The Radford Family (21 Kids and Counting)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chloe said on her Insta Tillie’s op is not for a couple of weeks. That’s not why they haven’t posted.

Reactions: 2
I think her op is next Tuesday. Tuesday 17th. She said it on a post or insta stories

So now poor little Tillie is having her operation they manage to post on insta about packing the hospital bag and an update partway through her surgery, but all they've otherwise posted since a summer of free holidays is a video of the kids eating doughnuts and a few ads on Instagram.

I don’t like the idea of a live update of a 9 (8?) year old having surgery to thousands of strangers, but especially that being their only engagement in weeks. I’d have more respect for them if they continued to not post and kept it private

So now poor little Tillie is having her operation they manage to post on insta about packing the hospital bag and an update partway through her surgery, but all they've otherwise posted since a summer of free holidays is a video of the kids eating doughnuts and a few ads on Instagram.

I don’t like the idea of a live update of a 9 (8?) year old having surgery to thousands of strangers, but especially that being their only engagement in weeks. I’d have more respect for them if they continued to not post and kept it private
They said before that Tillie was allowed to pick the holiday destination due to her op, so maybe they are 'reaching out' to companies hoping for a #spon. Interesting that they posted about the arrival of her wheelchair but no mention of the arrival of Frenchie #2.
Hope she recovers quickly!

Reactions: 3
I imagine she posted the operation update as she was being bombarded with requests from their following. They have some very dedicated fans!

Glad Tillie is OK.

Reactions: 4
What surgery is Tillie having, is she the little one who had hip dysplasia?

I only ask I have hip dysplasia and had surgery at Christmas. I’m all for more awareness!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
What surgery is Tillie having, is she the little one who had hip dysplasia?

I only ask I have hip dysplasia and had surgery at Christmas. I’m all for more awareness!
No she had a leg that stopped growing or something so getting it longer

Oh bless the little sausage. Any ortho surgery is brutal, especially for a little person.
I just rewatched the vlog where Noel explains it and also called it her sexy leg! 🙈

When she was 18 months old she had a fit and was taken to hospital where they couldn’t get a line into her veins so had to drill into her shin bone. Once she was better they noticed she couldn’t walk so took her back to hospital where they scanned it and the Dr noticed there was an infection where they had drilled into the bone but said to leave it as it would clear up on its own. Then a few years later they noticed the bone at the side of her leg was sticking out. Turns out the infection killed off the growth plate so the bone stopped growing but the other bone carried on growing but was sticking out, so she had an op but that hasn’t worked so then the difference in her leg length was affecting her hip so now she has to have a bigger op to fit a frame to grow the leg 😱

I wonder if they’ve put in a claim against the Hospital for not treating the initial infection in the bone? 🤔

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I just rewatched the vlog where Noel explains it and also called it her sexy leg! 🙈

When she was 18 months old she had a fit and was taken to hospital where they couldn’t get a line into her veins so had to drill into her shin bone. Once she was better they noticed she couldn’t walk so took her back to hospital where they scanned it and the Dr noticed there was an infection where they had drilled into the bone but said to leave it as it would clear up on its own. Then a few years later they noticed the bone at the side of her leg was sticking out. Turns out the infection killed off the growth plate so the bone stopped growing but the other bone carried on growing but was sticking out, so she had an op but that hasn’t worked so then the difference in her leg length was affecting her hip so now she has to have a bigger op to fit a frame to grow the leg 😱

I wonder if they’ve put in a claim against the Hospital for not treating the initial infection in the bone? 🤔
Oh my god! The line they put in is called an IZO line, and use to be called a “bone gun”. I use them a lot in ICU. I’ve never seen or heard of this, I’m definitely going to email the company to ask for details about this. We get told all the time how we shouldn’t waste time on codes with finding a line and should get out the IZO!

I always feel sorry for little Archie. He never really had the chance to be the baby and I feel he gets left out alot.

They’ve got a new vlog out about Tillie’s op. I’ve noticed they don’t give their PO Box No. but an address that appears to be the Bakery address!

They’ve been absent from vlogging because Noel’s Mum died but he didn’t want to mention it on social media as his mum didn’t like SM.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Yes condolences to them for Noel's mum.

Hope Tilly is on the mend, I assume she went to a local hospital rather than Liverpool as they only left the house half an hour before she had to be in.

Yes condolences to them for Noel's mum.

Hope Tilly is on the mend, I assume she went to a local hospital rather than Liverpool as they only left the house half an hour before she had to be in.
Maybe they had to change it to be nearer home but I doubt it. It looked modern and Alder Hey new hospital looks like that.

They’re definitely at Alder Hey as in the new vlog she says how long it took to get there. They’re taking it in turns each night to stay with Tillie. Poor thing sounds like she’s in a lot of pain.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
O just looked up Morecambe to Alder Hey and it's only just over an hours drive. The way they went on about it being so difficult when they found out about the OP I thought it would be at least a four hour drive!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.