Camila as Queen? Yes or No?

Camilla as queen?

• Yes

Votes: 184 65.2%
  • No

Votes: 98 34.8%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

So glad Ingrid put Burrell on the spot about her conversation with Diana who said ‘I don’t blame Camilla’ (for their marraige break-up)

Burrell alluding to Hazzno having tales to tell about Camilla and currently ‘keeping his powder dry’ - saying he would not have been happy about her becoming QC - worth a listen

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Starting post.
Above post/posts are moved to thread from Harry and Meghan thread.

Still holding a grudge for Diana’s sake? 😬how do you think William and Harry feel?
interested to see how much love there is for Charlie and Millie 😐

Reactions: 8

So glad Ingrid put Burrell on the spot about her conversation with Diana who said ‘I don’t blame Camilla’ (for their marraige break-up)

Burrell alluding to Hazzno having tales to tell about Camilla and currently ‘keeping his powder dry’ - saying he would not have been happy about her becoming QC - worth a listen
I’ve actually gone off Dan now. I mainly agree with his views on the Harkles but that was pretty pathetic of him. Protecting Diana’s memory?! No one would have given a tit about her if she hadn’t married the future king! As for Burrell, is he aware that Prince William doesn’t like him?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Camz knows her only job is to support #1 whomever that may be. She does it without drawing undo attention to herself. One of HMTQ's best qualities is her utter selflessness. She used her Jubilee statement to ensure the happiness of others. As always it's about duty rather than self. The Duchess of Cornwall has that same quality; no wonder PC loves her to distraction. She has the same twinkle and humorous demeanor that the Queen Mum had!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Yes

Naturally, as a tattler, I adore gossip and thrived on all the affair drama, Camilla’s and Diana’s 😉. As time wore on, I’ve come to adore Camilla. She’s a down to earth gal who has a sense of duty, fits in, gets on with it, has a lovely sense of humour and loves animals. What’s not to like.
2CF0A334-BF43-4CE2-A43E-8DF423DDCC6F.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I was a huge fan of Diana and was quite peeved when Charles and Camila tied the knot. I felt they didn't deserve to be happy.

However, over the years I've come to realise that Diana wasn't a Saint and she came with her own set of issues.

From things I’ve read (on here) Camilla privately supports domestic violence charities and has been at the forefront of osteoporosis charity for many years.

Diana was never going to be Queen after the divorce.

So yes, I feel Camilla should be queen

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I was also a huge Diana fan. I was definitely on her side when the divorce happened and despised Camilla a lot. The media were very pro Diana and anti Camilla so that didn’t help back then as there was no social media or any other way to get information. If the media portrayed her as a Saint, I believed it as many did.

However as a person who has come to not believe everything that I read in the media and do my own research, I now know Diana was not a Saint and Camilla wasn’t the evil mistress who stole Charles away.

Camilla is great and she deserves to be Queen.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
No. I haven’t watched the GMB link. I have zero interest in the Royals. I’m sure she’s a perfectly nice woman who does lots of charity work (wouldn’t we all if money was no object?!) but why does she need to be called Queen? Wasn’t Charles wanting to strip back the number of Royals? Why do we need any more than King and Heir and subsequent Heir?

Reactions: 2
I’d personally prefer Camzee as queen to Chazza as king 😐

William whatever, if you’re really shagging Rosie put it away.

Hazza, keep him medicated in the LA safely padded bunker dungeon with a copy of rat pray love and some crystals,
or wherever she keeps him these days, the chicken coop, beside the waffle maker, whatever. 😒

• Haha
Reactions: 13
No. I haven’t watched the GMB link. I have zero interest in the Royals. I’m sure she’s a perfectly nice woman who does lots of charity work (wouldn’t we all if money was no object?!) but why does she need to be called Queen? Wasn’t Charles wanting to strip back the number of Royals? Why do we need any more than King and Heir and subsequent Heir?
??? Camilla will be Queen no matter what.

The question is if the title Queen should be actually used. If you officially call her Queen or not does not change a thing in terms of her status, tasks or money. Stripping back royals (which I am in massive favour for) will not start with the wife of the monarch? Before that every sibling outside the firstborns and then all spouses from low to high rank would come.
The RF has dozens of people to cut out before it’s her.
Calling her Queen or not is a pure question of sympathy because she will hold the title anyway. Not using it is just putting a blanket of reality so that some people can feel …, I actually don’t know what anyone gains from it.

Reactions: 11
I'm glad it's happening. People seem to think Diana was a Saint but like all humans she had her failings. I think if Diana had lived and remarried this would never have been an issue.

Camilla has put up with a lot from the press and others and always stayed silent. She supports Charles without wanting to make a name for herself. I think as she has been to more public events with Charles he has softened. I think he relaxes more when she's by his side.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Yes.

I was a fan of Diana. Charles should never have married her. He didn’t love her and never would have done as he’d never stopped loving Camilla.

I wasn’t keen when Charles and Camilla got married. But she’s kept her head down, dealt with everything with dignity and worked hard. You can see how much they love each other and it’s right that the wife of the King is a Queen.

Not using the Princess of Wales title was due to sensitivities of Diana having died, but still being linked to the title. Diana has never had a link to being Queen, other than as a possibility whilst she was married, so there’s no reason to avoid using it.

If Camilla isn’t a Queen, perhaps people will then start to question whether Kate should be either.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yes, absolutely.
By law, by tradition, by being married to Charles she WILL be the Queen Consort. I think she's very good for Charles.
The argument for Princess Consort doesn't make sense as male consorts - Albert and Philip - couldn't be King Consort as they'd then outrank the Queen (true across other monarchies too: Margrethe & Henrik of Denmark, Beatrix & Claus of the Netherlands).
Camilla had a rough time before they were married (pelted by eggs how many times?) but never publicly complained. She has done, and continues to do, fantastic work in the fields of literacy, osteoporosis, looking after the elderly and lonely, domestic violence and assault (a few years back, talking to those on the receiving end, she asked what would items would the women have liked. There are now kits being given out by shelters and assault centres filled with all these items), she invites terminally ill children to decorate the Christmas tree at Clarence House each year (serves them all herself and ensures that the Bearskin worn by the guards are tried on by the children), not forgetting her walking the talk and owning rescue dogs.
She never seeks the limelight, she puts her head down and works on causes important to her, unfashionable and forgotten they may be (to start with), she comes across very grounded, sensible, witty and someone I'd rather like to have a drink with. Also, she can wear the big jewels fabulously! (Okay, that's completely shallow, but still valid ;) )

• Heart
Reactions: 21
After being pelted by bread rolls and vilified for her part in the Charles and Di saga (everyone was miserable and no one perfect) she has gotten on with life as a royal and done so with a cheeky smile and what I believe is a kind and full heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Starting post.
Above post/posts are moved to thread from Harry and Meghan thread.

Still holding a grudge for Diana’s sake? 😬how do you think William and Harry feel?
interested to see how much love there is for Charlie and Millie 😐
I was wondering why my post had gone missing from the H&M thread!

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I personally like Charles and Camilla even more than William and Kate. Maybe that might be a bit weird for someone of my age (in my 20s), but I just think C&C are pretty underrated for all the work they do. They make a great team and I think they'll do an amazing job as King and Queen.

Not sure about Harry but I'm sure William has accepted Camilla. Wasn't he the best man at his father's wedding to her?

Reactions: 15