The Royal Family #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And Charles' mother declined to attend his registry office do because it went against her religious beliefs
Hmm. I notice her “religious beliefs” didn’t prevent her paying off Virginia Giuffre. Funny that isn’t it? 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 17
traditional family unit with traditional family values is needed to calm the horses
Or the perception of it. I don't know if William has cheated or not, but he is not afraid of threatening the press and taking out injunctions, so we will never know, unless another implosion happens on the scale of Charles and Diana, which I doubt, Aristos have affairs with aristos who are not prone to running to the Press with kiss and tell stories. I'm not sure why it is so unbelievable that he would have cheated. The Monarchy and the aristocracy are hardly known tor their fidelity . He comes from a long line of shaggers on both his fathers and mother's side.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Of course I know that :D.
the Pope refused a divorce because the there had been a Papal dispensation annulling her marriage to Arthur to allow her to marry his brother, Henry … and as Henry wanted the divorce on the grounds that she had been married to his brother it a got a bit sticky all going on amist a whole host of religion upheaval and reformation going on across Europe (in fact Henry’s whole contention was that he hadn‘t committed adultery because they weren’t legally married in the first place, due to the whole widow of brother situation)

but anyway, that’s all irrelevant. What goes on in other countries is by the by and however profligate our PM is he isn’t going to inherit the title of Defender of the Faith and be the supreme ruler of the Church of England. With that, rightly or wrongly comes - to some people - a degree of responsibility and a requirement to stick to the ’rules’. Charles has barely got away with it by the skin of his teeth. A traditional family unit with traditional family values is needed to calm the horses.
The English monarch created the Church of England because he wanted a divorce and the Pope wouldn't allow it and as a middle ground church between Roman Catholicism and Protestant bible based evangelicals emerging in northern Europe. The monarch is just Supreme Governor in title only, they have no more influence over the Church of England than they do over the UK Government now, in reality the Archbishop of Canterbury is leader of the Church of England and first amongst equals of the Anglican communion globally not the Queen

I couldn’t care less about cheating. So many people cheat. Sadly it’s pretty common really. Just look at the statistics. Royals or aristocrats don’t cheat more (or less) than the rest. If you can keep it a secret or find a way to arrange yourself with it, get a divorce or get your own affair- whatever. It’s nobody’s business but the people involved. And I highly doubt the idea of having a mistress is any more acceptable in those circles than they are with us nowadays.

And while I have absolutely nothing against religion it’s another sad fact, that high positions in a church or being form in your religion don’t keep people from being morally corrupt or downright criminal. Most churches/religious affiliations have a shocking number of abusers in high positions. So HMTQ paying for Andrew fits right in. I am not saying it’s right though. Just that they are not worse (or better) than the rest in that regard. You could look at it that way- they are a concentrated mix of the best and the worst that society has to offer. At least if you take all the headlines for the truth. I think they are neither as great nor as bad as they get talked about.

Reactions: 5
I couldn’t care less about cheating. So many people cheat. Sadly it’s pretty common really. Just look at the statistics. Royals or aristocrats don’t cheat more (or less) than the rest. If you can keep it a secret or find a way to arrange yourself with it, get a divorce or get your own affair- whatever. It’s nobody’s business but the people involved. And I highly doubt the idea of having a mistress is any more acceptable in those circles than they are with us nowadays.

And while I have absolutely nothing against religion it’s another sad fact, that high positions in a church or being form in your religion don’t keep people from being morally corrupt or downright criminal. Most churches/religious affiliations have a shocking number of abusers in high positions. So HMTQ paying for Andrew fits right in. I am not saying it’s right though. Just that they are not worse (or better) than the rest in that regard. You could look at it that way- they are a concentrated mix of the best and the worst that society has to offer. At least if you take all the headlines for the truth. I think they are neither as great nor as bad as they get talked about.
They have a lot of influence, a lot of money, a lot of opportunity and a lot of time on their hands, which makes it easier, but I agree overall. Adultery is sadly fairly commonplace. Although the divorce rate in the UK has historically been around 40%, but among the Queens children its 75%, and that is without the money worries that other couples have.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
It’s a shame there doesn’t appear to be any 40th birthday pictures for Williams birthday. I was hoping for some full state/tiaras pictures like Fredriks 50th, especially after no tiara picture for Kates 40th.

