The Royal Family #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh! Sounds like the Tindalls and Peter Phillips are furious at Meghan using pictures of their children without their permission. Sounds like the Tindalls at least may be going to sue.
Oh where did you red that?

I was coming to say I don’t know why William is dragging up his and Harry’s relationship again. It seemed from an outsider perspective, H&M did what was asked of them at the jubilee, showed up, kept their heads down and went home with minimum of fuss. I thought everyone would move on, if not get along, but now William’s friends are back slagging them off in the media. Why are the RF keeping talking about them?

Reactions: 17
Kate definitely lacks a certain air of professionalism. She might be enthusiastic about Early Years, but to say she is doing anything more than bringing public interest is crazy. I mean, supporting it is enough. She doesn’t need the professional background to support but if they want to write her up as knowledgeable than she should most definitely show more or do some university courses undercover to look serious and offer more than platitudes.

I don’t see how H&M are using the picture with the Tindall children? It’s not as if they publicised it? If they want to sue anyone it would be the tabloids printing it. I don’t think they could proof that H&M made the tabloids use it- and if you follow the money than so guess the tabloids paid for it.

Reactions: 14
Ooh! Sounds like the Tindalls and Peter Phillips are furious at Meghan using pictures of their children without their permission. Sounds like the Tindalls at least may be going to sue.
I don't see how there's a legal basis to sue Meghan for those photos. She didn't take them or print them.

Reactions: 9

I was coming to say I don’t know why William is dragging up his and Harry’s relationship again. It seemed from an outsider perspective, H&M did what was asked of them at the jubilee, showed up, kept their heads down and went home with minimum of fuss. I thought everyone would move on, if not get along, but now William’s friends are back slagging them off in the media. Why are the RF keeping talking about them?
There’s no point complaining about them always being in the press, when you are the one stirring the pot.

isn’t this just what we were saying about friends/sources/people close to briefing against each other … you know that nothing will have been said without tacit permission.

Dont want them in the press … don’t talk to the press about them. It’s not hard.

Reactions: 5

To be fair I think losing your relationship with your brother would be something you wouldn’t just forget. It’s a loss that would affect you quite deeply, whatever the relationship you’d had in the first place. I know I’ve been through the loss of a close friendship and my husband is probably sick of hearing about it, esp when I know I’m going to be in the same place as the person. Not that it needs to be in the media, but I’m sure it’s something William thinks/talks about a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
To be fair I think losing your relationship with your brother would be something you wouldn’t just forget. It’s a loss that would affect you quite deeply, whatever the relationship you’d had in the first place. I know I’ve been through the loss of a close friendship and my husband is probably sick of hearing about it, esp when I know I’m going to be in the same place as the person. Not that it needs to be in the media, but I’m sure it’s something William thinks/talks about a lot.
I’m sure it is … it’s bound to, they would be human otherwise… and on a human level it is actually really sad, but there really is nothing to be gained by poking the embers every time it’s died down.

There was actually a line in the article that I think sums up a lot of Harry’s apparent resentment …

One confidant, who has known the prince for many years, says the second-in-line to the throne hasn't always been as dull and dutiful as some would think.

'Let's just say that, like his younger brother, William enjoyed himself immensely in his teens and 20s. Unlike Harry, though, he was never caught!' they laugh.
Was it just that he was never caught or more that The Spare was offered up to the press as part of their replacement duties instead?

Of course but it opens up retaliatory remarks from H&M supporters because William’s have said something and it ends up being a never ending cycle.

Reactions: 2
Of course but it opens up retaliatory remarks from H&M supporters because William’s have said something and it ends up being a never ending cycle.
Oh I know, it shouldn’t be in the media. And I guess it comes from them, through these “friends” that the papers quote. But I guess one brother doesn’t want the other to have the last word. And it must be hard for William - he could never do an interview like that Oprah one and tell his side of the story! It sells papers and gets clicks on websites I guess because we’re all nosey so it’ll go on and on forever!

