The Radford Family (21 Kids and Counting)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s with the long intro with a clash of music, not sure what Noel’s done but it sounds awful.
Poor Tillie, she didn’t look like she wanted to be on camera 😰

Reactions: 2
I don’t like the new intro they’ve added. I saw Sue pregnant and thought she was having another one!

On stories the girls are visiting Tillie and you can see her leg. Not sure if she’s said they can film it now as originally they said she didn’t want them to? She must be feeling better as the leg is uncovered whereas they said she can’t look at it and likes it to be covered.

Reactions: 2
Latest vlog she is in the HDU so I’m surprised they’re allowed to vlog. Feel sorry for Tillie. Sue says she’s depressed (Tillie not Sue).

Reactions: 1
These vlogs are absolutely heartbreaking. I was full on crying for her. Im not sure they should be uploading this. It’s not helping anyone right now.

Reactions: 8
There's some things that should just remain private and your child's pain and discomfort is definitely one of those things. Poor Tilly looks so fed up and rightly so

Reactions: 15
I just don’t understand how they could stop vlogging for a month due to being upset over a bereavement (which is totally justified and fair don’t get me wrong) but then their little girl is in so much pain and so poorly in hospital and that’s not too upsetting to vlog really frequently. I know people ask about how she’s doing but a simple text post “she’s feeling a bit better today and appreciates you all caring about her” would surely be better than filming her in her hospital bed groggy from the meds.

Imagine having your childhood hospital stay up on the internet for anyone to watch when you’re in secondary school

Reactions: 12
Poor little girl, it is heartbreaking to watch and I couldn't get to the end.
From reading the comments, it seems that part of the reason The Radfords are vlogging, is to help kids about to undergo operations understand the process. But it's misguided to think that, seeing a child's obvious pain and depression won't achieve anything as not all ops are equal and not all children and their families will react in identical ways.
That's before even considering Tillie's need for an advocate in her vulnerable state.
HDU is there for a reason, it's not a studio..it's for poorly people to recover under close medical observation. I've had a child on ITU, then HDU. It's not a camera sort of place, honestly, it's like a medical bubble..a sort of world you've been transported to because you have to be. It's sombre and respectful and far removed from anyone's normal.
At least it was 17 years ago when I was displaced on to it.
I very much doubt the psychologist who is about to visit Tillie would disagree with any of the above either.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
They don't need to help prepare other children for their operations and saying that they're doing it in the name of advocacy is laughable. It's just content to them at the end of the day.

Somethings should be kept private.

Reactions: 9
I don’t usually comment on tattle - I usually have a read and agree or disagree to myself quietly. But I couldn’t not comment on this. Tillie looks fed up and absolutely exhausted bless her heart, there is no chance I would be filming my child during this stage of recovery. My daughter has unfortunately had lots of surgeries, stays on PICU, hdu and general wards.
We’ve obviously took pictures of her - particularly because she was 2’days old for her first surgery, but only a couple were uploaded to my PRIVATE social media, there is no chance any sensitive heartbreaking ones would have been. Social media doesn’t expire - these videos and pictures will be available for anyone to find and see - and I’m always so aware, that when she’s older she won’t want to see heartbreaking pictures of herself all over social media.
Shame on them - filming for more likes and subscribers. If Tillie is as depressed as they say she is then they should be putting 100% into getting her spirit up and aiding her recovery, not shoving a camera in her face and filming her leg that’s caused her lots of distress :(. Poor love, hope she recovers quickly and isn’t too traumatised.

Reactions: 4
At the end of the day these vlogs are only 20 mins max long. They are giving there all into Tillie because most the time when they are updating her she is sleeping. Please remember we are only seeing a little snippet of their time in hospital

Reactions: 3
No one is doubting they are being there for her 100%, what doesn’t seem right is that they are filming her depressed, and in severe pain. And then uploading this to YouTube for anyone to watch.

Reactions: 8
The point people are trying to make is that they don’t need to be posting at all. It’s not going to prepare kids and will probably make them scared.

Reactions: 6
Yesterday’s vlog they said it was Day 4 since her op but on Instagram stories at the weekend they showed her sat in a chair with her sisters around her and she looked more cheerful. She had the canulas out of her hands and the leg was on display.

She also posted yesterday that she should be allowed home Thursday or Friday.

I know Tillie loves YouTube and she wants her own vlog so I suppose she might be saying they can film her?

I don’t know how she’s going to cope when she has to go back in a month for another op as she’s obviously been traumatised. Poor kid.

Sue and Noel have clicked on and want loads of freebies from people who watch their vlogs. They are just like the inghams. I remember when Tilly was looking through the Christmas catalog and choosing what she would like sue was zooming in with the camera. I think it was the lol doll house. I used to like sue and Noel but now I don’t they tell so many lies. However, I do like Tilly and hope she has a quick recovery- my son had 9 operations in 5 months it’s not nice and somethings are best left private.

The vlogs are obviously behind.
I know...but by posting them when they're behind they are obviously getting comments telling her to get better etc. Even the intro says how bad she's feeling rather than say 'this was three days ago, she's feeling a lot better now'. They're after engagement.

Sue and Noel have clicked on and want loads of freebies from people who watch their vlogs. They are just like the inghams. I remember when Tilly was looking through the Christmas catalog and choosing what she would like sue was zooming in with the camera. I think it was the lol doll house. I used to like sue and Noel but now I don’t they tell so many lies. However, I do like Tilly and hope she has a quick recovery- my son had 9 operations in 5 months it’s not nice and somethings are best left private.
They also put the PO Box/shop address right up to the camera.

They also put the PO Box/shop address right up to the camera.
The address is listed on their vlogs. They did have a PO Box previously but since Tillie has been in hospital they're using the shop address. Maybe because they haven't time to go to the PO Box? They added this on yesterdays vlog info.

We have been asked quite a few times where a get well card could be sent to Tillie. If you would like to send one please send to this address. (I've deleted the address but it's visible on their vlogs).

Is Sue surgically attached to that green jumper, she has it on all the time, for the love of god woman change your top

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Is the green jumper for film continuity so no one can judge how much she is/isn’t there?

Or know what day it is!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.