The Radford Family #2 21 Kids and still Counting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently she slipped on laminate floor.
Her injury is nothing more than an inconvenience to sue and Noel. A few weeks before she had the fall, sue was thrilled because they had enough time to go on holiday and in her words ‘didn’t have to put their life on hold’. How missing a few holidays in the interest of your daughters recovery can be classed as putting your life I hold I’ll never know.
But I can’t imagine how awful it would have been for Tillie if her fall had happened abroad. Strange hospital, language barriers, the flight home or being too ill to fly home and watching most of the family go home leaving her (with a parent obviously)
Bloody parents are a liability!!
it's disgusting. When my son was sick (cancer) we literally put our whole life on hold for him. We had a holiday booked when he was diagnosed, months away, but we cancelled it. We were in the process of getting a rescue dog but had to also stop that as we knew it wasn't a good time. We were planning to try to conceive a baby but also put that off (although I ended up accidentally pregnant, but that's a story for another day lol). Our life became all about him. Anything else we just scrapped as it wouldn't have been fair on him.
I know they can't do that with 20+ children but it's sad that there doesn't seem to be much consideration for Tillie or her condition. Poor sweet girl. I hope she really does recover well soon.

When they found out that she was going to need the operation Sue must have said about 5 times in one vlog about how it was going to be such a nightmare for them as the hospital was over an hour away. Tillie was in the back of the car and I felt so bad for her, instead of focusing on how they could make it as easy for her it was all about how inconvenient it would be for the parents.
That's just sad. We also had to travel around an hour to my sons hospital, my only worry was his health and him getting better. I would've travelled 9 hours a day if it meant he could get the treatment. Distance didn't even cross my mind.

Poor Tillie having to listen to that. I appreciate that it is an inconvenience with so many kids at home (my son was my only child at that point, so I guess it didn't matter) but at least don't let said child listen to how much of an inconvenience their important medical procedure is going to be :(

Reactions: 9
it's disgusting. When my son was sick (cancer) we literally put our whole life on hold for him. We had a holiday booked when he was diagnosed, months away, but we cancelled it. We were in the process of getting a rescue dog but had to also stop that as we knew it wasn't a good time. We were planning to try to conceive a baby but also put that off (although I ended up accidentally pregnant, but that's a story for another day lol). Our life became all about him. Anything else we just scrapped as it wouldn't have been fair on him.
I know they can't do that with 20+ children but it's sad that there doesn't seem to be much consideration for Tillie or her condition. Poor sweet girl. I hope she really does recover well soon.

That's just sad. We also had to travel around an hour to my sons hospital, my only worry was his health and him getting better. I would've travelled 9 hours a day if it meant he could get the treatment. Distance didn't even cross my mind.

Poor Tillie having to listen to that. I appreciate that it is an inconvenience with so many kids at home (my son was my only child at that point, so I guess it didn't matter) but at least don't let said child listen to how much of an inconvenience their important medical procedure is going to be :(
How is your son now? That sounds like it was so tough on everyone.

Reactions: 1
I have absolutely no idea why this family have so many fans. They are clearly addicted to having babies and all the excitement and attention that goes with it. How can any of those kids get more than 5 minutes of attention?! It’s not fair on them. What if one of the older ones is heartbroken over a boyfriend and needs to chat, another one needs to talk money problems, help with homework, taking somewhere, nappy changing, feels ill.. I think it’s pure selfishness. Let alone the strain on local school places, doctor surgeries etc. People say ‘fair enough if they have enough money, good for them’ but it’s not always about money, it’s time! How can they actually parent that many kids? Rant over 😬.

Reactions: 6
Of course Tillie is an inconvenience. For Sue shes past that little kid stage and Noel to me is just a cold man and I believe hes very calm on vlogs but when that camera goes off, its a whole other story.

The poor girl needs someone to really put her first but it just wont happen. She does look very pale and frail but there are a couple of the older girls who always do too.
when shes already had one accident there is no way the hospital think its a good idea for her to travel up and down stairs with her leg, no one is fooled. There just isnt the space to put her downstairs for what she needs and even if there was I am sure the little kids would be all over it.
I dont believe the ramp will materialise. I still think Noel is being tight with the money but the Christmas presents are either from subscribers, brand deals or gifted. Anything thats not gifted will be seen as good to vlog.

Their vlogs drive me mad, its hard enough to watch because neither of them have much personality but when they are talking there is always a kids shouting over them or trying to get some attention.

Reactions: 7
Do the older kids have social lives? Like out with friends, sleepovers? Doing what normal teens do? I have always felt like they’re a weird cult. I remember when I first saw them on a tv programme and there was another mum on there who had a blog and wanted to move to a farm with her kids she didn’t like people interfering think she had 9 kids, always wondered what happened to her to.

Reactions: 5
Do the older kids have social lives? Like out with friends, sleepovers? Doing what normal teens do? I have always felt like they’re a weird cult. I remember when I first saw them on a tv programme and there was another mum on there who had a blog and wanted to move to a farm with her kids she didn’t like people interfering think she had 9 kids, always wondered what happened to her to.
I think the middle teens will be able to socialize as the oldest ones are the substitute carers. The mum of 13 you are referring to who wanted to move to a farm got divorced recently. Several years back they decided to scrap the farm idea as that would have tied them down to one place and they went travelling instead. She got with an old friend but I don't think they are together any more.

I have absolutely no idea why this family have so many fans. They are clearly addicted to having babies and all the excitement and attention that goes with it. How can any of those kids get more than 5 minutes of attention?! It’s not fair on them. What if one of the older ones is heartbroken over a boyfriend and needs to chat, another one needs to talk money problems, help with homework, taking somewhere, nappy changing, feels ill.. I think it’s pure selfishness. Let alone the strain on local school places, doctor surgeries etc. People say ‘fair enough if they have enough money, good for them’ but it’s not always about money, it’s time! How can they actually parent that many kids? Rant over 😬.
I think the appeal was that we as the viewer only saw a very edited view of their lives on one programme a year. There was a lot of mystery and intrigue about how these two hard workers raised a huge family from a small family run business. I think now that they have started vlogging many will have lost that appeal. Their vlogs are very boring and chaotic, but not in a good way. It is very obvious that it is merely crowd control, children are constantly vying for attention, constant noise and now Noel seems at home most of the time. The shift towards a very consumer driven lifestyle is the complete antithesis of how they started out and I think many have got bored of it by now. People will still watch though to see how the family progresses.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I’m sure if the doctors had any genuine concerns about her recovery etc then they would have kept her in for a certain amount of time.
The NHS is always under a lot of strain around this time of year so will want to keep Tillie in hospital for as little time as possible. They probably assumed the parents would ensure she was as safe as possible at home.

Reactions: 1
You didn’t do anything wrong. Someone corrected your spelling but looks like the moderators have given them a warning now.
Thank goodness. Please don't let Tattle turn into bloody Mumsnet where every grammatical, spelling or syntax error is picked over with glee by the saddos with no life. It's particularly annoying on Mumsnet because there's no edit facility. So if your predictive text throws a wobbly then you immediately get jumped on for saying "you're" instead of "your". It's incredibly tedious and one of the many reasons I prefer Tattle.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
on the subject of the radford xmas dinner.....
anyone else cook more for a family of 6 than they did for their entire lot????
i get they like to be thrifty and what not but lord

Reactions: 4
They had about 10 cakes and desserts didn’t they? Fill up on rubbish.
best part of xmas dinner is the meat,sprouts and stuffing (imo) not the sweets.
you can have cake all year round (its cheap and easy to come by) but theres something about xmas indulgent mains that are awesome

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.