The Radford Family (21 Kids and Counting)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because of traffic she said it took her 4 hours to get there but she had Chloe and a few of the kids with her and they went to McDonald’s for breakfast first and Chloe showed a text from Noel that said they had been there since 10.30 am. So say they left at 11 and it took them 4 hours, they didn’t get there until 3pm and Noel was then going back so who collected all the kids from School then? Noel wouldn’t have got back until at least 4.30pm?

They had to download an app as Tilly wanted to track them. If it was my child in hospital and in pain I woul have dropped the kids at school and rushed straight there. Never mind vlogging and stopping at McDonald’s.

Another thing that’s always annoyed me is she’s always late dropping the kids off at school!

Reactions: 8
I’m sure the older kids were around to do the school pick up.

They didn’t have Archie or Bonnie with them (?) so the eldest daughter could have been babysitting.

Reactions: 2
I'm sure Sue said in the last vlog that Chloe was picking the children up from school?

Reactions: 1
I’m sure the older kids were around to do the school pick up.

They didn’t have Archie or Bonnie with them (?) so the eldest daughter could have been babysitting.
Chloe, Bonnie and phoebe were with her going to the hospital so Chloe couldn’t pick them up as they didn’t get to the hospital until 3pm..it’s over an hour back home.

I'm sure Sue said in the last vlog that Chloe was picking the children up from school?
That was the day before.

It’s not really important is it, Noel could have been back for all we know and there’s always Sophie and the other kids.

Reactions: 5
Well if you did you would have noticed Noel was waiting for her to get there so he could go back home. Her not arriving until 3 when presumably he was meant to take Chloe and the younger kids back with him meant he would be late for the other kids.

Reactions: 3
There’s Sophie, Millie, Katie and the older boys too I’m sure they didn’t just leave the kids at school

• Haha
The latest vlog is a bit sad hearing how upset Tillie is. It reminded me of when my own child was in hospital, he hated it. It traumatised him as a child and he's now really scared of hospitals. He can't even watch medical programmes on TV.

I think they need to be careful vlogging on the Ward as you could see another parent and a Nurse. They should have blurred the faces out.

Reactions: 6
The latest vlog is a bit sad hearing how upset Tillie is. It reminded me of when my own child was in hospital, he hated it. It traumatised him as a child and he's now really scared of hospitals. He can't even watch medical programmes on TV.

I think they need to be careful vlogging on the Ward as you could see another parent and a Nurse. They should have blurred the faces out.
I work in ICU and we allow no filming and no photography. It’s a place of healing, not vlogging.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I agree. I don't think they should be vlogging. They showed her today but they said she won't let them show her leg. They should have kept it private. Their fans will probably say they're helping others who may have to go through the same thing but I wouldn't want to watch how upset she is and how she can't even look at the leg. Poor girl.

When my son was in hospital it was mainly me who stayed with him as he wanted me but also I wanted to be with him. I wonder who Tillie would prefer..it seems a shame they have such a large family and too many young ones that they can't give 100% to her.

I agree. I don't think they should be vlogging. They showed her today but they said she won't let them show her leg. They should have kept it private. Their fans will probably say they're helping others who may have to go through the same thing but I wouldn't want to watch how upset she is and how she can't even look at the leg. Poor girl.

When my son was in hospital it was mainly me who stayed with him as he wanted me but also I wanted to be with him. I wonder who Tillie would prefer..it seems a shame they have such a large family and too many young ones that they can't give 100% to her.
While I don’t have any issue with people sharing their journey, their surgery, their treatment... it’s a different issue when it’s a minor. I wouldn’t share my young sons treatment with his heart as he doesn’t have the capacity to consent. If they are that desperate to share Tilly’s journey to help other parents, do a damn vlog with q&as when she is home. Concentrate on comforting your damn child.

Sorry I detest social media in a medical setting. I’ve had a lot of families wanting to take photos with us, video procedures etc. I know a lot of people have a different opinion to me on this (including work colleagues) but let me do my damn job.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I work in ICU and we allow no filming and no photography. It’s a place of healing, not vlogging.
Alot of people take photos though of family in ICU. You see it alot in magazines. I'm assuming people want photos to show the person when they wake up or even for a last photo. Is this sort of thing not allowed?

I can completely understand why it wouldn't be but I'm just curious because it seems alot of people do.

Alot of people take photos though of family in ICU. You see it alot in magazines. I'm assuming people want photos to show the person when they wake up or even for a last photo. Is this sort of thing not allowed?

I can completely understand why it wouldn't be but I'm just curious because it seems alot of people do.
I think maybe I’m coming across as an old bat with no compassion. Last photos, a few photos... yes. That’s fine. A full on vlogging situation? No, not really.

I’m not saying all nurses hate photos on the ward, some love it and like you say, in certain situations it’s appropriate. However I don’t like it, especially if it’s an “influencer”. I’ve had people taking videos, vlogging, photos and exaggerating their condition which leads to distress from friends and family. I’ve had people put up snapchats/tweets of photos without consent of staff members/other patients. It’s a violation of privacy.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I was really surprised they were vlogging in an open ward. In our Trust there are signs everywhere that photography/filming is forbidden. It was very unwise of them not to blur the visible people out.

Noel is the one who edits and uploads the vlogs. He needs to learn how to blur background faces out. Or, maybe pull the curtain around whilst they’re vlogging?

Reactions: 4
I think maybe I’m coming across as an old bat with no compassion. Last photos, a few photos... yes. That’s fine. A full on vlogging situation? No, not really.

I’m not saying all nurses hate photos on the ward, some love it and like you say, in certain situations it’s appropriate. However I don’t like it, especially if it’s an “influencer”. I’ve had people taking videos, vlogging, photos and exaggerating their condition which leads to distress from friends and family. I’ve had people put up snapchats/tweets of photos without consent of staff members/other patients. It’s a violation of privacy.
Oh no I completely agree, vlogging is disrespectful on a hospital ward when people are at there most vunerble

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.