Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TYL159

Chatty Member
The thing is, if you are in it, you probably don't know any different. Kates family come from a background where they can see the privileges the RF have. How many people really gave a choice in what they do? Choices depend on opportunities. The Royals can choose what they want to do, because they can go to Cambridge despite mediocre A Level results like Charles, get some teacher to do their coursework for them like Harry, walk into dome plush job with 200 days holiday a year like Beatrice. That's quite attractive. I do think Charlite and Louis should not be working Royals and should be told so from now, because it is a toxic system to have them being effectively more and more useless as time goes on.
William got better A Level results than Charles and went to St Andrews. Though of course there has been significant grade inflation since. Beatrice did OK too, an A and 2 Bs and Eugenie got 2 As and a B

TYL159

Chatty Member
You can turn that on its head though. With a constitutional monarchy you can know exactly who you will get and be able to do nothing about it. Like Edward VIII, in some ways Mrs Wallis did this country a huge favour. What would have happened with him as king during the war could have been really bad. Real risk that things like appeasement might have been pushed for far longer and he would have been unstoppable.
He was removed by Parliament well before that point under the Abdication Act and in any case the monarch does not decide when to declare war the PM does. In France and the US for example it is the President who decides when to go to war

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
From the comments:

I think Lili was waiting for them on their doorstep in a box. She didn't come in time for the trip. When they got back, they set her up in a hurry and took the picture. It just looks too perfect to be real

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Beatrice has dyslexia and Eugenie of course had scoliosis which limits her activities with her rods in her back. I don’t recall anything about Beatrice but that would have been kept between the school and family until she chose to reveal it, and Eugenie's major operation was treated with sympathy (whoever you are, it would be terrifying for parents to have your child undergo such a long and delicate operation and be in intensive care). William of Gloucester had porphyria but I doubt that it was made public and he died at 30 in an air accident before any major effect on his life from the illness.
Wondered what you were on about re Lili but have now twigged. 🙄 Sounds like I should read more comments as there are some hilarious ones out there. 😁

Multi-21

VIP Member
I thought I saw both the Kent’s in the front row at St Paul’s, near the Gloucesters but I might be mistaken as it was only a quick glimpse

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
Perhaps Mike Tindall was making a joke about not being able to afford his children's lunches as an analogy about price increases.

But that does rile the general public, it's not funny to quite a few.

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
As I understand it, although the Duke of Lancaster is the Monarch … it’s a completely separate inheritance and administered by the Duchy Council and not the Crown Estates. I think the holder ’only’ gets the net income for the year (which I think The Queen started to pay tax on in the late 80’s/early 90’s even though it’s technically exempt). If the Queen abdicated, them the profits would go to the new Monarch, in the same way the Cornwall one would pass down.

if the Monarchy were to be abolished then technically it should pass to the next in line for succession of the Duke of Lancaster regardless - although our old friend Oliver Cromwell took possession, leaving Charles II temporarily Duchy-less, and flogged a lot of it off during his Protectorship.

Staff are the only ones to live in on a permanent basis, I think.
It's a bit weird isn't it. It's like a showhome.

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
Bit random but does anyone know if Meghan has to pay for her own clothing now? I’ve noticed she’s wearing really high-end designers at every appearance recently (goes back to what I was saying about trying too hard) and obviously not “recycling” any of them. A bespoke Dior outfit for the thanksgiving service must cost easily $10 or $20k surely? I just don’t think their new lifestyle will be sustainable long-term, and I do wonder if their appearance this weekend is their attempt at trying to get back into the fold. Property taxes alone on the Montecito mansion will be upwards of $100,000. They’re getting all these big publishing and audio deals and don’t seem to do anything cwith them. Sooner or later businesses are going to wise up to it.
No idea but I suspect paid for. They can't seem to buy cheaper clothes which actually fit.

What will happen now is they'll still get funded by RF money as they can't manage it on their own.

Great_Kate

VIP Member
There's a youtuber called Trevor Coult who reckons they've used the photos on their Archewell site. I've never looked at their site so don't know myself.
Trevor Coult seems to be pretty unhinged if you ask me. But most YT channels that have nothing better to provide than rants seem rather dodgy to me

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
I actually like the dress ha - again shes too slim for it though so she doesn't fill it out properly and the shoes and accessories are too matchy matchy for it - it was the same with the longer pink version she wore of it too which looked like a glittery bag on her.

Case in point Emma - looks fab in the same dress because it fits her and she mixed up the shoes with it.

View attachment 1364283
Wow its like a different dress!

TYL159

Chatty Member
It was a bit of a random muddle. There were a handful of decent performances, but just a bit random. If they want to strengthen the commonwealth, I think bringing over performers from there would have been ideal.
Jason Donovan is Australian nationality and performed. Craig David's father is from Grenada, a Commonwealth nation too.