Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Baconbutties

VIP Member
I did too. Seemed a finality about it all, the perfect goodbye if you will.
That's what I thought. She looked frail and I bet when she looked out to see all those people singing God Save the Queen she was probably thinking this will be my last time and I reckon she will all be choked up too inside. ☹

Reactions: 20

Blurp

VIP Member
What I find funny, is that Anne is basically the embodiment of the stiff upper lip. I think her type of people are great for the job but have problems translating well to others. Less in person but in the media circus.
Personally, I can deal with the stiffness and reserved behaviour much better than people telling me all about their every thought and emotion. That’s obviously subjective preference though.
She's also incredibly caring without being dramatic.

A national memorial is sited at a place where I used to work; I was still working there when she came to open it. She was late from her previous engagement and the police were relaxed about it - "oh, she won't leave until she's spoken to everyone, regardless of the time; her engagements are always slipping in time". After the formalities were over, she ignored the refreshments and the VIPs and made sure to speak to every single bereaved family, listening carefully to them and sympathising without being saccharine.

The Navy bloody love her. Unlike her aunt, she doesn't stand on ceremony. She is very like her father and she was given security by being his favourite.

• Heart

BigMavis

VIP Member
It was pre recorded. I imagine had she been in attendance she would have appeared after they'd run that clip, bit like when she parachuted into the Olympic ceremony and then took her seat.
I see what people mean about the CGI but I think that may have been to do with the Paddington character.
It was lovely and tapping her teacup was the best thing I've seen in a while. 💓 I love when they do this shit.

• Heart

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
Spot on. The “ Aren’t William and Charles great?” PR seems to have gone into overdrive lately - hence William’s completely spontaneous decision to pretend to sell the Big Issue ( 🙄 ) and Charles private comments about the Rwanda policy making it on to the front of all the tabloids.
It's continuing today with the ' Wills and Kate are only moving into a 4 bedroom cottage which won't need to be refurbished' and sticking in a Meghan and Harry reference, conveniently forgetting the ££££millions already spent on their KP apartment and Anmer Hall, so 2 kitchens and a tennis court put in for a holiday home.

• Sick

LadyQuaithe

le sigh.

Again and again women are being accused of stealing the show. Last year, Kate was blasted for staring at the camera from the car and having that iconic photo taken..now it's Meghan being roasted for showing up at the St Paul's cathedral , all smiling and in white.

Seriously what are royal women supposed to do? Always wear one drab green dress like Wives from the ''Handmaid's tale''? have you noticed how royal men are rarely criticized for the same thing?

• Haha

laughing

VIP Member
Why is it every time Kate wears an outfit, someone has to find a photo of Di wearing a similar one?

Drives me mad!

• Heart

allaboutthegossip

I don’t understand why Andrew doesn’t fade away and enjoy a quiet life for the sake of his children/grandchildren. His arrogance knows no bounds.
There is the argument innocent until proven guilty but then he paid a stranger millions. I feel disappointed in the Queen for pandering to Andrew and trying to integrate him back into some public role. How can they not understand the public have no good will towards him.

Sea

VIP Member
@VioletButterfly it's royal family thread, it's not anti and it's not rave, it's a general RF discussion thread - all views are exchanged. Royal families from around the world are chatted about too.
With regards to old, well Mona Lisa still does the job well, Elton John has fantastic songs but that doesn't mean he can still sing them well now.

Isa_Drennan

VIP Member
Hi, I hope I’m not asking a stupid question, and I ask respectfully, if this is the Royal Family Thread, why does no one here seem to like the Royal Family? This reads like such a big fu to them, why not call it the anti-RF thread? I’m thinking perhaps a lot more of us RF Fans are lurking here, hesitant to stand up for them for fear of being shouted down. And by more of us, I mean those who respect the Queen for all she’s given for the past 70 years, Revered the world over.
It’s a general discussion rather than rave thread. There’s a mix of people of who do and don’t like the monarchy and some people who have mixed feelings. I don’t know how to do it but you could start a rave thread if that’s what you’re after.

