Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dotty Merton

VIP Member
Louis was fantastic wasn't he, he's like the cute littler court jester making us all giggle, this pic really made me chortle, peace to you or maybe not for Boris 🤭 ✌

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 09.58.27.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 18

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
I really liked PP! I don't think Catherine is a whore.

The commonwealth was set up in different times and has outlived its purpose.
I dont particularly respect Catherine but whore is a bit much imo! She has turned herself into an empty vessel for the Royals and its irritating when people say she is a role model for girls, because they are basically saying women should be taught to shut up and do what their husband and his family tells them to do, have no opinions or character and not be troublesome. But that is mainly the fault of the sycophantic Royal Rota and the RF themselves.
The whole concept of the Commonwealth was to give the RF something to do once the Empire had ended, and now its just an anachronism.

• Sad
  • Heart

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
I’ll probably get hell for this but here goes….

Does anyone else thinks it’s all a bit too convenient bringing Louis into the limelight now with his dad’s sailor suit on standing directly next to the Queen with Kate the other day mimicking scenes from when his father was a boy? Then when he acts up he is conveniently shoved to the right hand side on today’s balcony scene out the way.
i just think the whole happy family unit also on the weekend his brother is back was a tad orchestrated and a twos up to Harry & and any other doubters .
I have no feelings either way when it comes to any of the family btw - just an observation.
At times yes images of happy family units are orchestrated, but do you really think that all of the images seen of the Cambridges across the weekend weren't genuine? I particularly love the images of Louis sitting on Grandpa Charles' knee. There was nothing forced at all about that. Louis was exactly where he wanted to be.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I don’t think we’re ready for what an effect it will have on this country when the queen dies
When I was watching the arrivals for the service of Thanksgiving and Charles and Camilla were coming in, one of the presenters said something along the lines of ‘here is the future of the monarchy’ and I did feel a tinge of sadness because the future of the monarchy, what will represent Britain, will be an old man and woman.
I get that the story everyone parrots is that monarchy is meant to be steadfast, they are meant to be reliable, etc. But we are replacing one of the most iconic women with a 73+year old man. It’s a massive downgrade. But I also feel that with William too. They don’t have the charm or the respect that The Queen can command. They are just boring blokes with thinning hair.
I’m not even a royalist, but the idea of losing the Queen and being stuck with those two is rather sad. It’s like when they knock down a marvellous, beautifully built building and replace with with some modern tat.

• Heart

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Why didn't she enroll at courses that offer education in mental health and child development? She would be even more relatable to thousands of women who juggle university, Phd and family life.
Im assuming this is a rhetorical question. 😉
Educating yourself about something requires work, commitment and dedication. It’s soo much easier to turn up in a designer frock, spout a couple of platitudes written by your PR team then fuck off back to the Palace. Especially when your own children are being looked after by nannies and the servants are cooking the tea. She should really stfu and stick to what she’s good at - if we ever find out what that actually is.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

SmeatonsStar

I do wonder if the Jubilee plans were kept slightly muted in case the Queen had passed away before we got to the celebrations? Leaving things that could be cancelled without any major dramas? It all feels like everyone is acutely conscious that a 96 year old could slip away at any time.

• Wow

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
I rewatched the Paddington sketch again and “happy jubilee ma’am and thank you for everything” set me off. It really is less of a celebration and more of a goodbye isn’t it.

• Sad

Multi-21

VIP Member
Ooh! Sounds like the Tindalls and Peter Phillips are furious at Meghan using pictures of their children without their permission. Sounds like the Tindalls at least may be going to sue.
Oh where did you red that?

I was coming to say I don’t know why William is dragging up his and Harry’s relationship again. It seemed from an outsider perspective, H&M did what was asked of them at the jubilee, showed up, kept their heads down and went home with minimum of fuss. I thought everyone would move on, if not get along, but now William’s friends are back slagging them off in the media. Why are the RF keeping talking about them?

Popcorn&Peanuts

Issue is to stamp out misogyny (if we can?!). Anne has done pretty well. Zara too.

Meghan not so great as she's built a career as being a sex kitten and being indulged. Catherine just wants a quiet life doing what she does, and being a mother and wife.
I'm sorry, but what? There's so much wrong with this statement.

