The Radford Family #2 21 Kids and still Counting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking at their Christmas morning photos, I have one question - where do they put all that stuff? Every year is the same, they all get tons of toys and many of them are large items so where do they put it all? Their bedrooms don’t seem big enough...
I don't think they keep toys and the like to hand down, when the kids are bored of/outgrow something or (more likely) it gets broken they probably just lash it.
Even early on in their 'fame' it's been clear they prioritise fun spending like toys for the kids, new prams and baby clothes/equipment, yet they're tight with their food budget. I remember Noel mentioning the kids were limited to 2 fishfingers each, pretty sure those teenage lads need more than that!

Reactions: 5
I don't think they keep toys and the like to hand down, when the kids are bored of/outgrow something or (more likely) it gets broken they probably just lash it.
Even early on in their 'fame' it's been clear they prioritise fun spending like toys for the kids, new prams and baby clothes/equipment, yet they're tight with their food budget. I remember Noel mentioning the kids were limited to 2 fishfingers each, pretty sure those teenage lads need more than that!
The impression Ive got is that theyre tight on the budget for their meals, but the fridges and cupboards are always full of snacks which the kids help themselves to. Theyd be healthier ans richer if they did more filling meals and cut down on snacking.

Quite a few comments on this video asking how they fund all of these presents. The replies are hilarious, someone said that Noel doesn't waste any food so they save so much money that way :ROFLMAO: Others saying that the little ones got a few cheap presents each, so it wouldn't really cost that much :unsure:
I reckon they have some sort of collab with LOL, even after Tillie's first op Sue was saying Tillie loves LOL stuff and they were looking through a catalogue. She got it for after her op, her birthday and now christmas, with lots of close ups and frequent mentions of the brand. There is no way the children will have space for all of those things in their rooms, it will be interesting to see if there's stuff in the living room over the next few weeks. Speaking of the living room, their decorating tastes just seem to go from bad to worse. That feature wall paper is definitely a bargain bin buy. The room was grubby before but there was a homely feel, it just looks cold and cheap now.

The impression Ive got is that theyre tight on the budget for their meals, but the fridges and cupboards are always full of snacks which the kids help themselves to. Theyd be healthier ans richer if they did more filling meals and cut down on snacking.
These products are definitely placements, until recently they always said they weren't allowed to snack between meals and they never bought branded stuff. Now all you see are Dairylea dunkers and a certain brand of yoghurt in the fridge. There is absolutely no way they are buying those in their £250 a week shopping budget.

Is it the Radfords themselves selling stories about themselves to The Sun? I've seen at least 3 in the past two weeks. Christmas and all those branded toys/products must have hit them HARD

Reactions: 4
Is it the Radfords themselves selling stories about themselves to The Sun? I've seen at least 3 in the past two weeks. Christmas and all those branded toys/products must have hit them HARD
The one about the christmas bedroom makeover was just picked up by the Sun as Sue made a point of saying that they had no involvement. I assume by deduction that all of the other articles are are collab.

Reactions: 1
I Agree-Casper is my favourite. He's such a sweet, sensitive kid.
This sort of comment would make me instantly remove my children from the public eye. People having favourite children from a strangers family. It’s so so wrong. Those poor children.

The one about the christmas bedroom makeover was just picked up by the Sun as Sue made a point of saying that they had no involvement. I assume by deduction that all of the other articles are are collab.
I saw one about the Christmas Eve banquet and I just saw one today, something like "this is how Britain's largest family does Christmas"

Quite a few comments on this video asking how they fund all of these presents. The replies are hilarious, someone said that Noel doesn't waste any food so they save so much money that way :ROFLMAO: Others saying that the little ones got a few cheap presents each, so it wouldn't really cost that much :unsure:
I reckon they have some sort of collab with LOL, even after Tillie's first op Sue was saying Tillie loves LOL stuff and they were looking through a catalogue. She got it for after her op, her birthday and now christmas, with lots of close ups and frequent mentions of the brand. There is no way the children will have space for all of those things in their rooms, it will be interesting to see if there's stuff in the living room over the next few weeks. Speaking of the living room, their decorating tastes just seem to go from bad to worse. That feature wall paper is definitely a bargain bin buy. The room was grubby before but there was a homely feel, it just looks cold and cheap now.

These products are definitely placements, until recently they always said they weren't allowed to snack between meals and they never bought branded stuff. Now all you see are Dairylea dunkers and a certain brand of yoghurt in the fridge. There is absolutely no way they are buying those in their £250 a week shopping budget.
My daughter watches a lot of vloggers and she says she thinks a lot of them have a collab with LOL as all their kids got them at Christmas. I've noticed comments in the past on LOL stuff from people asking how they got the certain one as they're only available in America!

The comments from their little fanatics make me laugh. If anyone posts a slightly negative comment, they're jumped on.

I agree about the front room decor. I don't like it. I bet that flooring will get scratched with all the toys and ride on toys!

I noticed when they went outside on xmas eve to sprinkle the reindeer dust that it didn't look like they had the ramp yet? Then in the xmas day vlog they're telling Tillie to make sure her seatbelt is fastened in the wheelchair but it looked very loose. Poor Tillie is looking very frail.

The gaming chair one of their older sons got is about £199 but Sue made a point of filming him opening it and getting the brand name in, so I expect that was a freebie.

That coat Millie got...I don't know where it's from but it looked expensive and she said 'I said to my friend i didn't think I'd get it as I only asked for it on xmas eve'! So probably another gifted item.

I noticed a few nintendos as well. Probably another collab. Someone sent Tillie one when she came out of hospital and it was featured in the vlog but you never notice any comments from the person who sent it so are they really sent by 'fans' or are they gifted?!

