Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
Charlotte will become such a well liked person in society that it wouldn’t surprise me if she graduated top her class and went on to work in the field of science perhaps in a laboratory.
Err she's 6! You do realise you don't know these people at all. How on earth can you know that from some photoshoots? Or Louis! Putting such silly projections on children who have been at school for all of 2 years, and a preschooler is utter garbage!

Reactions: 25

Glaschelle

VIP Member
I don’t think Anne could give 2 figs about the media circus. She never played that game at all and had absolutely no interest at all in being a clothes horse, she’s still wearing stuff now that first saw the light of day in the 1970’s. She does just the job and does it very well.

Really, she would have been the ideal person to mentor Harry, because she seemed to have carved out exactly what he said he wanted … public persona and private life. She managed to have a career as an Olympic Equestrian and was sports personality of the year all while being a working Royal, fighting off a kidnapper, keeping her children out the spotlight and her marriage out the tabloids. That’s some going.

(Didn’t she also say something like that it took her a good 10 years before she felt confident enough to take part in Save the Children’s debates because she had to understand how it worked so she had to do the spadework first?).
I know people who have contact with Anne though her work with one of her charities. They describe her as well briefed and knowledgeable about the subject she's talking about. Many years ago, she attended a function for the charity I worked for. Despite being told by her lady in waiting she was over her time and needed to leave, she made sure to speak to everyone who had attended. She seemed quite genuine.

Ps as part of this function, I got my photo taken with Anne. My mum was well chuffed and it felt like she took it with her to every bingo hall in Glasgow!!!

Reactions: 24

Boring Monday

VIP Member
To bad mouth their family and then turn up at the Jubilee as though everything will be ok. You've either got guts to do that or you're oblivious. 🤔
They were damned if they did and damned if they didn’t.
If they hadn’t come, the very same people who are afronted they did would be ragging on them for snubbing The Queen.
They came, seemingly at her request, did what they were asked, then went home.
The one’s making a mountain out of it are the likes of the Daily Mail and the sad saps making YouTube videos over analysing every eye twitch.

• Heart

kev1974

VIP Member
I also saw a statement from the drone company that was along the lines of "Our drone offering is very much a premium product". Basically saying no you can't afford us to come and do shit at your wedding, so don't even waste our time asking.

• Haha
  • Heart

Delia Smith

VIP Member
Touching and surreal in equal measure. Seeing the Queen on the balcony then panning to Rylan, you couldn’t really make it up

• Haha

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
Didnt she keep inviting him around to their after they broke up? Also you have to question a mothers judgement if the stories are true about William calling Kate a mattress when they were on one of their breaks....
Wasn't it his Royal Protection officers who called her that, because she would just turn up whenever he wanted a shag, wherever else he had been? I suspect he didn't want someone who would rock the boat like Diana so made sure Kate would put up with anything before he committed.

There you go.
I dont particularly want yo rave about any Royals, including Harry and Meghan, because they are all entitled and self serving but the vitriol Meghan gets is really out of control compared to what she has done. It's so over the top, it's bizarre.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I agree with the general consensus - it was sad to see the Queen on the balcony. Could possibly be the last time we see her up there. Her signature looked more wobbly than usual on the statement she's just released too.

The monarchy doesn't mean much to me, but the Queen is iconic really. In the UK, her image has surrounded every single living person's life on a daily basis, on stamps, on coins and banknotes, on TV, and her name adorns all manner of public buildings. I imagine she is also one of the things that people from other countries would most associate with the UK, such is her longevity.

It was good to see such a huge turnout on The Mall. I will be sad when she goes.

• Heart
  • Sad

Popcorn&Peanuts

I loved this bit

you can feel the sychophancy virtually pulsing off the page.

chickens, your whole lives are a ‘burden on the taxpayer’. You ain’t going to suddenly be People Like Us because you have a Georgian grade II listed ‘cottage‘ in Granny’s back garden, whether you get the Farrow and Ball paint chart out or not.

(and The Staff may not live in, but there are plenty of staff quarters close by. I’m assuming the desired school will be Eton rather than the local comp).
It is infuriating that people actually fall for this nonsense. Anyone who cannot see the obvious sycophancy is being deliberately obtuse.

Poor Will and Kate with their humble 4-bedroom home and no live-in staff who only want to be close to Granny. See guys? They're just like the rest of us. Of course we will obfuscate the fact that the humble home is a Grade II listed mansion on a royal estate and that there are very likely nearby buildings holding the entire retinue of cooks, maids and nannies. Granny is of course the Queen and the nearby private schools cost upwards of £40k+ per annum.

Let's also make no mention of the fact they have their 20-room, £12 million-renovated Kensington Palace apartment with THREE kitchens or the £4 million supposedly spent on renovating Anmer Hall including a brand new kitchen and relocating an entire tennis court a few feet.

The unearned luxury and privileges is one thing but to pretend that they can even fathom what the average person lives like is downright insulting. They are not humble, modest, self-sacrificing or frugal by any measure.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Even so they would be very careful about what they put out there and how they’re shown, I don’t think anything would be done without approval. Plus I think the above poster may be right about the ones signed off W and/or C 🤷🏼‍♀️
Very few of their tweets are signed off W or C so I've always assumed that when they are it's their own work.

The whole family on display worked brilliantly and showed off TRF in a very good light. Even down to the way the kids were interacting with each other and Mike and Zara especially interacting with the Cambridge children it showed them as a close family who obviously see each other outside of big events. The small cousins all seem very comfortable around various Aunties and Uncles. Very sad Archie and Lilibet won't have that the way things stand.

