The Radford Family #27 The Radfords try and talk the talk but we know it’s not the dogs they walk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi, New here and a teacher of over 20 years. I don’t think the Radfords stand out in a bad way physically. I also see a lot of potential in a few of them especially Oscar and Max who’s a star. Why isn’t education more of a priority though? This concerns me. I didn’t notice any mention of Ellie’s GCSE results. This is a big day for most teens and a nerve wracking time for parents. Less glamourising teen pregnancies and more education encouragement would be fab to see but can’t see that happening.

Reactions: 40
Hi, New here and a teacher of over 20 years. I don’t think the Radfords stand out in a bad way physically. I also see a lot of potential in a few of them especially Oscar and Max who’s a star. Why isn’t education more of a priority though? This concerns me. I didn’t notice any mention of Ellie’s GCSE results. This is a big day for most teens and a nerve wracking time for parents. Less glamourising teen pregnancies and more education encouragement would be fab to see but can’t see that happening.
Have they ever done a GCSE results vlog? Now that I would enjoy watching…..

Reactions: 17
It’s Casper and Oscar (is it?) I feel sorry for they share a bed! Even in the last episode Casper was saying he didn’t have any room and was squashed by his brother

I thought it was Josh and Max that had the tiny bunkbed room? Oscar and Casper were asking for it but there doesn't seem to be any acknowledgement that there are two teenagers(?) sleeping on bunkbeds in a cupboard

Anyway.... Its chaos whatever it is!

Reactions: 8
I thought it was Josh and Max that had the tiny bunkbed room? Oscar and Casper were asking for it but there doesn't seem to be any acknowledgement that there are two teenagers(?) sleeping on bunkbeds in a cupboard

Anyway.... Its chaos whatever it is!
Oscar and Casper and Archie share the box/attic room upstairs which isn’t much bigger :(

Those 2 boys should have been giving the bedroom it’s so unfair for them to be in the tiny room. Or move Jack who has that massive bedroom in the basement into Chloe’s room and put the boys in there so they have more space to develop and have alone space.
I'd have given Chloe's room to Josh and Max who are in that dingy room that is not fit for two teenage boys, then either offered that box room to Oscar & Casper away from Archie (who does seem a handful), or make the box room a dressing room for the girls. Jacks bedroom in the basement is ridiculous. He should be moved to one of the smaller rooms and the ones who share get that one. The older boys in that family just seem greedy and useless, they're supposed to be adults.

Reactions: 20
Yes it is. Lazy parenting 😡
Agree- when if EVER have any of those kids, teenagers included been taken for regular checkups to a Dentist? Absolutely no excuse, Hallie and Millie being perfect examples... really Sue ? time wasted chillin drinking coffee, dragging your baggy minge around garden centres filming yourself buying shite could have been better spent visiting a Dentist and getting your kids’ teeth seen to...bet her breath smells like a Docker’s armpit....🤢😏

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So Millie is still at home? Is Ophelia still in a cot? Is Millie about to have two cots in her room?
At some point you’ll expect to see Ophelia bunking in with H, P, B & H.

So Millie is still at home? Is Ophelia still in a cot? Is Millie about to have two cots in her room?
At some point you’ll expect to see Ophelia bunking in with H, P, B & H.
I don’t think they will be room for two cots and they isn’t room in girls room on the top floor either. I think Ophelia will sleep in Millie’s bed with her or possible even in Katie’s bed.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I don't think they have their own place (someone correct me if i'm wrong). She lives with her boyfriend at his parents house.

I also don't believe the narrative that Chloe left Uni because Sue couldn't cope. I believe that Chloe couldn't cope with uni and probably wasn't doing very well (let's face it, none of them are very academic), so she ran back home to mummy and daddy to work in the bakery. I honestly don't think she could hack uni.
Well I have to agree. I recall her saying once that Uni is/was waste of time. I think it was a KAC and she was either working with Noel in the bakery or at home, but definitely with Noel chatting casually. And then she said something like 'the parties were good, though'..
As she got trained as a make up artist later on, she could've just gone back to uni to finish her course or do a childcare course anywhere if she wanted to but I genuinely think she was fed up with looking after kids by that time and found out make up is more her thing.

