The Radford Family (21 Kids and Counting)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But if they are taking gifts and not declaring them then surely companys are going to stop sending them stuff because its not being advertised.
When companys send this stuff its not really a gift, they expect advertisement.
It’s ‘free’ advertising and what works best. It’s influencing on recommendations which is the most effective form of advertising.

I am feeling the need to email clarks and the others giving away school supplies to all these vloggers.

It would be a much nicer gesture if they were to give a voucher for schoes or some uniform to a food bank for people who need it.

Its something I have noticed between UK and US vloggers, alot of the US vloggers get freebies but also do competitions to pass it on, I was watching a family yesterday who were saying that in the past they had struggled to feed the kids so went back to their old neighbourhood store and paid for peoples grocerys. I was in tears because it was lovely.
UK vloggers are alot more materialistic and greedy.

Reactions: 11
I am feeling the need to email clarks and the others giving away school supplies to all these vloggers.

It would be a much nicer gesture if they were to give a voucher for schoes or some uniform to a food bank for people who need it.

Its something I have noticed between UK and US vloggers, alot of the US vloggers get freebies but also do competitions to pass it on, I was watching a family yesterday who were saying that in the past they had struggled to feed the kids so went back to their old neighbourhood store and paid for peoples grocerys. I was in tears because it was lovely.
UK vloggers are alot more materialistic and greedy.
To be honest the Radford children lead such awful lives before with so little I kind of feel that some good shoes and clothes and holidays in some way compensate for the life their parents forced them into.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
But if they are taking gifts and not declaring them then surely companys are going to stop sending them stuff because its not being advertised.
Clark’s have been gifting other vloggers so the fact Sue has posted a photo of the shoe boxes and mentioned Clark’s is still advertising them.

I’ve seen on other threads people wondering why such a well known brand as Clark’s are gifting but I gave up buying Clark’s school shoes years ago as they’re so expensive plus my boys used to wreck their school shoes so I just bought them cheap supermarket brand shoes. I don’t think Clark’s sell as many school shoes nowadays because of their prices.

I would still recommend them for kids first shoes and up until certain sizes but once the child size goes to over size 1 the prices get ridiculous.

Reactions: 2
To be honest the Rashford children lead such awful lives before with so little I kind of feel that some good shoes and clothes and holidays in some way compensate for the life their parents forced them into.
Yes your right, from what I noticed in the past once they reached a certain age they really did get less.
Its good that they are getting opportunity's to live a better life, but do new shoes and a couple of free holidays really make up for the daily life?

As I have said I used to really like the family but they have changed, its become all about the money and freebies., but they will only last so long.
It just would be nice to see it also passed on to people who really need it.

Clark’s have been gifting other vloggers so the fact Sue has posted a photo of the shoe boxes and mentioned Clark’s is still advertising them.

I’ve seen on other threads people wondering why such a well known brand as Clark’s are gifting but I gave up buying Clark’s school shoes years ago as they’re so expensive plus my boys used to wreck their school shoes so I just bought them cheap supermarket brand shoes. I don’t think Clark’s sell as many school shoes nowadays because of their prices.

I would still recommend them for kids first shoes and up until certain sizes but once the child size goes to over size 1 the prices get ridiculous.
I think they are gifted too. 9 pairs, 9 kids in school including secondary, most secondary kids dont want clarks but cant turn down a freebie.

Reactions: 3

Mine won’t wear them past about 10. My secondary age have dr martens which have done 2 years so work out worth the investment. I do buy Clark’s but only on the sale and my kids will return to school in their startrite shoes which still fit, they don’t need new just because it’s September. Most of Clark’s styles are now not very good quality but I buy them (or startrite) for the reason that I can get them replaced if the quality fails whilst they still fit. I’ve often had them replaced after 3/4 months as a school shoe costing £40 should last more than 6 months provided it’s not outgrown.

I saw a local post on my Facebook of a charity set up to give away free school Uniforms. It was all secondhand but knowing most people buy new uniforms every year so the second hand stuff can still be good quality, I thought it was an excellent idea.

I always donate my kids old uniforms to charity shops but in future I will give it to this ‘free’ one.

Reactions: 6
Yes your right, from what I noticed in the past once they reached a certain age they really did get less.
Its good that they are getting opportunity's to live a better life, but do new shoes and a couple of free holidays really make up for the daily life?

As I have said I used to really like the family but they have changed, its become all about the money and freebies., but they will only last so long.
It just would be nice to see it also passed on to people who really need it.

I think they are gifted too. 9 pairs, 9 kids in school including secondary, most secondary kids dont want clarks but cant turn down a freebie.
I don’t think shoes clothes and holidays make up for that lifestyle at all, but I can’t begrudge these poor kids those things. It must be nice for them after so many years of half a pork chop and an old pair of shoes whilst the 45th pram is bought.

Reactions: 5
I only became aware of the family through the channel 4 programme but I don’t remember thinking they looked like they were going without?

I only became aware of the family through the channel 4 programme but I don’t remember thinking they looked like they were going without?
They used to look fairly poorly clothed and like they did nothing but stay in the house on screens except for a holiday every now and again.

• Sad
I saw a local post on my Facebook of a charity set up to give away free school Uniforms. It was all secondhand but knowing most people buy new uniforms every year so the second hand stuff can still be good quality, I thought it was an excellent idea.

I always donate my kids old uniforms to charity shops but in future I will give it to this ‘free’ one.
I have seen these too and think they are a great idea. With cuts to benefits and people really struggling I am glad people are doing this to help others out. I am sure some of these big companys could lend a hand too.

to me the babies didnt look like they went without, but as they got older they seamed to get less, the middle kids the worst.

I don't think it is always in the best interest of the company to have it advertised as a #gift. The Radfords got one of those boiling taps for example, spoke a lot about it, raved about how good it was, where they got it from. It was mentioned on several of the vlogs. Much later down the line it was posted as a photo and an #ad was embedded. To their followers it initially seemed as if they had bought it off their own bat and really liked it, encouraging others to get one too. To me when I realized it was an #ad their love for it seemed a lot less authentic. I don't know if the companies care or not as long as they get the item talked about. Looking back on it the Radfords do so much product placement that they didn't declare.

Reactions: 7
I will be giving Clark’s a miss this year. We bought an emergency pair of school shoes in Asda in late June and I honestly can’t see any difference and we’ve bought Clark’s school shoes for 7 years previously.

Reactions: 6
They’ve disabled comments as well! If it’s not #gifted then why even post the pic advertising Clarks?

• Haha
Sue won’t like knowing they have a thread on here as she hates criticism and normally deletes it if she has that option!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.