Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blueballs

I'm gutted I missed out on the jubilee merch. Some of it looks amazing on the queen's shop.
If she makes it two more years will there be another jubilee to celebrate the longest monarch ever??

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
They are keeping Anmer, KP Apt 1A, Adelaide, and they have a space in Scotland too. It is a giant waste of money. I get they are seen as saints and perfect people who can do no wrong comparatively to the Sussexes but they really should think about the optics here and how spoilt they are.

They booted out the previous tenant of Anmer because they wanted it and wanted it now - they did the same with HRP and Apt 1A.
I think people know the press are continually promoting a contrast. No-one is a saint.

Does anyone actually live at BP though?

Multi-21

VIP Member
Louis looked like he was in fancy dress for Trooping of the Colour. At that age I don’t think a tie would look good either but just a shirt would look nice.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
She championed the homeless way before Diana did and without publicity, she was not at the Jubilee.
I wonder why, she was at the Diamond one for a bit. Is there a reason why she stepped back from public life, was it because she converted and she wasn’t allowed to or did she not find joy in it anymore.

BigMavis

VIP Member
I wish drone company had a documentary to show all the process involved in that part, but I guess they won't do as it may give away trade stuff. Looks like one company has a monopoly on drone light shows.

My top 3 of the weekend was the drones, Kate Moss and Craig David :D

View attachment 1321940
Some lucky people must have seen the rehearsals.

TYL159

Chatty Member
It’s a tricky situation where if he did nothing people would still complain. I give to food banks and don’t want people going hungry, but I’m not going to stop shopping in M&S because the people I give to can’t afford it. Likewise I don’t see how opening palaces will help, even if that is an idea they’re considering, because it doesn’t get to the root of homelessness.

I think there are certainly other areas of the RF activism that are questionable, like the environment. If you have 2 engagements in one day and need a helicopter to make both of them, do better planning so you only do 1 that day and can get a train. If you have to get a helicopter home to make tea time with the kids, unfortunately miss teatime like most parents would.
Most Palaces and royal residences eg Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace and Windsor Castle other than Sandringham and Balmoral belong to the state effectively anyway to be used by the Head of State and family for official business only not the royal family personally.

Falkor

VIP Member
No, she was always Catherine to family and friends, the papers started calling her Kate because it was (a) shorter for headlines and (b) easier to rhyme for punning headlines.

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
I'm not entirely sure Harry would have chosen to have a continued role tbh, just based on what he has shared about being traumatised by Diana's death and growing up in that environment
Though if Charles is also scaling back the amount of public engagements, perhaps he would have hung around 🤷‍♀️
That's been going on for about 10 years though, Harry knew. Perhaps didn't pay attention or process it.

Eirawen

VIP Member
I am bit behind as I recorded it and started late but why are the likes of Holly Willoughby and Rylan on one of the buses? Whatever about musicians and sports stars on then but inane, talentess tv presenters? No thanks!
God knows 🙄

TYL159

Chatty Member
Of course I know that :D.
the Pope refused a divorce because the there had been a Papal dispensation annulling her marriage to Arthur to allow her to marry his brother, Henry … and as Henry wanted the divorce on the grounds that she had been married to his brother it a got a bit sticky all going on amist a whole host of religion upheaval and reformation going on across Europe (in fact Henry’s whole contention was that he hadn‘t committed adultery because they weren’t legally married in the first place, due to the whole widow of brother situation)

but anyway, that’s all irrelevant. What goes on in other countries is by the by and however profligate our PM is he isn’t going to inherit the title of Defender of the Faith and be the supreme ruler of the Church of England. With that, rightly or wrongly comes - to some people - a degree of responsibility and a requirement to stick to the ’rules’. Charles has barely got away with it by the skin of his teeth. A traditional family unit with traditional family values is needed to calm the horses.
The English monarch created the Church of England because he wanted a divorce and the Pope wouldn't allow it and as a middle ground church between Roman Catholicism and Protestant bible based evangelicals emerging in northern Europe. The monarch is just Supreme Governor in title only, they have no more influence over the Church of England than they do over the UK Government now, in reality the Archbishop of Canterbury is leader of the Church of England and first amongst equals of the Anglican communion globally not the Queen

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Yes … because having to have a termination that you didn’t want to have in the first place (hadn’t she had German Measles) l
I wonder how her son feels about the termination because I’ve read he’s very anti abortion but surely knowing what his mother went through he would be ok for it in some instances? I find it interesting that two of her grandchildren are Catholic but their parents and sister aren’t. I wonder if that is the influence of their grandmother.
Also why did she need a termination with German Measles, would it be fatal to the mother or cause the baby to not develop properly?