Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Onetwofour

VIP Member
It’s run by Jay Beecher who uses sock accounts to troll people and once described a black woman as a ‘cross between seabiscuit and a transexual fish’. He used to work for UKIP and just seems like an all round moron if his website is anything to go by.
Thank you to make it clearer. What I wanted to say is that as a uninformed reader you have no idea who is behind - there isn't any page with creditentials. Or at least I didn't see it.

Reactions: 2

TYL159

Chatty Member
It would definitely sound like Harry to claim an exceptionalism case when Anne is the one who has been nearly kidnapped and still doesn’t have any extra protection. I can’t believe they don’t realize how ridiculous they sound.
To be fair to Harry he is still higher in the line of succession than Anne. Harry is now 6th while Anne is only 17th.

However if he does come here with his family no reason he cannot pay for his security himself rather than taxpayers doing it

em141

Strange decision. I'd have thought he'd want to avoid a jury trial. Wouldn't be have a better chance with a judge who wouldn't be influenced by emotion whereas a jury might.

Annabanana40

Chatty Member
So most people in the world know the Queen. Meh, so what? Is that enough of a reason to keep the entitled scumbags?
She's been head of state for 70 years and her family a major soap opera with loads of tv shows, books and movies about their personal lives. It's not really comparable to the Irish president.

Reactions: 1

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I know but these days 70's isn't considered to be that old as ordinary people as well as the Royals are living longer. But to say that the Queen will reach a century because that's what they do is OTT.
Oh, absolutely but taking into account the medicine of the times and general illnesses bopping about, the Hanoverians-cum-Saxe-Cobergs have managed as a group to do fairly well in the longevity stakes (not forgetting that Prince Philip also is of that line)

Tinksmum

VIP Member
So
Probably an unpopular opinion but I like Beatrice and Eugenie! They seem harmless enough. I remember Andrew kicked off that they had their Police Protection Officers removed or something?
in a case of pure democracy we will agree to disagree because I am of a different opinion - however i didn’t actually say I didn’t like them but I do believe they are a product of their fathers making….. how’s that? (Further on - I was impressed by the documentary they made)

Eirawen

VIP Member
to be fair, most of the grandchildren of George V have made it into at least their late 70’s … of the ones still with us, Prince Richard is the youngest at 77.
There is longevity in those genes, but they can’t combat lifestyle and virtually chain smoking for decades.
I know but these days 70's isn't considered to be that old as ordinary people as well as the Royals are living longer. But to say that the Queen will reach a century because that's what they do is OTT.

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
Possibly - but I’d imagine it’s also quite public opinion driven as well.

Thats where the hereditary stuff gets very odd. Charles is lucky? That he will be King so there will be some differentiation between the reigns but when William gets invested as PoW whenever he turns up people will be doing a double take for years half expecting to see Charles. The longest tenures of both leave a lasting impression.
Do we think Charles is going to take the job or pass it directly to William? He’s not getting any younger and we all know he doesn’t want to be king ( and not just from The Crown 🤣)

JAR21

VIP Member
I am not sure if HMTQ will pick up his bills just like that. She might hand out part of his inheritance a bit earlier so he can for himself. And you would think he inherited some wealth through his father.
I also don’t think there is any chance he can get his charities or honorary military titles back. Even if he wins the case. They waited very much till the last minute before it looks like they only had to because he was found guilty. I think the case will definitely bring up some bad details- and while it might not be enough to make V win, forever tarnish him even more. They probably got an idea what she was about to claim and what details she might share and decided it was going to be bad enough. Or maybe those who wanted this from the start finally found an ear. Also, the Military personal has finally publicly put some pressure on them to get rid of him. They will do the same if he was about to be assigned back. Same for his charities. Most have already dropped him quietly over the last two years
and no one will say yes if he gets offered to them.

If he had any dignity at all, he would have stepped back from all titles and positions by himself. He could still emphasise his innocence but making it clear he wanted to make sure the monarchy itself is not threatened by his problems. He could cash in on inheritance and I am sure if you liquidise all his assets there is enough for the bills AND a more toned down but still incredible luxurious lifestyle and investments to keep him living in that comfort. They have such warped ideas about how they are entitled to live a certain lifestyle (that’s what made me turn completely on H&M in the end. If you cannot live comfortably with 30mil there is something wrong with you not the others.)

What I find sad, is that they waited so long to take action. The whole Randy Andy problem with shady business tactics, selling yourself and your connections out for profit AND extremely suspicious friendships with certain people and extremely young girls is not new. They should have bagged him long ago, together with his ex. Now there will always be a bitter taste left in regards to their choices of action or rather non-action. I mean, yes you shouldn’t jump the gun at every accusation but Andrew’s actions have harmed the profile of the RF for decades now. Even if he is completely innocent regarding Virginia, there id enough in his past to justify this.
The problem he may have (which could also be a benefit in terms of a pay off) is that any inheritance could be in a trust where he’s the beneficiary, but he can’t control or liquidise the capital. I would have thought that would be the only sensible way of passing on large sums of money without paying millions in tax?

TYL159

Chatty Member
He might be very minor in rank and lost his HRH but that doesn't mean that people won't think less of them as a whole. It might not be one massive thing that gets them out but little things collecting together.
It won't at all beyond republicans, the monarchist majority knows Charles, William and George are next in line not Andrew. In any case the Tories are diehard monarchists, the LDs also back the monarchy and even Starmer now backs a reformed monarchy.

Only chance republicans had of a referendum on the monarchy this generation or next was electing the republican Corbyn with a majority in 2019, Corbyn was trounced