Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Specific Question thread; 😬

Reactions: 1

Dollenganger

VIP Member
Apparently Mummy isn't going to bail him out this time so he's frantically trying to sell his ski chalet amongst other stuff. Charles must have persuaded her that paying for Andrew would look far worse for the monarchy and her legacy. He's definitely going to be hidden away during the jubilee celebrations, if he's not in court, that is. Actually, is he still likely to be arrested if he steps foot in the USA? I'm also wondering if he and Fergie will quietly tie the knot again now Philip's dead so that she keeps her mouth shut and can't be forced to testify against him.
The other day I read that Charles and William are fuming about his mounting legal bills.

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
To be honest, this makes a heck of a lot of sense. They are not the Princess and Prince of Wales yet. Does this mean maybe that when they do become of wales' we will get the jewels? (I just really want to live vicariously through them hahaha)
Does Camilla wear tiaras? Always seen her very pared down - because my understanding is she isn’t PoW, right?
Apologies for the ignorance, willing to be educated!

………why settle now? I’m sure money has been offered previously and VG wanted admittance of wrong doing against her? All odd!
This is what I don’t get. Her team were originally saying she didn’t want a settlement and yet she has settled. I suspect she may know some things about him but really has nothing on him - especially as now she allegedly cannot produce the original photo.

odd Is an understatement

I never doubted Camilla would be known as Queen, but I’m very intrigued as to why this has been announced now all of sudden? We are being prepared for the end.
Couldn't she just be planning to step down willingly after the celebrations are over in favour of Charles? Why keep working once she's past this milestone

Great_Kate

VIP Member
I can only imagine, that he and his lawyers have come up with a strategy to discredit VG in court and they might think playing lay people with their evidence will be easier than one judge that is not as impressionable with the emotional angle.
Anything else would be seriously crazy and deluded.

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I've been to the Winter Palace (aka the Hermitage Museum) and the Catherine Palace in St Petersburg, years ago on a school trip (so long ago it was still called Leningrad!). Amazing places.
So did I! Where did you go to school?

Eirawen

VIP Member
Oh, absolutely but taking into account the medicine of the times and general illnesses bopping about, the Hanoverians-cum-Saxe-Cobergs have managed as a group to do fairly well in the longevity stakes (not forgetting that Prince Philip also is of that line)
Okay fine the Queen will live to over 100 because "that's what they do"🙄

Boring Monday

VIP Member
From an experience point of view, I'd pick Mike Tindall over Kate - he's a well known rugby figure and would be a great ambassador in terms of public engagement but he's not royal so...

Nice to see your snobbery showing through there Kate...the royals get government financial help every year (and its a growing amount every year even though there's less of them) but they have titles so it doesn't matter or?
To be fair, he has been a bit of a plank in the past.
Perhaps someone who was suspended and fined (with suspension and fine reduced on appeal?) and whose main defence for fibbing to the Manager about the events seemed to be I didn’t know I was fibbing because I couldn’t remember isn’t still flavour of the month with the head honchos and not someone they’d be tripping over themselves to have represent them?
(and that’s before you get to him having been/still being? The face on an online bookmaker).

Chablis1

VIP Member
From an experience point of view, I'd pick Mike Tindall over Kate - he's a well known rugby figure and would be a great ambassador in terms of public engagement but he's not royal so...

Nice to see your snobbery showing through there Kate...the royals get government financial help every year (and its a growing amount every year even though there's less of them) but they have titles so it doesn't matter or?
In full agreement re Mike Tindall.

Mairag

Chatty Member
Apparently they wanted to visit here after seeing it on the TV.

I have difficulty seeing PW as anything other than a spoiled brat after the Christmas story of not wanting to watch a particular film with the staff, making them change it then buggering off to shoot instead at the last minute.
Do you have the links to the reports of this please? Nothing comes up in Google.

Maybe I'm being naive here, but how is he any less safe in the UK than America? Citizens have access to guns in America, paparazzi are more rampant - we’ve seen loads of pap pictures of Meghan in the past year - and his security won’t have access to US intelligence either. If your current security aren’t good enough, get some new ones.

If the met police were for hire you’d have Russian and Saudi billionaires buying access like it’s a football club.
Because he is essentially a representative of the UK (he is still in line to the throne and a Prince) and therefore could be a target for terrorist attacks aimed at the UK (he referenced threats from Neo-Nazis in his letter before claim to the Home Office. Source: Daily Mail).

It is odd, I don't know why he is not being removed from the line of succession, but could imagine that - as with the title "Prince" - it is his birth right and could only be removed if he decides to remove himself/ "abdicate" in a way. But I don't know.

Andrew also kept his "Prince" title and is also in line of succession.

lokencrepis

Does Camilla wear tiaras? Always seen her very pared down - because my understanding is she isn’t PoW, right?
Apologies for the ignorance, willing to be educated!
I can't think of a time when she's worn them, and a quick google image search... doesn't seem to be any.

Hot take: I think this might not only be because of her lacking in Princess titles, but also because the queen = not a fan

Multi-21

VIP Member
If PC does and she was with him two days before I don’t see why she wouldn’t have it. Hope they both recover quickly and their symptoms are minor although can you imagine the history books if Covid happened to take them both out in a short space of time?
I wonder if that would be enough for Boris to rethink dropping isolation rules at the end of the month?

TYL159

Chatty Member
So tourists visiting the UK only visit England and for the royal “attractions”?
They also go to Scotland too and when they do often for royal connected places like Edinburgh castle or Holyroodhouse Palace or the royal yacht Britannia. Charles has also said he will make Balmoral into a memorial to the Queen when she dies for visitors.

Scotland of course has even worse weather than England, it is certainly not our beaches and warm sunshine we get people visiting for!