwealth for not wanting anything to do with the RF and I think a lot will change after the Queen dies.

• Wow
  • Angry

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
It is infuriating that people actually fall for this nonsense. Anyone who cannot see the obvious sycophancy is being deliberately obtuse.

Poor Will and Kate with their humble 4-bedroom home and no live-in staff who only want to be close to Granny. See guys? They're just like the rest of us. Of course we will obfuscate the fact that the humble home is a Grade II listed mansion on a royal estate and that there are very likely nearby buildings holding the entire retinue of cooks, maids and nannies. Granny is of course the Queen and the nearby private schools cost upwards of £40k+ per annum.

Let's also make no mention of the fact they have their 20-room, £12 million-renovated Kensington Palace apartment with THREE kitchens or the £4 million supposedly spent on renovating Anmer Hall including a brand new kitchen and relocating an entire tennis court a few feet.

The unearned luxury and privileges is one thing but to pretend that they can even fathom what the average person lives like is downright insulting. They are not humble, modest, self-sacrificing or frugal by any measure.
They are aided and abetted in this by the media who like to conveniently forget that this is their 3rd home in 10 years of marriage, all of which they still have and two of which were renovated at enormous cost to us not long ago. Once the public lose interest in Harry, Meghan and Andrew, they may well ' remember' that!

The unearned luxury and privileges is one thing but to pretend that they can even fathom what the average person lives like is downright insulting. They are not humble, modest, self-sacrificing or frugal by any measure
And The Queen eats cereal from plastic tupperware containers, frugal in the extreme, keeping her millions in offshore tax havens rather than spending it!

Popcorn&Peanuts

Anyone else think the gruesome twosome will hit the nuclear button sometime this week now the festivities are over?
I think the 'gruesome twosome' are going to go back to sunny California and enjoy their lives as a happy, wealthy family who don't have to answer to anyone in their lovely home with the 14 bathrooms.

Seriously though, as someone who contracted post-infectious IBS, the 14 bathrooms sounds like a dream and I see how it can inspire envy in others.

• Haha

BigMavis

VIP Member
The Queen with Paddington was the highlight for me that and the drones. I enjoyed Alicia Keys very much. @VioletButterfly thats just the way people from the UK go on, people who don't like the Royals don't watch them or bother to comment. Not all of us are total sycophants for them either but we tend to enjoy the pomp and history. It was merely piss taking at a rather mediocre lineup, personally I think they could have done better.
Don't let it put you off posting there are lots of reverent royal watchers here too and believe me when its required we all are respectful.

• Heart

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Bit random but does anyone know if Meghan has to pay for her own clothing now? I’ve noticed she’s wearing really high-end designers at every appearance recently (goes back to what I was saying about trying too hard) and obviously not “recycling” any of them. A bespoke Dior outfit for the thanksgiving service must cost easily $10 or $20k surely? I just don’t think their new lifestyle will be sustainable long-term, and I do wonder if their appearance this weekend is their attempt at trying to get back into the fold. Property taxes alone on the Montecito mansion will be upwards of $100,000. They’re getting all these big publishing and audio deals and don’t seem to do anything with them. Sooner or later businesses are going to wise up to it.
I would imagine that it’s either very heavily discounted … as we should all know by now one of life’s little quirks is that those who can well afford to pay full price very rarely do … or even hired.

I bet that Nanny Maria was on standby lol. Seriously though. Every single parent has been in situations where they'd really like their kid to behave perfectly, but instead what they've done is just act like a typical kid for their age. Most parents don't have millions of people watching them when that happens. If they look stressed by it, they are judged. If they had removed him, they would have been judged. If they had given him toys or snacks to help keep him quiet, they would have been judged. They smile, look happy, try not to show that they wish the situation wasn't happening, they are judged.
To be completely honest, if a 4 year old had sat through that without twitching or being bored I’d actually have been more amazed! Why would they care if Cliff Richard waved at them? Once Iggle Piggle‘s gone past so has any interest at all.

It’s crazy people are saying a 4 year old who was being made stay seated at a long parade was acting out ,ridiculous 🤣🤣

Any idea why Harry and Meghan didn’t stay for the parade ? I thought it was rude of them to leave and not support his granny
When the fact they were coming was announced, I’m certain it said they would only do the Trooping of the Colour and the St Paul’s service. I remember thinking at the time it seemed hardly worth it … but I supposed they were in a damned if they come, damned if they don’t situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14

Boring Monday

VIP Member
When are the Royals and their PR going to realise that the biggest selling point of them is the mystique. Take that away and they are just a load of entitled, warring, backbiting reality TV contestants with better jewels. If I want to hear someone call a relative by marriage names, I’ll go to my own cousin who has a great line in sweary rants and more than one target … at least I’ll get a drink out of it.

• Haha

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I still don’t know why it has to be either/or. Some stuff they’ve done is distasteful … but just because they’re the current tabloid whipping persons doesn’t mean that all the others (except for one, obvs) get a free pass and are all that is sunshine and light or that you want to post in a fan thread <shudder>.

i’m also more interested in the history and institution of the monarchy than its current incumbents on a personal level. Anyway,I’m versatile - I can poke fun at more than one at once.

carriebooboo

VIP Member
There was a really interesting Reddit post about millionaire vs serious money a few years ago. I would put H&M in the lowest rung:

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Don't think the tabloids ever really have a solid idea unless the RF says something themselves
I know … I just love the way rumour becomes speculation becomes fact by lunch time.
shortly they will have rugby tackled to the Queen to the ground and dragged her to the Chapel to be godmother and had a high tea with marmalade sandwiches.

• Haha

Spid

VIP Member
No way will Charlotte and Louis be spending their adulthood as full time working royals. Charlotte will become such a well liked person in society that it wouldn’t surprise me if she graduated top her class and went on to work in the field of science perhaps in a laboratory. Kate will want them to have as normal a life as possible. And as for Louis I would love to see him becoming the next David Attenborough saving the planet. He’s already got the charisma.
Lol how absolutely random

• Haha

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
Who knows. But it’s only news or bothers you if you make it.
Or maybe they will just go home and people will stop being obsessed with what they may or may not do. Whenever a few pages go by without them being mentioned people who purport to hate them have to bring them up again!

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
No. It was definitely Naomi. She'll be disembarking now in a right temper. Would. Not. Want. To. Be. There.
Fucking hell! That's hilarious 🤣, I'm going to have to watch the whole thing now

Phones are so big these days, prey for Naomi's assistants 😬

• Haha