Reactions: 1
William is a normal everyman, see, he can't do decent photos for his 40th! He's just like us... so no photos commemorating a milestone birthday but they will take another house, thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What I find funny, is that Anne is basically the embodiment of the stiff upper lip. I think her type of people are great for the job but have problems translating well to others. Less in person but in the media circus.
Personally, I can deal with the stiffness and reserved behaviour much better than people telling me all about their every thought and emotion. That’s obviously subjective preference though.
She's also incredibly caring without being dramatic.

A national memorial is sited at a place where I used to work; I was still working there when she came to open it. She was late from her previous engagement and the police were relaxed about it - "oh, she won't leave until she's spoken to everyone, regardless of the time; her engagements are always slipping in time". After the formalities were over, she ignored the refreshments and the VIPs and made sure to speak to every single bereaved family, listening carefully to them and sympathising without being saccharine.

The Navy bloody love her. Unlike her aunt, she doesn't stand on ceremony. She is very like her father and she was given security by being his favourite.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It’s a shame there doesn’t appear to be any 40th birthday pictures for Williams birthday. I was hoping for some full state/tiaras pictures like Fredriks 50th, especially after no tiara picture for Kates 40th.
There are photos of him in his selling the Big Issue outfit. His PR team have gone into overdrive. He is just like us NOT!!

Reactions: 9
There are photos of him in his selling the Big Issue outfit. His PR team have gone into overdrive. He is just like us NOT!!
It’s ridiculous that people can’t see the irony in a Prince pretending to be down with ‘ordinary’ people by selling the Big Issue then buggering off home to a bloody palace, whilst waffling about how much he cares about homelessness. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It’s ridiculous that people can’t see the irony in a Prince pretending to be down with ‘ordinary’ people by selling the Big Issue then buggering off home to a bloody palace, whilst waffling about how much he cares about homelessness. 🙄
It’s difficult isn’t it … no matter how much they want to do things, there will always be restrictions.

As my friend said about the ‘sleeping rough’ stint … one night in a street in a new sleeping bag chatting with your mate? That’s not sleeping rough. That’s waiting for the sale to start.

Reactions: 7
He is supposed to be the future King, there is no contradiction between the 2. Big Issue got more publicity from this than any other PR they have had for years

Reactions: 11
Literally driving along Notting hill gate to get to KP where homeless people sleep in doorways with their sleeping bags.
Lives in a palace with empty rooms.

Reactions: 6
Another poster on here says she volunteers at a shelter and William often volunteers there too and there is zero publicity. She said the supervisor treats him no differently to the other volunteers and he has to muck in cleaning up the mess just as the others do. There is no preferential treatment.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It’s a tricky situation where if he did nothing people would still complain. I give to food banks and don’t want people going hungry, but I’m not going to stop shopping in M&S because the people I give to can’t afford it. Likewise I don’t see how opening palaces will help, even if that is an idea they’re considering, because it doesn’t get to the root of homelessness.

I think there are certainly other areas of the RF activism that are questionable, like the environment. If you have 2 engagements in one day and need a helicopter to make both of them, do better planning so you only do 1 that day and can get a train. If you have to get a helicopter home to make tea time with the kids, unfortunately miss teatime like most parents would.

Reactions: 10
It’s a tricky situation where if he did nothing people would still complain. I give to food banks and don’t want people going hungry, but I’m not going to stop shopping in M&S because the people I give to can’t afford it. Likewise I don’t see how opening palaces will help, even if that is an idea they’re considering, because it doesn’t get to the root of homelessness.

I think there are certainly other areas of the RF activism that are questionable, like the environment. If you have 2 engagements in one day and need a helicopter to make both of them, do better planning so you only do 1 that day and can get a train. If you have to get a helicopter home to make tea time with the kids, unfortunately miss teatime like most parents would.
Most Palaces and royal residences eg Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace and Windsor Castle other than Sandringham and Balmoral belong to the state effectively anyway to be used by the Head of State and family for official business only not the royal family personally.

Most Palaces and royal residences eg Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace and Windsor Castle other than Sandringham and Balmoral belong to the state effectively anyway to be used by the Head of State and family for official business only not the royal family personally.
They don’t belong to the state, they belong to the crown estates. If they belonged to the state they would belong and be used by the British government.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.