The Radford Family #2 21 Kids and still Counting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel awful saying this but I didn’t know who they were (past the tv prog), looked up their insta & I just thought how scruffy they all look.

What a sad lonely life she must have, since the age of 14, never Done anything but carry and birth a baby every year. My son is just 1, I can’t imagine being 15 weeks pregnant having animals to look after and however many other kids to look after. They must learn to look after themselves pretty quickly.
My little girl is 2 in Jan, I genuinely can’t believe how she has one & then she’s on to the next one so to speak. It’s heartbreaking how they’re left to fend for themselves & grow up quickly. I can guarantee majority of those kiddies will have attachment issues.

Reactions: 6
I was referring to being a grandmother at 35 as being naff, but now you mention it I would extend that to anyone intentionally trying to get pregnant once they are a grandparent. I highly doubt your child will care what a few people on Tattle think 😀
I was a grandmother at 36. Why is it naff? Sometimes these things happen.

Reactions: 5
I was a grandmother at 36. Why is it naff? Sometimes these things happen.
Sorry didn't mean to cause offense, and I realize these things happen, but I'd be horrified to be a grandmother at 36. The poster said it was lovely to be pregnant at the same time. I say that as someone who had mine quite young too.

Reactions: 3
I could easily be a grandmother at 36. My son is 16 and I am 32! I would like to wait much longer but I wouldnt say it would be naff.

I can't imagine that
My ex mother in law had a baby at 44 and another at 46 and it meant her children are younger than mine. So uncles and aunties younger than the niece and nephew 🤐

I feel awful saying this but I didn’t know who they were (past the tv prog), looked up their insta & I just thought how scruffy they all look.

My little girl is 2 in Jan, I genuinely can’t believe how she has one & then she’s on to the next one so to speak. It’s heartbreaking how they’re left to fend for themselves & grow up quickly. I can guarantee majority of those kiddies will have attachment issues.
I think they already have attachment issues. They seem to derive comfort from each other rather than who is supposed to be their primary care giver. In a recent video Noel was asking Oscar why he liked Oscar (he thought he was Casper) but he said that when he's scared at night he goes into his bed for comfort. I found it quite strange that he would go to a younger sibling for comfort and reassurance rather than an older one or even a parent. Even in the very first programme it showed that 4 or 5 children would all pile into the same bed during the night. It's nice that they are so close but I think it's because they have to be. If you remember back to the removal of door handles the children are probably aware that their parents won't be coming to them in the night.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I think they already have attachment issues. They seem to derive comfort from each other rather than who is supposed to be their primary care giver. In a recent video Noel was asking Oscar why he liked Oscar (he thought he was Casper) but he said that when he's scared at night he goes into his bed for comfort. I found it quite strange that he would go to a younger sibling for comfort and reassurance rather than an older one or even a parent. Even in the very first programme it showed that 4 or 5 children would all pile into the same bed during the night. It's nice that they are so close but I think it's because they have to be. If you remember back to the removal of door handles the children are probably aware that their parents won't be coming to them in the night.
The inner door handle removal is the stuff of nightmares! What if You needed the toilet in the night or were sick or were having bad dreams. 🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 6
I was very close to my sister growing up. I always got into bed with her when I was scared rather than go to my parents. We shared a room. When you wake in the night from a dream etc, you're often too scared to get out of bed and go to another room eg. your parents room. Much easier to jump into bed with the sibling next to you. I don't find it strange at all.

Reactions: 2
I was very close to my sister growing up. I always got into bed with her when I was scared rather than go to my parents. We shared a room. When you wake in the night from a dream etc, you're often too scared to get out of bed and go to another room eg. your parents room. Much easier to jump into bed with the sibling next to you. I don't find it strange at all.
I don't think in isolation it's strange, lots of siblings (especially those who share rooms) get comfort from each other because it's easy and convenient. I don't think them all piling into one bed every night is typical though. In that door handle episode the boys were bathed and put into bed/cots (the baby didn't even have pyjamas on IIRC) and the door closed. There was a camera in the room and they were trashing the place, pulling mattresses off beds, throwing stuff etc before all getting into one bed together. It was obviously known to them that they would not be seeing an adult until the morning. In their case I think it's about necessity rather than convenience.

Reactions: 1
Yeah the door handle thing was absolutely ridiculous and so dangerous, my bedroom door handle broke so I had to use a knife for a week until I got a new handle but mainly kept the door open and my health visitor came round and proper moaned at me for it! Understandable though! So why was they allowed?

Reactions: 4
Wish someone would tell mine this 😭 every night I get them in my bed. It won’t last forever but one night off would be a god send 😂

Yeah the door handle thing was absolutely ridiculous and so dangerous, my bedroom door handle broke so I had to use a knife for a week until I got a new handle but mainly kept the door open and my health visitor came round and proper moaned at me for it! Understandable though! So why was they allowed?
Probably the only criticism they have never addressed/mentioned is the removal of door handles. That to me suggests they only realised it was a very bad idea after they got slated for it. I don't think either of them are bad, I just don't think they have enough sense or awareness.

Reactions: 3
Probably the only criticism they have never addressed/mentioned is the removal of door handles. That to me suggests they only realised it was a very bad idea after they got slated for it. I don't think either of them are bad, I just don't think they have enough sense of awareness.
They are technically running a classroom! And yes the older kids help but it isn't up to them to help, my friend was a only child until she was 14 and then her mum had a baby and guess who had the baby most of the time? My friend. She lost her whole teenage years with friends because she had to look after her sister and also took her to and from school daily when the kid got older x

Wish someone would tell mine this 😭 every night I get them in my bed. It won’t last forever but one night off would be a god send 😂
I feel your pain as even though I got in with my sister when I was young my own kids didn't! They always got in bed with us. My youngest didn't sleep in his own bed all night until he was about 8!

Probably the only criticism they have never addressed/mentioned is the removal of door handles. That to me suggests they only realised it was a very bad idea after they got slated for it. I don't think either of them are bad, I just don't think they have enough sense or awareness.
I must have missed this. Which series of kids and counting was it on? Is it on youtube?

I feel your pain as even though I got in with my sister when I was young my own kids didn't! They always got in bed with us. My youngest didn't sleep in his own bed all night until he was about 8!

I must have missed this. Which series of kids and counting was it on? Is it on youtube?
It was one of the earlier ones, 16 KAC I think. Should still be on 4od.

On a more recent blog there was a door that still had a missing handle. Could have been the house tour

Handles off of doors 😣 worst nightmare honestly. Employ a night nanny if it’s that bad. I really liked them on 16 kids but as the show goes on those poor teens don’t seem to have any social life. I could be well wrong there and if I am I apologise.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.