This sort of comment would make me instantly remove my children from the public eye. People having favourite children from a strangers family. It’s so so wrong. Those poor children.
I agree. I always find these comments worrying.

LOL toys are expensive and Tillie got huge sets, so Im definitely thinking #gifted. I also think Sue really makes the most of the black friday sales, especially with those nintendos and the expensive brand clothes the older kids got. I was really surprised by them splurging out on big, expensive toys for Hallie, Phoebe, Archie, and Bonnie. Those kids are only little and don't understand the value of money, so would be pefectly happy with cheaper toys. Another surprise was no shared presents in such a big family... again would it not be cheaper to get a bigger toy (eg wendy house, train set) for the little ones to share? They obviously leave Sue to presents because she has no sense of budgeting and no impulse control, must've racked up some debt from this Christmas, as everything wont have been #gifted.

Reactions: 1
LOL toys are expensive and Tillie got huge sets, so Im definitely thinking #gifted. I also think Sue really makes the most of the black friday sales, especially with those nintendos and the expensive brand clothes the older kids got. I was really surprised by them splurging out on big, expensive toys for Hallie, Phoebe, Archie, and Bonnie. Those kids are only little and don't understand the value of money, so would be pefectly happy with cheaper toys. Another surprise was no shared presents in such a big family... again would it not be cheaper to get a bigger toy (eg wendy house, train set) for the little ones to share? They obviously leave Sue to presents because she has no sense of budgeting and no impulse control, must've racked up some debt from this Christmas, as everything wont have been #gifted.
So naive. If not gifted they’ll be offset as business costs due to vlogging 🙄
They ‘need’ content for their vlogs so will be able to put it in as business costs for the business. Keep the turnover as low as possible so they can still get uniform grants and EVERY BIT Of GOVERNMENT MONEY POSSIBLE.

I was merely pointing out that out of all the kids- Casper is the one that stands out with the kindest attributes. I'm not a fan of the family at all, so no need to imply i'm some sort of weirdo fan who is obsessed with them :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6
For sure, my daughter is into LOL and the bloody things are expensive. On their vlog you can see at least £400 worth of LOL stuff

• Wow
It would make so much more sense to buy some bigger stuff they all can share.
They cant have the space for all those toys and I am sure that no matter what the little ones get into the bigger kids stuff and wreck it.

Reactions: 2
I was merely pointing out that out of all the kids- Casper is the one that stands out with the kindest attributes. I'm not a fan of the family at all, so no need to imply i'm some sort of weirdo fan who is obsessed with them :rolleyes:
I didn’t mean you were at all, but if anyone commented one of my children was a favourite, I would be absolutely appalled. There should simply never be a favourite, just as there should not be a most unfavoured. And if I ever saw comments like that I’d delete my account. No sibling should ever be favourite.

Reactions: 3
watched the shopping haul video.
if thats all their xmas food im kinda confused, there was nothing really there that makes a proper meal,especially for the size of their family.
it was mainly snacks,drinks and crap
HOW MUCH CHEESE DO YOU NEED???

• Haha
Reactions: 7
watched the shopping haul video.
if thats all their xmas food im kinda confused, there was nothing really there that makes a proper meal,especially for the size of their family.
it was mainly snacks,drinks and crap
HOW MUCH CHEESE DO YOU NEED???
I thought the exact same and also they didn’t seem to have enough to feed them all. I do that size shop for a family of 7. Well with more actual food 😂

Reactions: 6
I thought the exact same and also they didn’t seem to have enough to feed them all. I do that size shop for a family of 7. Well with more actual food 😂
We did that size of a Christmas food shop for a family of four 😂😂 feeling slightly bad now. But we actually made dinner for 10 on boxing day and dinner for 4 on Christmas Day.
(every side dish and the meats themselves were not ready prepped. Everything was made from scratch meaning seasonings. Stocks, marinades,homemade pigs in blankets etc etc. Not frozen of pre prepared. Hence buying more plus we have a nut,lactose and gluten intolerant pesecetsrian so she needed additional stuff such as sorbet instead of ice cream and fresh fruit instead of the yule log we all had)
But we bought 6 meat joints and that fed us all with some leftover.
Made about two trays of sprouts. Two of carrots. 1 mash. 1 cabbage. But to see just that for over 20 was kinda absurd

They have always been very mean food wise. Sue 's 40th birthday party consisted of a tray of sandwiches and some crisps. They had invited about 20 people too, they must have got a quarter of a ham sandwich each and a few crisps. They weren't even nice ones either, it was like a school child's packed lunch. They did exactly the same for the mass christening too.

I think people are noticing the difference in them, lots of comments asking how they can afford so many presents. Sue must read every comment as she replies to select ones. Interestingly she didn't say anything about a budget this time, she saves money by being organized apparently. A big part of their appeal was built around the 'hard working, hard budgeting' narrative and I do sense that opinions of fans are starting to change.

They have always been very mean food wise. Sue 's 40th birthday party consisted of a tray of sandwiches and some crisps. They had invited about 20 people too, they must have got a quarter of a ham sandwich each and a few crisps. They weren't even nice ones either, it was like a school child's packed lunch. They did exactly the same for the mass christening too.

I think people are noticing the difference in them, lots of comments asking how they can afford so many presents. Sue must read every comment as she replies to select ones. Interestingly she didn't say anything about a budget this time, she saves money by being organized apparently. A big part of their appeal was built around the 'hard working, hard budgeting' narrative and I do sense that opinions of fans are starting to change.

your right its what their appeal was.
They budgeted, made cheap meals from fresh.
But not its all prepackaged and prepared stuff, no budgeting just spend spend spend. There is just no way the pie shop pays for it all.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.