Reactions: 14
Well I have to agree. I recall her saying once that Uni is/was waste of time. I think it was a KAC and she was either working with Noel in the bakery or at home, but definitely with Noel chatting casually. And then she said something like 'the parties were good, though'..
As she got trained as a make up artist later on, she could've just gone back to uni to finish her course or do a childcare course anywhere if she wanted to but I genuinely think she was fed up with looking after kids by that time and found out make up is more her thing.
Did she do training to be a makeup artist? A lot of the girls round here claim they run a business doing fake tans and makeup, but in reality they've just got a fake tan booth and do festival makeup for their mates in their bedroom. The number of them doing fillers without any training is shocking.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Well she moved to a local uni so she could be on hand if anything went wrong whilst Sue was pregnant, then dropped out. She did say at one point she felt it was a waste of time.
Yes she definitely carried on for a couple of years at a local uni. She 'dropped out' not long before she was due to graduate if I remember rightly, which suggests to me she wasn't on track to pass and didn't fancy repeating a year. Otherwise who does that? Even if you've changed your mind on your eventual career path, if you're that close to gaining a degree you see it through. A degree looks far better on a CV and opens up so many more opportunities regardless of what the degree is.

I can quite believe she was pushed into childcare in a sense of what else was she going to do at the time? She literally had no experience of anything else. I can quite believe she'd had enough by the final year of the course and had decided it wasn't for her after all. But I've never known anyone to quit a uni course in the final year unless they're failing. What a waste of 2 1/2 years otherwise.

I feel sorry for any one who dates a Radford. Especially the boys. They can't cook, they can't clean, they can't even wash their own clothes. I bet they don't even put there clothes away. Shocking especially when there over 18. I was cooking, cleaning and washing my own clothes at 12. Not because my mum was lazy because she still did those things too but because she wanted Myself and my siblings to learn to be Independent for when we are older.
Those kids don't have a clue. Again lazy parenting. She would rather baby them all to keep them at home longer.
There all lacking basic skills. Probs why chloe moved to her boyfriends mum's to learn to be independent

Reactions: 17
Yes she definitely carried on for a couple of years at a local uni. She 'dropped out' not long before she was due to graduate if I remember rightly, which suggests to me she wasn't on track to pass and didn't fancy repeating a year. Otherwise who does that? Even if you've changed your mind on your eventual career path, if you're that close to gaining a degree you see it through. A degree looks far better on a CV and opens up so many more opportunities regardless of what the degree is.

I can quite believe she was pushed into childcare in a sense of what else was she going to do at the time? She literally had no experience of anything else. I can quite believe she'd had enough by the final year of the course and had decided it wasn't for her after all. But I've never known anyone to quit a uni course in the final year unless they're failing. What a waste of 2 1/2 years otherwise.
Just re: dropping out in final year, it’s quite common now I think! I finished uni a few years ago, but by final year, it was like a cull. People just couldn’t do more or they’d realised they had absolutely no interest in the course, and these were ones achieving top grades. I’d say in Chloe’s case it was the lack of interest (who could blame her, surrounded by it 24/7. It gets to a point sometimes where you can’t even be bothered looking at any course material!

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Just re: dropping out in final year, it’s quite common now I think! I finished uni a few years ago, but by final year, it was like a cull. People just couldn’t do more or they’d realised they had absolutely no interest in the course, and these were ones achieving top grades. I’d say in Chloe’s case it was the lack of interest (who could blame her, surrounded by it 24/7. It gets to a point sometimes where you can’t even be bothered looking at any course material!
Wow, idiots is all I can say. I know several people from my very specific uni course who didn't end up pursuing the career, for various reasons, but those who made that decision in the final year at least saw it through to gain a vital degree. Why on Earth would anyone that close to gaining a degree throw it away? How bizarre.

I still think Chloe was likely failing anyway though. It's the most logical explanation for why anyone quits that close to the end. If you see it through but fail, it's obvious when you have no graduation ceremony at the end. If you quit, the general public need never know for sure why you quit. Saving face. I've known several people to quit in the first year of a degeee because they believe something isn't for them. Makes sense, why waste the next 2 1/2 years of your life? But if you're already that far in why on Earth wouldn't you see that through, for the reward of a degree at the end?

IF Chloe did simply just quit that late on, and was actually on track to pass, it just shows how rubbish Sue and Noel are at guiding their children to sensible decisions. Most parents would surely encourage their child to see the last few months through, knowing how life changing the end result could be, with far better job prospects afterwards.

Reactions: 9
I wonder if Sue and Noel ever look at each other and go what the heck have we done? In regards to a) having an enormous number of offspring and b) putting their lives and their children's lives out there for all the world to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Oh great, another q&a where they will ignore the interesting questions and answer the usual boring questions of "will there be any more babies" "where would you like to go on holiday" "where did you get your gorgeous orange jumper Sue it's so lovely" 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
If you haven’t seen it, watch Sue’s vlog where she’s “ homeschooling”...an eye opener...as a teacher your honest opinion would be interesting...🤔

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.