Edit: I see that you are a regular contributor to the Harry and Meghan snark threads. That seems to be an extremely safe space to rave about the marvels of the Queen and the royal family.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Multi-21

VIP Member
She did look emotional. I think she’s knows that will be the last time she’ll be on the balcony seeing those crowds. So often elderly people hold on for an event and them sadly die shortly after.

• Sad

50sGirl

VIP Member
Loving the empathy he showed whilst his grandfather was on his deathbed.
Quite!
He allegedly adores his grandmother yet he was so empathetic to her that he trashed the family on TV whilst her husband of 70+ years was dying. If that’s “empathy” then I’ll pass thanks.

Reactions: 19

Popcorn&Peanuts

It's a weird conundrum isn't it?

Imagine that you are told that your village/town owns a communal property. It belongs to all of you but no one can live in it and the members of the community can only visit a small part of it - maybe a portion of the grounds and a reception room or two. A wealthy family gets to lives their full-time however. They can decorate it to their tastes and are the only ones allowed in the vast majority of the property. In fact, you as a supposed owner, can be arrested if you try to access off-limit parts of what is supposedly YOURS. Then, to add insult to injury, you're told that a portion of your council tax is being siphoned off to renovate, redecorate and heat the place. Under any other circumstances, people would see this for the madness that it is.

Basically, when it comes to the responsibility and the costs, the royal properties belong to the State and when it comes to the access and usage, they pretty much belong exclusively to the RF. Very clever.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
It couldn't have gone better for William and Kate; with a four year old acting like a four year old. I don't think lots of the people memeing a child to be critical realise they're highlighting how good it all looked for the Cambridges🤦‍♀️

Would have been a different story if she slapped him and said "behave you little shit, else I'll tell nanny to not give you ice cream for a month!"

• Haha
  • Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I do find the stories and theories that the Sussex children are dolls quite bizarre.

It was one of reasons I don't post in the H&M thread. It's wild in there. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

CuriousCat92

Chatty Member
This is such an interesting point because the public really hardly seems to hear about the Royal charity work, or maybe they just don't do that much of it

Anyway, I think the RF is in a bit of a weird position with this. People know that they're stupidly privileged and focusing primarily on their charity work, especially with people or a sector which could benefit from some financial aid, would just stir that conversation. The only interesting thing about them is, imo, family drama and their secret lives - bit like the Kardashians, only they don't have their own show
I have struggled with this for some time.
Particularly in relation to Duchess of Cambridge’s work in relation to early years. Most of the children’s centres near us closed during austerity and health visitor services seem to be pretty much non-existent. I know it’s not as simple as if the cambridges had less homes then maybe ordinary people could have a children’s centre nearby but it’s hard not to go down the route of thinking. In the same way, I was really annoyed when she went shadowing midwifes in an nhs hospital. I am sure the intentions were good but, having seen the facilities where she gave birth, it did scream to me of peering into the lives of the plebs. All a bit Marie-Antoinette playing at shepherdesses to me.

• Heart

annanuttall

VIP Member
Oh gosh, whoever said she looked emotional now made me feel sad for her. She knows this is the last time a great party in her honor will be held and that thought is making me well up. I think it will hit like a ton of brick when she died as she has always been in people's lives. The next time there be crowds of this size could be at her funeral, which is grim. I'm going to have a cry in the corner.

//sorry my post isn't making much sense, I just had this emotional gut feeling that the queen won't always be around.

• Sad
Reactions: 18

VicksterIcon

Chatty Member
So lovely to see and be introduced to Sophie today. I said she had had a hard week which she agreed!! My husband was lucky enough to sit down with her to have tea and cake. Don’t have gossip as yet but will update!! And yes that’s the Titchmarsh with her.

No wonder Harry is annoyed about losing protection. She had 4 security detail including a very glamorous lady!!

Attachments

Reactions: 18