The Royal Family #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think, because she's an "outsider" (they didn't meet until he was older, shes American etc.) it's very easy to get sucked into a unreliable narrative like what Harry is about this subject- especially if the others are ostracizing them. So, while she probably didn't mean to at first she is throwing fuel into the fire with his perspective on this.

Also, i believe that for years there has been a huge PR campaign to get the public behind Camilla, which seems to be working - you can't deny she has been a huge asset to the Royals and she seems genuinely interested in her patrons, unlike some of the other Royals.
I read a few days ago that he used to be a moaner around Cressida as well, so she told him to get therapy then broke up with him because it was too much woe is me. But I imagine Meghan probably does encourage it more because she felt ostracized, when a lot of it just seems she didn't fit in because she didn't know how to, which again feels like Harry's fault for not preparing her. He proposed to her, asked her to move countries and give up her career after only meeting The Queen a couple of times, and even had to get Fergie to teach her to curtsy. I don't think Harry could ever have married an English woman, especially not an aristocratic/upper class one, because like Cressida they'd have seen he was an absolute fool that wasn't preparing either of them for what was to come.

Reactions: 7
i think possibly Harry has always struggled with the Palace protocol and procedure confines … as did his mum. when Diana died he was young and still only really knew her as ‘mum’ and if people who didn’t even know her when she was alive still idealise her her, its going to be so much worse for them. At least William being older and privy to a lot of the goings on knew her also as an actual person with faults. I think urge to kick against The Men In Grey Suits is strong in Harry possibly for those reasons.

When Meghan arrived, the MiGS’s did what they always do and Harry kicked back as he always did and it became the 2 of them against everyone else. Then Harry, as he always seems to, thought his life would be perfect ‘if only‘ and set about getting over to the greener grass on the other side of the fence. Only he’s there now and he has his wife, his family and no royal responsibilities and he’s found that the grass may be green but it still needs mowing so he’s looking over another fence at the better grass there … where he might be happier. Basically, he’ll never be satisfied with what he does actually have. It must be exhausting to live with.

Reactions: 14
I read a few days ago that he used to be a moaner around Cressida as well, so she told him to get therapy then broke up with him because it was too much woe is me. But I imagine Meghan probably does encourage it more because she felt ostracized, when a lot of it just seems she didn't fit in because she didn't know how to, which again feels like Harry's fault for not preparing her. He proposed to her, asked her to move countries and give up her career after only meeting The Queen a couple of times, and even had to get Fergie to teach her to curtsy. I don't think Harry could ever have married an English woman, especially not an aristocratic/upper class one, because like Cressida they'd have seen he was an absolute fool that wasn't preparing either of them for what was to come.
HOW he didn't prepare her for the tit show that is the royal family I would never know - I'd like to think they he isn't that naive that they would accept her with open arms. For all my complaining about Kate and William at least he eased her in slowly to the whole thing - although on the other hand i know that as an older couple, they didn't really have time on their side.

Reactions: 7
HOW he didn't prepare her for the tit show that is the royal family I would never know - I'd like to think they he isn't that naive that they would accept her with open arms. For all my complaining about Kate and William at least he eased her in slowly to the whole thing - although on the other hand i know that as an older couple, they didn't really have time on their side.
It did seem like Meghan was being fast-tracked. Meeting the Queen earlier than any previous royal suitor, spending Christmas with the RF before they were even married, the joint engagement with the Queen a few days after the wedding. I imagine the men in grey suits would have wanted things to progress at the usual sedate pace, so I can only conclude that it must have been Harry who was pushing for Meghan's lightning-fast induction. He definitely should have prepared her better. Especially considering she is neither aristocratic nor British, so may have been unsure of what to expect. The culture shock must have been massive.

Reactions: 6
I wonder if he’s always been given a bit more leeway because of how young he was when Diana died and all the circus around it, so he just assumed if it was what he wanted everyone would be fine with it?
(Thats not to say William hasn’t had leeway, either. I think he has … he was ‘allowed’ to live a fairly normal life (for the heir to the throne) for longer than possibly anyone thought he could get away with 😉 )

Reactions: 4
But then again Meghan got far more perks than Kate possibly to get Harry off the RF's hands as the aristocracy weren't going to allow any of theirs to marry him. Plus she did fit the forward thinking RF pr guff we were fed.

