The Royal Family #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As I understand it, although the Duke of Lancaster is the Monarch … it’s a completely separate inheritance and administered by the Duchy Council and not the Crown Estates. I think the holder ’only’ gets the net income for the year (which I think The Queen started to pay tax on in the late 80’s/early 90’s even though it’s technically exempt). If the Queen abdicated, them the profits would go to the new Monarch, in the same way the Cornwall one would pass down.

if the Monarchy were to be abolished then technically it should pass to the next in line for succession of the Duke of Lancaster regardless - although our old friend Oliver Cromwell took possession, leaving Charles II temporarily Duchy-less, and flogged a lot of it off during his Protectorship.

Staff are the only ones to live in on a permanent basis, I think.
It's a bit weird isn't it. It's like a showhome.

When are the Royals and their PR going to realise that the biggest selling point of them is the mystique. Take that away and they are just a load of entitled, warring, backbiting reality TV contestants with better jewels. If I want to hear someone call a relative by marriage names, I’ll go to my own cousin who has a great line in sweary rants and more than one target … at least I’ll get a drink out of it.
Yes quite. Mike Tindall is really bigging up his part as 'The People's Prince' isn't he? If he's not cashing in on his Royal connections, then I don't know who is! He'd better not do the dirty on Zara ( or hope Zara doesn't bin him)or he'll be out in the cold with the rest of them.

Reactions: 14
I don’t know about this, it could just be a term of endearment in the right context. Seems like the papers just trying to make trouble
Especially in rugby lads banter. Wasn't Harry responsible for Zara getting with Mike too?

Reactions: 4
Prince Charles also owns an estate in Hungary where he went to relax before the jubilee celebrations.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Yes quite. Mike Tindall is really bigging up his part as 'The People's Prince' isn't he? If he's not cashing in on his Royal connections, then I don't know who is! He'd better not do the dirty on Zara ( or hope Zara doesn't bin him)or he'll be out in the cold with the rest of them.
I’m pretty sure that particular ship has already sailed. (Allegedly)
It’s a bit rich for drunken alleged cheat and dwarf tosser Tindall to be calling anyone else a bellend, even if it is Harry. Pot meet kettle.
Any mention of Tindall’s thought about Zara’s noncey Uncle? No, thought not. 🙄

Reactions: 13
I’m pretty sure that particular ship has already sailed. (Allegedly)
It’s a bit rich for drunken alleged cheat and dwarf tosser Tindall to be calling anyone else a bellend, even if it is Harry. Pot meet kettle.
Any mention of Tindall’s thought about Zara’s noncey Uncle? No, thought not. 🙄
He knows who's house he lives in and who's paying his kids school fees if he runs out of cash, doesn't he?

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Soooo...it's perfectly ok for a royal to dabble in politics and get cozy with Tory politicians. If Kate raised the questions of cutting welfare programms and rasing cost of living , would she get praises by the media or would they throw her to the lions?

Reactions: 12

Soooo...it's perfectly ok for a royal to dabble in politics and get cozy with Tory politicians. If Kate raised the questions of cutting welfare programms and rasing cost of living , would she get praises by the media or would they throw her to the lions?
I wonder how much she said about the closure of SureStart Centres and slashing of early years funding?

Reactions: 12

This seems pretty funny if true, Harry seems the kinda guy who would be raging reading this and Mike’s the type to not care

I know it became a Megxit thing to say, but Harry really does look bloody miserable in those photos
Oh I think homeboy Tindall cares a LOT about his image and keeping in with the right royals. Harry is spoilt and misguided but he shows amazing empathy and charm at times. Tindall is just a rich boy putting on act. Don’t get the love for him!

• Wow
  • Haha
Oh I think homeboy Tindall cares a LOT about his image and keeping in with the right royals. Harry is spoilt and misguided but he shows amazing empathy and charm at times. Tindall is just a rich boy putting on act. Don’t get the love for him!
It’s probably as much to do with slagging off a soft target … or saying what people want to hear. Make the same comment about someone with a higher popularity index and the reaction would be very different.

Currently Wobblegob Mike, went to private school, married granddaughter of Queen, lives on Mother-in-law estate, fined and suspened from England team for misconduct, 2 drink driving offences/bans, brand ambassador for online bookmakers, claimed furlough for company, concerned about affording private school fees, is riding a wave of popularity as “relatable and down to earth”. Which shows what good PR can do.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Charles and Camilla have four for the two of them, five if you count her own property of Ray Mill House, bought after her divorce and where she spends time with her children and grandchildren. There's Clarence House, Birkhall, Highgrove, and Llwynywermod in Llandovery. All except Clarence House are privately owned, Birkhall being on the Balmoral Estate and Llwynywermod is owned by the Duchy of Cornwall, though as a three-bedroom former coach house and farmhouse it's not a grand mansion and one could argue that the Prince of Wales should have a Welsh residence!
I know but he makes me laugh as its so pathetic and funny at the same time.

I think Harry would have been an asset to them as his empathy is genuine he doesn't just pull a sad face and forget about it I think he can feel other people's pain. As for Tindall, he is one of the public school rugby lads who loves to booze and misbehave and is probably quite an arrogant pric*.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Loving the empathy he showed whilst his grandfather was on his deathbed.

As someone pointed out Harry is misguided and I think quite easily led, but he does have a lot of empathy in his character that's not to say that naturally empathetic people don't get mad at family members whether for a real or perceived reason.

Reactions: 11
Let’s not forget Zara flying to australia to “sort him out” after some unfortunate tabloid photos….
Is that when it was alleged that he had been canoodling with a blonde woman that wasn't Zara?

Reactions: 3
Quite!
He allegedly adores his grandmother yet he was so empathetic to her that he trashed the family on TV whilst her husband of 70+ years was dying. If that’s “empathy” then I’ll pass thanks.

Reactions: 19
Someone mentioned how Catherine is a player on the world stage. Excuse me, is she negotiating peace between Russia and Ukraine? If wearing nice dresses and blazers and uttering platitudes is all it takes to be a leader, than frankly...:unsure::rolleyes:

Why didn't she enroll at courses that offer education in mental health and child development? She would be even more relatable to thousands of women who juggle university, Phd and family life.

• Haha
Why didn't she enroll at courses that offer education in mental health and child development? She would be even more relatable to thousands of women who juggle university, Phd and family life.
Im assuming this is a rhetorical question. 😉
Educating yourself about something requires work, commitment and dedication. It’s soo much easier to turn up in a designer frock, spout a couple of platitudes written by your PR team then duck off back to the Palace. Especially when your own children are being looked after by nannies and the servants are cooking the tea. She should really stfu and stick to what she’s good at - if we ever find out what that actually is.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Im assuming this is a rhetorical question. 😉
Educating yourself about something requires work, commitment and dedication. It’s soo much easier to turn up in a designer frock, spout a couple of platitudes written by your PR team then duck off back to the Palace. Especially when your own children are being looked after by nannies and the servants are cooking the tea. She should really stfu and stick to what she’s good at - if we ever find out what that actually is.
She is good at sport. She could have stuck to something she's good at and enjoys instead of blindly doing something she's been told to do. If she promoted girls sports or sport in schools etc, she would be far more credible than turning up with a pie chart that says ' Most people are aware of the importance of early years.

Ooh! Sounds like the Tindalls and Peter Phillips are furious at Meghan using pictures of their children without their permission. Sounds like the Tindalls at least may be going to sue.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.