Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fishwife

Chatty Member
Prince Charles also owns an estate in Hungary where he went to relax before the jubilee celebrations.

• Wow
Reactions: 1

BigMavis

VIP Member
They just showed a clip of her on the balcony from 3 days ago and the difference from today is striking.
Is it me imagining that?

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I was watching a documentary about the British Civil War and I know it's problematic and pointless in history to do the what ifs. But it was fascinating because pro royalists were using it as a yard stick.

They were saying that basically Britain will always have a Monarchy as they (the British people)didn't really like being a republic in the 17th century and the public at its core is royalist. Now I know that was hundreds of years ago but the pro royalty people were very sure of themselves.

When I was growing up in the 1980s I thought they were absolute rock solid as an institution. But now I am not so sure.
The one thing that always tickles me about The Commonwealth is the way that you go to all that trouble to get rid of the King and the divine right to rule … and then decide that the best way to run a Republic is to go down the male primogeniture route whether the ‘heir’ is suitable or not, which was a not insignificant part of its downfall.
Also, the fact that the Commonwealth does seem to have been a pretty joyless and dreary place. If you’re going to have male primogeniture you might at well at least be able to have May Day and Christmas.

Multi-21

VIP Member
I don’t know about this, it could just be a term of endearment in the right context. Seems like the papers just trying to make trouble

ButterTart

VIP Member
I don’t think they should invent a job for him, imagine the poor people who would have to work for him and his overblown sense of self importance. He would be a terrible boss, thinking he is all powerful and everyone should be bowing down to him. He has lost his HRH so shouldn’t be anymore important and anyone else working for the RF but will always think he is because he is the queens son and she is ready to indulge him.
I don't believe he was stripped of his title/HRH.

shragae

Would that mean that Charlotte and Louis would be 'pushed out' once George marries and has kids?
Sort of. After all Anne & Edward are still supporting. I could see Charlotte in a similar role to Anne under William. By the time George becomes King he would most likely have children of his own and they then might be pushed aside. Only time could tell... After all Harry would have had a role if he hadn't "megxited."

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
I’m sure a quick google search would tell me this. Do Kate’s friends and family call her Kate? Or was she dubbed Kate by the media because it was easier to sell Waitey Katey and to try make her seem more “normal” as Catherine can be seen by some as a posh name.

I’d crease if behind closed doors she was Cat or Cath.
William called her Kate during their engagement interview.

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
I'm sorry, but what? There's so much wrong with this statement.

We're talking about stamping out misogyny but then you call Meghan a 'sex kitten'? The very term is demeaning and anti-feminist and is a manifestation of internalised misogyny. And also, on what basis is she a sex kitten...a burger ad? According to wikipedia, "A sex kitten is a woman who exhibits a sexually provocative lifestyle or an abundant sexual aggression." Where is the evidence of that? Can the same be applied to Kate who was happy to model in her underwear at school and was known for mooning boys at Marlborough College?

Also, it's nice that Kate just wants to be a wife and mother but it sounds slighlty problematic as her husband is going to be the future Head of State so she needs to do a little more than that.
You're talking about one time at uni where she modelled clothes for her friend to raise money for charity?

I'm not saying anything is wrong with Meghan's career but she has earnt money through being sexualised. She was in suits. I'm not criticising her for that but this was hardly acting.

And suits ordered the cast to get involved with charity work to raise the show's profile, so...

She doesn't strike me as being a feminist or someone to aspire to. She came to England and wanted to marry a rich British man. Job done. Doesn't mean she is horrible on that basis.

Can you please tell me how you see her?

I think the close relationship with William was as much a PR construct as a lot of other stuff. It’s pretty well documented that they had spectacular fall outs and went months’ without speaking even before Meghan came on the scene.
What, like a lot of couples?

Timelyreminder

Other than the drug taking, being forced by his brother to dress up as a Nazi and the two occasions when he was caught out being a dirty racist. What other occasions were there where poor Harry considered himself sacrificed?
Sorry, completely off topic (and because I've not really posted before!)

I just had to say, I absolutely Love your username- I can well imagine Isa mopping up round Kensington Palace while lecturing Naveed about her 4th hand gossip about the Duke of Kent 🤩. I'm hearing your posts in her voice.

Spid

VIP Member
The Windsors age very badly. They all look good when they are young, but hit 30 and it all goes to pot! They had better hope they get Middleton genes, as Kates dad is still quite handsome!
James can look pretty rough, he looks much older than he is too

Eirawen

VIP Member
He was there front and centre with TQ on the balcony after Trooping of Colour.

View attachment 1331548
I didn't watch Trooping the colour so he showed his face then.

I thought they had separated?
There have been rumours that they are no longer together for a long time though I can't recall an official announcement. There was also rumours that he was violent towards her though they could be totally untrue.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
So lovely to see and be introduced to Sophie today. I said she had had a hard week which she agreed!! My husband was lucky enough to sit down with her to have tea and cake. Don’t have gossip as yet but will update!! And yes that’s the Titchmarsh with her.

No wonder Harry is annoyed about losing protection. She had 4 security detail including a very glamorous lady!!
I have a soft spot for Sophie. Also, from a fashion angle, I think she’s really come into her own in the past 10 years or so.

Apparently can be quite severeView attachment 1343537
Oh gosh, what a terrible thing to experience! And the lack of sympathy she got afterwards from certain areas.

I saw a documentary about her many years ago showing her helping in a soup kitchen in London
Do you happen to remember what the documentary was called?

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
Kate definitely lacks a certain air of professionalism. She might be enthusiastic about Early Years, but to say she is doing anything more than bringing public interest is crazy. I mean, supporting it is enough. She doesn’t need the professional background to support but if they want to write her up as knowledgeable than she should most definitely show more or do some university courses undercover to look serious and offer more than platitudes.

I don’t see how H&M are using the picture with the Tindall children? It’s not as if they publicised it? If they want to sue anyone it would be the tabloids printing it. I don’t think they could proof that H&M made the tabloids use it- and if you follow the money than so guess the tabloids paid for it.
There's a youtuber called Trevor Coult who reckons they've used the photos on their Archewell site. I've never looked at their site so don't know myself.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
That’s outdated from when the monarch used to ‘own’ any royal grandchildren. If they do split Meghan will get access or primary custody - it’s not guaranteed that Harry will automatically gain full custody.
Thanks for your input. I have You Tube on in the background whilst working at home and I have also heard that Megs is all about the money. Also that there are things you can't do with Royalty such as exploit them for money, so she wouldn't be able to merch the children.
So interesting to see what does happen if they split ,🤔