Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Stillwater

VIP Member
I think Victoria is just the more famous image tbh. I haven’t seen those QM photos before,

Reactions: 1

BigMavis

VIP Member
She was also Queen Mother (twice)
Or, to my Gran she was ‘the Owd Queen. George V was ‘The Owd King’)

Quite a large proportion of the aristocracy are there because they are descended from The Wrong Side Of The Blanket or because titles were given for services rendered or looking the other way. I think the current Duke of Richmond can trace his ancestry back to Charles II and one of his favourites. That’s probably far enough back in time not to be a problem.
Wasn't Camilla from that sort of lineage?

My2pWorth

VIP Member
Oooo i'd love to try on those tiaras. I bet Charlotte would look amazing in them as well.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Not really King George vi was only In hid 50's when he died and his youngest daughter Princess Margaret was in her 70's, Prince Philip almost made it but didn't. The only one who has lived over 100 is the Queen Mother.
to be fair, most of the grandchildren of George V have made it into at least their late 70’s … of the ones still with us, Prince Richard is the youngest at 77.
There is longevity in those genes, but they can’t combat lifestyle and virtually chain smoking for decades.

Great_Kate

VIP Member
They have to have supercars as police cars out there to catch the speeding supercar owners!
Except that Dubai and the rest of the UAE have speed limits. 110(Dubai) to 160 (Abu-Dhabi) km/h for a highway is pretty low (in comparison to my country where we have still have lots of highways with no speed limit whatsoever). Speeding is also pretty expensive.
I guess there are enough insanely rich people that just don’t care, but in general their police doesn’t actually need those cars. The cities also have very busy roads, so you mostly cannot drive like this even if you wanted to. And no one cares if you hit the gas on some lonely desert road (not that many people would drive their expensive super car on a less than perfect road).

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Did W and K congratulate TQ yesterday? I haven't seen anything.

The Daily Mail mentioned that M and H didn't.
They retweeted a couple of things from the RF account but that was it I think.

I think the DM are just having a dig re The Sussex's as per though H&M are so vocal about so many things, it's a surprise. They managed to comment on Joe Rogan 😄

TYL159

Chatty Member
That doesn’t say much for the UK. How utterly sad and depressing.
Well people don't come to the UK for the weather do they! Plenty come to watch the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace, to see the Trooping of the Colour on Horseguards, to go to Windsor Castle, to watch our royal weddings or Jubilees etc

How have they removed PA’s titles yet Prince Harry has retained his? This is not a dig I am just wondering how the losing of one’s titles works

iknowevery1

Chatty Member
He wouldn't get in trouble under US law I don't believe because sleeping with her was not illegal as she was of age of consent. I don't think - LEGALLY - he broke any laws. Morally - oh yes he is a scumbag and immoral as hell and guilty as hell! According to US law because she is the claimant she has to provide all the hard evidence. I am intrigued to see how this goes - I think because she is the claimant it is why his lawyers are going for a trial believing that she won't have enough to convict. I am not a lawyer but took several law classes so I bet someone else knows more but this is what I understand if I remember my law correctly.

I never saw any videos of Andrew there personally so, I'm just saying these are my thoughts on the matter. I hope everyone involved in this is imprisoned for life- but I don't think anyone will be at all. Too many powerful disgusting evil people involved, and even Andrew will probably come out unscathed just like everyone else ... and that is the real horrific issue here, nobody is going to pay for this. I don't think anything will happen other than Andrew's already awful reputation will be reinforced and the others involved in this will get off scot-free.

re: her story - first it was New Mexico, then it was London, her ages, etc have all changed during different statements made under oath (and in her writing). She already got a payout from Andrew in the past as well.
wasn't the girl 14? that's not age of consent... so LEGALLY he did break a law

mindlessness

VIP Member
I do think it’s odd that there has been nothing original from the Cambridges (and the Sussexes as well) for the Queen’s Accession day. It’s such a big occasion, she’s the only British monarch to reach this milestone so for them to say nothing or just do a retweet seems a bit odd, especially when they do new posts for other occasions not as historic (like birthdays, etc).
My theory is that this was purposeful. Only the Royal Family accounts and Clarence House accounts made posts - focusing on the immediate succession plan and the Queen herself. With the thought that there will be plenty of time for W&K and their social media accounts to celebrate The Queen and her Jubilee over the year.

I suppose the celebration for the jubilee is in June. It must be odd to celebrate your accession day when that is essentially the day your father died.
I was thinking the same. Yesterday I saw the Pathe footage of her getting off the plane in her mourning black - it must've been so strange and sad and scary all at once.

Harrigan

VIP Member
The photographer is Paolo Roversi and usually I like his work. It’s quite ethereal with a turn of the century vibe and sometimes haunting. Definitely get the Cottingley Fairies references. I just don’t think his work has translated well in the red dress and the portrait photo, it’s almost like two different photographers worked on this shoot or they didn’t want it to be too ‘fashion’ or ‘art’ (which is what he is known for) so they dialled it down which seems a silly choice to make.
Here is some of his other work:
View attachment 976565
Hi there
Sorry, I was being sarcastic re the Beckham mention but I just don’t think these particular shots were very good. I think they fall between two stools, so to speak. Yes definitely aiming for ethereal and magical but maybe it’s the actual angle of the head? I don’t know, just not my cup of tea.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
The chalet wasn't 'paid off' until he recently sold it and gave the money to the former owner - it still may not even be in her account yet, as it's only just happened. I suspect the trip Fergie and the girls just took was to have a final holiday there and collect some of their stuff too.

I thought he'd 'found' found over 6 million from somewhere to pay off a debt which allowed him to sell it.