Reactions: 1
If it is William giving his friends the nod to talk to the papers then I agree it would be better if he didn't. But the sources could be anyone - there's nothing surprising in there or nothing we couldn't have guessed already. William goes between sadness and anger over the way things have gone with his brother - anyone could work that out. The problem for William is that his relationship with Harry has become the most newsworthy thing about him so there papers are always going to write about it. People are always going to be more interested in the royals relationships than in their charity work or anything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
If it is William giving his friends the nod to talk to the papers then I agree it would be better if he didn't. But the sources could be anyone - there's nothing surprising in there or nothing we couldn't have guessed already. William goes between sadness and anger over the way things have gone with his brother - anyone could work that out. The problem for William is that his relationship with Harry has become the most newsworthy thing about him so there papers are always going to write about it. People are always going to be more interested in the royals relationships than in their charity work or anything else.
When the people giving the quotes are named, I always assume it’s done with prior approval. If there’s one thing we’ve learnt over the years it’s put so much as a toe out of line or a quote out of place, and the demotion from inner to out circle is swift and brutal.

These things always fascinate me because it highlights just how competitive they are with each other. I bet Christmas Day board games at Sandringham are absolute carnage. My friend always says there is a wall planner in each of their offices with a running total of how many cuddly toys/bouquets/random local items they come back from a trip with. One person comes back with an extra Cuddly Nessie and the wax doll and pins come out.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When the people giving the quotes are named, I always assume it’s done with prior approval. If there’s one thing we’ve learnt over the years it’s put so much as a toe out of line or a quote out of place, and the demotion from inner to out circle is swift and brutal.

These things always fascinate me because it highlights just how competitive they are with each other. I bet Christmas Day board games at Sandringham are absolute carnage. My friend always says there is a wall planner in each of their offices with a running total of how many cuddly toys/bouquets/random local items they come back from a trip with. One person comes back with an extra Cuddly Nessie and the wax doll and pins come out.
i think it depends. I think a named source can still be not approved when they just rehearse what is already out there. Heck I could probably come up with the same stuff about him and be named. The question is who is named- actual friends he his seen with or ex-employees? And someone like an ex senior employee (e.g. PA) or an ex-security officer or hair dresser. Another question is - do the anonymous sources bring anything that sounds plausible and wasn’t known before?
I think the pure fact the series appears in the Daily Fail says all about it.

Reactions: 3
Kate definitely lacks a certain air of professionalism. She might be enthusiastic about Early Years, but to say she is doing anything more than bringing public interest is crazy. I mean, supporting it is enough. She doesn’t need the professional background to support but if they want to write her up as knowledgeable than she should most definitely show more or do some university courses undercover to look serious and offer more than platitudes.

I don’t see how H&M are using the picture with the Tindall children? It’s not as if they publicised it? If they want to sue anyone it would be the tabloids printing it. I don’t think they could proof that H&M made the tabloids use it- and if you follow the money than so guess the tabloids paid for it.
There's a youtuber called Trevor Coult who reckons they've used the photos on their Archewell site. I've never looked at their site so don't know myself.

There's a youtuber called Trevor Coult who reckons they've used the photos on their Archewell site. I've never looked at their site so don't know myself.
The photos are a matter of public record. If you are suing one publication for publushing them, you have to sue all of them. And you would have to sue newspapers for publishing photos they themselves allowed tacitly as they were at the Jubilee. Sounds like the usual publicity seekers and conspiracy theorists making something up.

Also, the longer Harry and Meghan are the baddies, the more Willliam and Kate are the saints. It suits him to keep the pressure up. They can get away with rubbish like moving to their 3rd house and not having any renovations ' unlike Meghan' from the press. He knows that once they slink away, it's open season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
People are always going to be more interested in the royals relationships than in their charity work or anything else
This is such an interesting point because the public really hardly seems to hear about the Royal charity work, or maybe they just don't do that much of it

Anyway, I think the RF is in a bit of a weird position with this. People know that they're stupidly privileged and focusing primarily on their charity work, especially with people or a sector which could benefit from some financial aid, would just stir that conversation. The only interesting thing about them is, imo, family drama and their secret lives - bit like the Kardashians, only they don't have their own show

Trevor Coult seems to be pretty unhinged if you ask me. But most YT channels that have nothing better to provide than rants seem rather dodgy to me