Reactions: 3
But then again Meghan got far more perks than Kate possibly to get Harry off the RF's hands as the aristocracy weren't going to allow any of theirs to marry him. Plus she did fit the forward thinking RF pr guff we were fed.
I don't believe that she got more perks, as someone else above said they were older and harry just pushed for her, unlike William and Kate who had time on their hands. Kate gets preferential treatment because she just took the dogs abuse better and she knew the pay off would be worth it. - remember she comes from a family where her own mother kept inviting William around to dinner AFTER they broke up.

Probably their mistake was believing the lip service PR guff.
Lets face it, modernising the Monarchy - or at least the attitudes of some members together with a whole coterie of Men in Grey Suits (who think they are more royal than the Royals because their families have been rearranging royal teddies since 1066) means 1960 is seen as a bit dicey.

I think he may have been worried about her bolting, and she was caught up in an American Disney Princess fantasy of sitting round in Palaces eating grapes or whatever, and they didn't see enough of each other for either of them to have a proper conversation about what it is to be in that family. The Royals have always been awful to outsiders marrying in. That's their fault, and it's not good enough to say people aren't prepared to marry in to the family. If they want people to come into the family and not be miserable and suffering, they need to change.

Reactions: 4
Oh dear. First Tom Cruise and now Cliff. If I were the Queen I'd be thinking about shuffling off this mortal coil pronto.

ETA sorry to the Tom Cruise fan, I can't stand the guy 😂
Well you're not invited to the wedding 🤣

• Haha
I don't believe that she got more perks, as someone else above said they were older and harry just pushed for her, unlike William and Kate who had time on their hands. Kate gets preferential treatment because she just took the dogs abuse better and she knew the pay off would be worth it. - remember she comes from a family where her own mother kept inviting William around to dinner AFTER they broke up.
I suspect William kept her hanging around to see how much she would put up with to be with him- other women, tick, being repeatedly dumped, tick, dropping everything to be at his beck and call, tick, not working for 10 years until his granny told her to, tick. She is the perfect Royal wife. Does what she's told, puts up and shuts up.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Meghan used Harry to move from C list to A list, if he was just Captain Harry Windsor and had never been royal or rich she would not have given him a second look
Would Kate have dated Will if he was some standard 9-5 worker on average salary? Considering Pippa and James' dating history she wouldn't have been seen anywhere near him.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I suspect William kept her hanging around to see how much she would put up with to be with him- other women, tick, being repeatedly dumped, tick, dropping everything to be at his beck and call, tick, not working for 10 years until his granny told her to, tick. She is the perfect Royal wife. Does what she's told, puts up and shuts up.
I think it's also to do with the fact that a lot of aristocratic families maybe would prefer there daughters to be with more independent wealthy low key men. I don't know. I always get the sense that with both william and Harry it's who they could get to marry them. Would you advise a woman I'm your family to marry into the Royal family? I think it would be incredibly difficult and not rewarding at all.

Reactions: 6
Would Kate have dated Will if he was some standard 9-5 worker on average salary? Considering Pippa and James' dating history she wouldn't have been seen anywhere near him.
Speaking of them, what's going on with her husbands dad?

I think it's also to do with the fact that a lot of aristocratic families maybe would prefer there daughters to be with more independent wealthy low key men. I don't know. I always get the sense that with both william and Harry it's who they could get to marry them. Would you advise a woman I'm your family to marry into the Royal family? I think it would be incredibly difficult and not rewarding at all.
I agree. I think aristo's don't want to throw their daughters to the wolves as The Spencers did with their daughters anymore, because they know they can have an easier life marrying some new money bloke or a banker or someone, and they don't have to pretend to care about charities and opening schools to get a share of Granny's money. Or even by getting a job and making their own money!

Last edited:
I think they genuinely do love eachother tho, let’s face it, maybe not if he was a 9-5 worker but Kate defo could have married well without having to marry royalty…she ran in the type of circles where she would have lived a very very nice life and not have had to have dealt with the whole tit of being hounded the second she stepped outside or being called names, her appearance and weight scrutinised….frankly with being royalty comes a shed load of crap, think the whole world being told you made someone cry and basically bullied them…after 10 years and knowing the way things were I don’t think she would have taken up the role If she didn’t genuinely love William

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.