The Royal Family #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This morning I downloaded Tina Brown's ''palace papers''.

Here are some of the funniest descriptions

'' The last presentations at court, always held at Buckingham Palace, took place in 1958. Apparently, Prince Philip had long campaigned to get rid of the ritual on the grounds that it was “bloody daft,” a sentiment in sync with the British public’s souring of deference toward the ruling class, and the rising tide of satire and social conscience drama. Princess Margaret was no fan either. “We had to stop them,” she said. “Every tart in London was being presented.” :LOL: :m

''-This was a crowd that could well afford the best Harley Street dentist, but you could root for truffles in the forests of bad teeth.'':ROFLMAO::sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
OMG. I am seriously laughing at Omid Scobie's latest.

He claims that the Sussexs meeting with TQ was kept secret from her aides.

I can just imagine a sneaky text between Harry and TQ saying 'I'm at the back door. Let me in' 😆 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 19
OMG. I am seriously laughing at Omid Scobie's latest.

He claims that the Sussexs meeting with TQ was kept secret from her aides.

I can just imagine a sneaky text between Harry and TQ saying 'I'm at the back door. Let me in' 😆 😆
Harry standing at the back door like
10363692.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Titbit from the latest edition of "Private Eye". If true, I don't know what his beef is. It's not like Diana would have ever become Queen even if she had lived.

1651094530316.png

Reactions: 5
Is it because he's using Diana's memory to boost his popularity in America and so can't be seen to support her replacement? It's odd - he was at their wedding which you'd imagine would be a bigger deal than the coronation if he had an issue with her.

Reactions: 16
Where has all this animosity for Camilla come from? I don’t recall hearing Harry having any issue with her till now?
Diana's ghost probably told him. 👻

As you say, I'm sure there's been interviews where he's expressed how well he and William got on with Camilla. He was still in the RF then though, so everything would have been stage-managed.

Ever since this animosity started coming out though, I'm always reminded of the thuggish way in which he threw confetti at Charles & Camilla's wedding. He could barely raise a smile on the official photo, too.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Is it because he's using Diana's memory to boost his popularity in America and so can't be seen to support her replacement? It's odd - he was at their wedding which you'd imagine would be a bigger deal than the coronation if he had an issue with her.
I think at that point Operation Rehabilitate Camilla was in full swing and to a certain extent for everyone not Charles it was a case of grin and bare it.

A typical case of public PR being overlaid on back room plate throwing.

Reactions: 3
Titbit from the latest edition of "Private Eye". If true, I don't know what his beef is. It's not like Diana would have ever become Queen even if she had lived.

View attachment 1226911
Maybe because Harry was so young when his parents split up he still has quite a naive outlook on it like "my parents would still be together without Camilla". The more I read about Harry I wonder how Meghan puts up with him, he just seems like he's so angry all the time and would be so draining to be around.

Reactions: 11
Maybe because Harry was so young when his parents split up he still has quite a naive outlook on it like "my parents would still be together without Camilla". The more I read about Harry I wonder how Meghan puts up with him, he just seems like he's so angry all the time and would be so draining to be around.
I think they're on different levels intellectually as well. Meghan seems to be a lot smarter than he is.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think, because she's an "outsider" (they didn't meet until he was older, shes American etc.) it's very easy to get sucked into a unreliable narrative like what Harry is about this subject- especially if the others are ostracizing them. So, while she probably didn't mean to at first she is throwing fuel into the fire with his perspective on this.

Also, i believe that for years there has been a huge PR campaign to get the public behind Camilla, which seems to be working - you can't deny she has been a huge asset to the Royals and she seems genuinely interested in her patrons, unlike some of the other Royals.

Reactions: 9
Why do people love to post photos of royal women wearing revealing clothes, bikini, or dancing ?In order to shame them? That happened to both Kate and Meghan. Oh my god Kate is wearing pink top and yellow hot pants, quick, burn the witch.:rolleyes::whistle:

Reactions: 1
I think they're on different levels intellectually as well. Meghan seems to be a lot smarter than he is.
Meghan used Harry to move from C list to A list, if he was just Captain Harry Windsor and had never been royal or rich she would not have given him a second look

Reactions: 11
Meghan used Harry to move from C list to A list, if he was just Captain Harry Windsor and had never been royal or rich she would not have given him a second look
I think we all know that, but she still has to put up with him. For that at least, she has my admiration 😂

I agree. I think the vast majority of the issues he has with his family come entirely from him, and him telling his wife how hard done by he was/ is. Meghan is just his enabler, and has enthusiastically embraced his victimhood. Whenever the Royals do something stupid it is always the outsiders fault, because they can't possibly just be ordinary, bored and spoilt. They have to be some higher beings who fall for the terrible feminine ( in particular) wiles of the commoners.
Maybe the Camilla issue has come up now because he has had a lot of therapy?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.