Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Im not entirely sure what a traditional family with traditional family values actually is. But looking at the current royal family, which has gone through adultery, divorce, allegations of racism, a member of the family accused of having sexual relations with a trafficked woman, the head of the family paying off the trafficked woman, this family seem to be the very antithesis of morality and “family values”.
Oh, absolutely.
So a nice, steady traditional family with no whisper of scandal are just the ticket for a steady hand on the tiller;)

Reactions: 2

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I’m sure they probably have some of the money they already got invested somewhere to make them profit. Any of their work alongside that is probably just a nice bonus

As some others have said, the problem is that they don’t have a real concept of the meaning of money, so maybe the bills look a bit scary. Doesn’t mean they can’t afford their lifestyle though
He probably doesn't have any concept of it, but Meghan has enough real world experience, surely.

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
It's a bit of a nasty ' joke'. As if he's mocking people who genuinely can't afford lunches for their kids. I don't know his background but you don't need to be poor to know that there are people who will not find it funny that the husband of the Queens granddaughter is moaning about the cost of living! I don't know what it is with the younger Royals. They seem to lack the empathy of The Queen, Charles Camilla and Anne. They seem to want to pretend to be ' just like you' when everyone knows they are not. It's condescending.
Yes. I think part of the Queen's success is that she has never pretended to be just like the people.

thegreencow

VIP Member
I’m sure a quick google search would tell me this. Do Kate’s friends and family call her Kate? Or was she dubbed Kate by the media because it was easier to sell Waitey Katey and to try make her seem more “normal” as Catherine can be seen by some as a posh name.

I’d crease if behind closed doors she was Cat or Cath.
William called her Kate in the engagement interview for ITV News back in 2010 but now he just calls her Catherine.

BigMavis

VIP Member
Did everyone know this about Edward? I'm quite shocked, I felt a little sorry for him.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I can believe PA to be desperately trying to get back into the game. I can also see the PR machine using him to make PC and W look better. Maybe it’s both. No matter what, I am happy we won’t see him.
It does seem like they always have to have one member of the family to spin and PR against. I mean, some do make it easier but even so, they better watch out. They’re running out of easy marks.

Em_gardener

VIP Member
Because people would say that she only got those roles because of her connection to Harry and his connection to the RF. Considering she has a few, maybe only one, “famous” and successful roles, her suddenly appearing back in the business wouldn’t look natural

Acting isn’t exactly excusable by her possibly revealing more secrets about the RF or her personal life either
People are already saying they only got the deals they got and the TV appearances they got because of their connection to the RF. Why would she care if people said it about her getting an acting job too? Are you saying that because they can reveal family gossip on Netflix/Spotify it's more acceptable to use connections to get those deals than it is to use connections to get an acting job? As if Meghan is not considering a return to acting because she's worried people will say she only got a role because of her profile!

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member

Was watching You Tube whilst having breakfast and this popped up - at the end they were concerned about Charles hands and I thought wow wonder what condition is causing that? Is it his heart?
Next thing I watched was about eyebrows. Who knew you needed eyebrow scissors and an eyebrow razor! 😁

• Haha

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
The one thing that always tickles me about The Commonwealth is the way that you go to all that trouble to get rid of the King and the divine right to rule … and then decide that the best way to run a Republic is to go down the male primogeniture route whether the ‘heir’ is suitable or not, which was a not insignificant part of its downfall.
Also, the fact that the Commonwealth does seem to have been a pretty joyless and dreary place. If you’re going to have male primogeniture you might at well at least be able to have May Day and Christmas.
Exactly. No wonder they restored the Monarchy! If they'd done it properly instead of "let's have some deathly dull Puritans in charge' it may have survived.

Great_Kate

VIP Member
Because they need a hero and a villain, and they currently have ' modest 4 bedroom semi in Surrey' against 15 BEDROOM MANSION IN CALIFORNIA!!!!!. They will remember when the time comes.

What about the ' budget Easyjet flight' photo opp? They all try and outdo each other, and for no reason. Charles and William can do what they like. They will still get King. All I can think of is its extreme boredom.

It'll be on ebay before then! I was tempted to take a look. My son was gutted I missed out on the Aldi Jubilee Corgi. My aldi is shit.
But that’s exactly what I mean. The PR just jumped on the opportunity. They didn’t create the drama over the 11 private jet trips in two weeks. But of course they had the easiest time to build on it. I mean, that was too good to pass up on it. If they only had done it properly with an actual commercial flight

TYL159

Chatty Member
No they couldn't they are historic palaces which belong to the nation, even President Macron lives in the Elysee Palace with the French state owning most of the other French Palaces in Paris.

As for food banks go to republics like Brazil or India or even parts of the USA if you really want to see poverty. The average constitutional monarchy like ours or Sweden's has far less poverty than the average Republic
Western monarchies are monarchies because they have been lucky enough not to have the type of upheaval in their past that cause their monarchies to he overthrown. They have absolutely no effect on our wealth as a nation, or on poverty or food bank usage. India in part is poor partly because of the caste system ( which was taken advantage of by the British) but also because millions of pounds of wealth was siphoned out of the country to ' gift' to the British Monarchy. Most of it they still have. It is easy to average out Monarchy v republic because there are hardly any Monarchies compared to Republics, so obviously there will get on average more poor ones. Especially when the ME ones ( The Queens bosom buddies) are absolute and sitting on tons of oil money.
If you look at the remaining constitutional monarchies in the world ie Sweden, Japan, Jordan, Norway, Denmark, Spain, Luxembourg, the UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the Netherlands and Thailand they are almost all wealthier, more prosperous and more free than the average republic. There are only a handful of absolute monarchies left in the Middle East but even they are richer per head than most of the rest of the Middle East.

India has been independent for over 70 years, it still has billionaires sitting alongside those in effectively absolute poverty. It cannot keep blaming the British Empire

Exactly. No wonder they restored the Monarchy! If they'd done it properly instead of "let's have some deathly dull Puritans in charge' it may have survived.
You don't know who could become President in a republic, that is the whole point, as the US for example found with President Trump. Constitutional monarchy at least provides stability as head of state

Yel

Chatty Member
Did we ever find out who the lady with the nice hair cut and miserable face sitting behind William was?
Having a ball I'm sure 👍
Had a quick look earlier wanting to see a paper label who they all were in the box, and can't find it. Who was and wasn't there is interesting. I didn't notice rishi sunak, was he there?

Mags44

I have enjoyed the Jubilee Celebrations I was talking to my friend who won a ticket to go to the 2002 Jubilee. Its a fitting tribute to The Queen. I was discussing with family the future, going forward with the Royal Family without The Queen.

I am old enough to remember The Queen commenting that both William and Kate didn't do enough engagements for her liking. However I think this is just a classic generational divide. Is this the last hurray for the royal family as we have known it? It will be very interesting to see how they adapt

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Lilibet's first birthday probably had something to do with it being a nominated family day, and the fact that they don't seem to be very welcome in the family from everything that has been shown

I saw some tabloid speculating that they may have had Lilibet's christening in private yesterday also
They seemed to be getting on fine with Princess Eugenie and her husband. They're very close so they could have sat near them.

I know they were with TQ yesterday but Windsor to BP isn't the hardest journey in the world.

We'll probably find out when they return to the US and tell all to the US media.