I particularly loved when Louis took off to go and sit on Grandpa's knee.That was just a just so natural (and so not what we expect from Charles).

hannah123

VIP Member
i think the pure fact that most of those alleged situations are retold with “I heard” and have no further evidence says it all. The RF has power but some people really over estimate things. If there are pictures they find a way to the surface. Harry and the costume and his balls in Vegas, Virginia and Andrew (and the original is nowhere to be found, still you find it if you search it), William and the girls on his skiing trip, Charles and Camilla’s phone leaks….. there is also really no evidence that the heirs get away with more. If that were the case we wouldn’t have seen the witch hunt and articles about Charles regarding Camilla and Wiliams alleged affair and so on. Not once did we get a complaint or statement.
The tabloids write what they like and they have their own logic as to what will sell. Is there pressure for certain angles or to crush certain stories? For sure. But those stories always find a way.
Maybe Wiliam and Charles are just a bit more careful around who they go crazy with and make sure no photos exist?
I can also believe that the royal institution tries a tad more to keep the heir out of trouble. I mean that’s only logic? In most companies if shit goes down it’s never the really important board and other big players that go - it’s only the expendables. The company would never get rid of the people it needs to survive no matter how shitty they are. Of course a family should work differently, but the Firm doesn’t.
H seems to have a massive problem with distinguishing the private and the professional realm and his position in both. I can see that it’s complicated for all as both are pretty interwoven and that the professional realm impacts the private one in a very unhealthy way. To step back would probably have been a good idea to untangle it a bit. Sadly he didn’t realise that certain perks are the goodie package for taking the bad stuff.
And I will say this- no one forced him to act as if his family was the bestest ever. The family she never had? Charles walking her down the isle? If things were already uncomfortable (as they alluded in the interview) he wasn’t forced to go along with the lie and certainly not to sell
it even further. H exposed himself the most. No one could have come up with certain things if he would have been more careful and thought twice (or asked actually smart people). They are all their own worst enemies.
This is something I have a problem with when believing Harry was consistently thrown under the bus. People had cameras at this party and managed to get a picture of Harry dressed as a Nazi but not a single person got one of William? Or in any of the other times where the RF have protected William? The press published stories of Charles wanting to be Camillas tampon but wouldn’t post William dressed in black face because the RF asked them not to, I struggle believing it, and idc how loyal of a friend someone is, everyone has a price and would sell those pictures to the press.

Popcorn&Peanuts

As for food banks go to republics like Brazil or India or even parts of the USA if you really want to see poverty. The average constitutional monarchy like ours or Sweden's has far less poverty than the average Republic
I know you keep saying this but correlation does not equal causation. The stability of these countries is based on far more complex and interconnected factors than a privileged family living in a Palace. It's a bit insulting to simplify their success in this manner.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Great_Kate

VIP Member
So lovely to see and be introduced to Sophie today. I said she had had a hard week which she agreed!! My husband was lucky enough to sit down with her to have tea and cake. Don’t have gossip as yet but will update!! And yes that’s the Titchmarsh with her.

No wonder Harry is annoyed about losing protection. She had 4 security detail including a very glamorous lady!!
But that’s the thing: Harry and Meghan would always have the same amount if not more protection for work. Even now they get some if they show up at official engagements. But they want them AFTER leaving in their private time and at private functions. Sophie is not running around with that much protection in her private time. That’s the whole point why people shake their head about H. It’s not how it works and he should have/could have known that. Anne, Andrew and Edward, their partners and children get much less than Charles (and rightly so). H needs to stop thinking he is so extra special. In a couple of years he will not be more than a footnote. He is just not important to the system and the constitution. He was for a time but that time is gone. His children will never matter to the constitution (just like his cousins never mattered). So if he needs protection he needs to pay and it also means to accept that his money won’t buy him every resource he wishes for. If the police thinks he needs protection he gets it but they are not open for private hiring.

Last edited:

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I don’t even think hes badly behaved really - he’s 4 years old and in the middle of Fred Karno’s very noisy, long and somewhat boring to a 4 year old circus. I mean even adults nodded off.

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
It's the same with Boris saying he couldn't afford a nanny . I don't know why they do it it's like they are trying to take the piss I think. It's so condescending.
To be fair, Boris has a lot of child support to pay, and a wife with very expensive taste in wallpaper!

• Haha

Popcorn&Peanuts

To bad mouth their family and then turn up at the Jubilee as though everything will be ok. You've either got guts to do that or you're oblivious. 🤔
I mean, all reports indicated that they were specifically invited by the Queen so it's not a matter of guts, just showing up in her honor? Their walk down the Cathedral's aisle also suggests that this is what the Queen wanted so again, nothing gutsy there.

They were invited, they showed up, they kept a low profile, they left. That's all.

• Heart
  • Wow

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Does anyone think that this plan to “rehabilitate” the Duke of York is serious? Or are they just testing public opinion? To me it seems far too soon for him just to be back pretending like nothing happened. I think it could be very damaging to the royal family.
It doesn’t matter either way. Charles and William both actively dislike him and he will be frozen out completely when the Queen dies.

Reactions: 21

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I have felt this too about the whole thing. Not sure if it’s my age but a lot of the joy from 2013 seems missing.
2012 had the Jubillee, a well Queen and Prince Philip still with us And the whole Olympic vibe.
this one seems to have been a fingers crossed, don’t make eye contact and jinx it, living obituary vibe.

Reactions: 20

CuriousCat92

Chatty Member
Does anyone think that this plan to “rehabilitate” the Duke of York is serious? Or are they just testing public opinion? To me it seems far too soon for him just to be back pretending like nothing happened. I think it could be very damaging to the royal family.

Reactions: 20