We're talking about stamping out misogyny but then you call Meghan a 'sex kitten'? The very term is demeaning and anti-feminist and is a manifestation of internalised misogyny. And also, on what basis is she a sex kitten...a burger ad? According to wikipedia, "A sex kitten is a woman who exhibits a sexually provocative lifestyle or an abundant sexual aggression." Where is the evidence of that? Can the same be applied to Kate who was happy to model in her underwear at school and was known for mooning boys at Marlborough College?

Also, it's nice that Kate just wants to be a wife and mother but it sounds slighlty problematic as her husband is going to be the future Head of State so she needs to do a little more than that.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
What I find funny, is that Anne is basically the embodiment of the stiff upper lip. I think her type of people are great for the job but have problems translating well to others. Less in person but in the media circus.
Personally, I can deal with the stiffness and reserved behaviour much better than people telling me all about their every thought and emotion. That’s obviously subjective preference though.
I'm very much like Anne which is probably why I like her. She is her fathers daughter.

There are people in world who just thrive on drama. I can't deal with that and over dramatic people.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
In the Royals defence, if you had a family member with mental disabilities they were often sent away regardless of what class you were. On one side of my family they were working class and there was a child who became mentally disabled after they were deprived of oxygen during a routine operation. Lots of people were surprised that the family didn’t send the child far away and forgot about him as was the norm, instead they all looked after him until the parents were unable to and even then they still kept in regular contact. This was very rare behaviour, I was speaking to a family friend about this several years ago and they couldn’t understand why my family kept the boy because he wouldn’t be able to get married, hold down a job, look after the parents, etc. It was very much ‘what is the use?’ At first I was aghast but it was the common belief of the day. Anything like that was shameful. The way the British treated people with mental disabilities has been very cruel and even today you hear horror stories.

• Sad

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Really surprised Ed Sheeran and Adele weren’t on the line up. Or Ellie Goulding, Sam Smith, Dua Lipa, Little Mix, Kylie, The Rolling Stones, Shirley Bassey, Coldplay, Annie Lennox, Boy George etc.

Reactions: 16

Popcorn&Peanuts

le sigh.

Again and again women are being accused of stealing the show. Last year, Kate was blasted for staring at the camera from the car and having that iconic photo taken..now it's Meghan being roasted for showing up at the St Paul's cathedral , all smiling and in white.

Seriously what are royal women supposed to do? Always wear one drab green dress like Wives from the ''Handmaid's tale''? have you noticed how royal men are rarely criticized for the same thing?
Well, what do you expect them to say when there are brazen hussies going around smiling through open car windows? Someone has to take a stand if we're going to stem the moral decay.

But on a serious note, the overwhelmingly male royal reporters are archaic relics who spout the most misognystic bullshit. You just know poor Charlotte will be subjected to it eventually as well.

• Haha

Boring Monday

VIP Member
It's continuing today with the ' Wills and Kate are only moving into a 4 bedroom cottage which won't need to be refurbished' and sticking in a Meghan and Harry reference, conveniently forgetting the ££££millions already spent on their KP apartment and Anmer Hall, so 2 kitchens and a tennis court put in for a holiday home.
I loved this bit

One source told the Sun: 'Kate and William were very keen for a modest home to start their new lives in Windsor. Adelaide Cottage fits the bill because it is a four-bedroom home and they do not need any more as they have no live-in staff.

'They had no other demands than a pleasant family home close to schools and the Queen.

'They were adamant they didn't want anything too showy or anything that needed renovating or extra security so as not to be a burden on the taxpayer.
you can feel the sychophancy virtually pulsing off the page.

chickens, your whole lives are a ‘burden on the taxpayer’. You ain’t going to suddenly be People Like Us because you have a Georgian grade II listed ‘cottage‘ in Granny’s back garden, whether you get the Farrow and Ball paint chart out or not.

(and The Staff may not live in, but there are plenty of staff quarters close by. I’m assuming the desired school will be Eton rather than the local comp).

Last edited:
  • Heart

Alistess

Chatty Member
I’ve spent all afternoon and into this evening at a jubilee party, so I’m well liquored up but just watching the catch up programme on the beeb, I can’t help but feel sorry for George. He looks as though he has the weight of the world on his shoulders and he’s only eight. He’s got years ahead of him full of this shit stuff. Louis, as the youngest, with no great expectation placed on him, will have a far better quality of life. And it already shows.