This is such an interesting point because the public really hardly seems to hear about the Royal charity work, or maybe they just don't do that much of it

Anyway, I think the RF is in a bit of a weird position with this. People know that they're stupidly privileged and focusing primarily on their charity work, especially with people or a sector which could benefit from some financial aid, would just stir that conversation. The only interesting thing about them is, imo, family drama and their secret lives - bit like the Kardashians, only they don't have their own show
I have struggled with this for some time.
Particularly in relation to Duchess of Cambridge’s work in relation to early years. Most of the children’s centres near us closed during austerity and health visitor services seem to be pretty much non-existent. I know it’s not as simple as if the cambridges had less homes then maybe ordinary people could have a children’s centre nearby but it’s hard not to go down the route of thinking. In the same way, I was really annoyed when she went shadowing midwifes in an nhs hospital. I am sure the intentions were good but, having seen the facilities where she gave birth, it did scream to me of peering into the lives of the plebs. All a bit Marie-Antoinette playing at shepherdesses to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Trevor Coult seems to be pretty unhinged if you ask me. But most YT channels that have nothing better to provide than rants seem rather dodgy to me
It seems to me that a YT channel gives a spurious credibility to folk that in days gone by you’d have been side eyeing and giving a wide berth in the town centre in a ‘don’t make eye contact, just smile and nod’ kind of way.

• Haha
Was it just that he was never caught or more that The Spare was offered up to the press as part of their replacement duties instead?
William partied as hard as Harry did but only Harry for flak for it. At the party where Harry wore the Nazi uniform, William okayed it and went with him but Harry bore the brunt (quite rightly, but if William was ok with it questions should have been raised at him).
I remember years ago there was rumours that William had been caught on CCTV cavorting on the stairway of a club but nothing ever came from it. I remember reading it in newspaper when I was younger and not really grasping what it meant until a few years back someone asked me if I knew about the story of William and the CCTV on the stairs and I was like ‘hurrah! I didn’t just randomly dream this up!’
Can’t find anything of this on the internet, was pre 2005 so easily wiped.

the party where Harry wore the Nazi uniform, William okayed it and went with him but Harry bore the brunt (quite rightly, but if William was ok with it questions should have been raised at him).
The story I heard was that Wiliam encouraged Harry to wear it and they were at the party together. I mean, Harry should have used his brain cell and said no ( in the same way that William should have said no to the Colonial Cosplay 20 years later) but he's clearly easily led and the family as a whole queen hardly know for their self-awareness or intelligence.

I have struggled with this for some time.
Particularly in relation to Duchess of Cambridge’s work in relation to early years. Most of the children’s centres near us closed during austerity and health visitor services seem to be pretty much non-existent. I know it’s not as simple as if the cambridges had less homes then maybe ordinary people could have a children’s centre nearby but it’s hard not to go down the route of thinking. In the same way, I was really annoyed when she went shadowing midwifes in an nhs hospital. I am sure the intentions were good but, having seen the facilities where she gave birth, it did scream to me of peering into the lives of the plebs. All a bit Marie-Antoinette playing at shepherdesses to me.
Yes without talking about funding of services for families it's all a bit pointless for someone with no experience of bringing up children while having to pay the bills to utter inane soundbites about the importance of early years and pretend to be an ' early years expert'. Not to mention that the existence of Surestart Centres and free hours of early years provision means that what prople are pretending is her ' groundbreaking' research was already done 20-30 years before. The provision was decimated by the government who probably sat there smiling and nodding and using her as a photo opportunity while having no intention of doing anything about it. It all seems like using very serious issues to make Kate look like she has a job outside of smiling and waving. Most of the older Royals don't pretend to be experts but still manage to look as if they are what they are- privileged people using their position to bring publicity to a cause- Camilla with women's refuges and osteoporosis ( which she does have experience of) and Princess Anne with Save the Children. It does seem that the Cambridges feel they should be pretending to be something they just aren't, even though everyone knows who they are. It may be an issue of the people they hire to do their PR. It makes them look hypocritical, amateurish and insincere.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
IIRC Harry in the Nazi uniform was the sacrificial lamb that night as Williams choice that night was far far worse.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.