The Radford Family #19 On the beg, can't get preg. Why the new pram? It's all for the gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I personally am starting this week to get back into school routine mode ie. Go to bed early, so I can get up early, prep meals and sort uniform. Not that we're counting down or anything but 2wks till they are back at school! We haven't managed to go away anywhere either, I left booking a caravan too late I think as ones for our size of family were fully booked, but we managed day trips to loch Lomond, sterling and creiff xx
We only broke up 2 weeks ago too.
But it’s good to have that routine in the last few weeks.
We didn’t book anything this year, in a sense we just wasn’t ready after 2020.
I’m just looking forward to kids going back to a more normal school setting.
Then Christmas.

Sophie has always been in competition with Chloe I think.
Like when Noel lent Chloe the money for her boob job and suddenly Sophie wanted one but they wouldn’t lend her the money.

Really surprised that Sue hasn’t splashed out on some surgery. Or ivf

Reactions: 9
We only broke up 2 weeks ago too.
But it’s good to have that routine in the last few weeks.
We didn’t book anything this year, in a sense we just wasn’t ready after 2020.
I’m just looking forward to kids going back to a more normal school setting.
Then Christmas.

Sophie has always been in competition with Chloe I think.
Like when Noel lent Chloe the money for her boob job and suddenly Sophie wanted one but they wouldn’t lend her the money.

Really surprised that Sue hasn’t splashed out on some surgery. Or ivf
whaaat when did she have a boob job? i dont think i would be comfortable discussing that with my dad haha might just be me though😅

Reactions: 11
We only broke up a week ago!

My oldest is the same age as Phoebe and Halle... well she's slap bang in the middle and she's about to go into Year 1.... she's a brilliant reader, reading at Year 2 level already, but she reads to us every night before bed, even in the holidays.... it can take around half an hour now as her books get longer.
She also has a list of spellings to learn each week during term time, we do about 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes after school on those.

I can only assume they just don't bother with home reading or homework with the little ones, we saw how behind they were during the 'homeschooling' video during lockdown.

I bet we now get a video of them reading to Sue :p to prove they do listen to them read!

Reactions: 12
Was a few years ago, caused a lot of drama.
This was when Sue called Sophie vile ect because she was really annoyed they wouldn’t lend her the money.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Sue commented on Sophie picture yesterday but not chloes photo today she only seems to do to birthday posts for a few of the kids (the favourites I'm guessing) if u can't do it for all of them why bother for the odd few

• Sad
We only broke up a week ago!

My oldest is the same age as Phoebe and Halle... well she's slap bang in the middle and she's about to go into Year 1.... she's a brilliant reader, reading at Year 2 level already, but she reads to us every night before bed, even in the holidays.... it can take around half an hour now as her books get longer.
She also has a list of spellings to learn each week during term time, we do about 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes after school on those.

I can only assume they just don't bother with home reading or homework with the little ones, we saw how behind they were during the 'homeschooling' video during lockdown.

I bet we now get a video of them reading to Sue :p to prove they do listen to them read!
Spelling homework in Reception? That makes me feel so sad, poor kids. I sincerely hope they don't test them. Spelling homework, with weekly tests, is such an outdated practice as it's so utterly ineffective.

Daily reading is essential to aid progress but spelling lists for 5 year olds are wholly unnecessary.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I would have to imagine none of her kids are dyslexic or struggle reading as helping a child with any sort of issues surrounding reading/learning takes longer than a child who is confident and at higher level. During lockdown I would get my 3rd to read a chapter from a goosebumps each day and depending on chapter length could take up to an hour. Now I only have 6 so I'm not the largest of families but I am a bit of a helicopter parent and need to know where my kids are struggling and how we can help them( my daughter studying through her sqa's is another example) and I can't see either sue or Noel doing that, unless they practice the same as duggars and are Montessori teaching but I have never seen evidence of that on what they post!
We saw a homeschooling post during lockdown. I’m not convinced. She was taking pictures whilst the older girls were doing the actual task of helping the little ones. For them to claim that they are able to give each child the attention that they deserve, is an outright lie. Even with all the will in the world it’s just not possible. If I think of my average day with much less children, it can be a juggle and that’s without keeping various social media updated as to what we are doing seemingly constantly and all the filming/vlogging that they do. It’s all their little ones know and is quite sad. Nothing is ever just because for them as it is for us “normal” folk. They always have an agenda and that’s driven by content and likes. If Noel really does work all the hours god sends as they like to claim, that would then suggest anything schooling wise falls to Sue which certainly I can’t see her doing.

I always think Sophie dresses way too young for her age. She's in her mid-late 20s yet she dresses like an 18 year old.

All the older Radford girls are quite tarty. Even Ellie's getting that way and she's only just 16. Sue and Noel seem to actively encourage it. Some of them are actually quite pretty under all that caked on make up, false nails and eyelashes and hair extensions. I don't know why they feel it's necessary. I've never been a fan of the fake look on anyone though.
Insecurity. That’s what I think it is. Those kids are so used to being shoved in to the spotlight that you rarely see them in their “bare” skin. Sue and Noel have a lot to answer for, far beyond how many she decided to pop out but also the impact on the ones that she already had.

Sue commented on Sophie picture yesterday but not chloes photo today she only seems to do to birthday posts for a few of the kids (the favourites I'm guessing) if u can't do it for all of them why bother for the odd few
That would have made poor Chloe feel worse if she saw it. Hopefully it’s not as it seems and her mother did wish her happy birthday off social media.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
We saw a homeschooling post during lockdown. I’m not convinced. She was taking pictures whilst the older girls were doing the actual task of helping the little ones. For them to claim that they are able to give each child the attention that they deserve, is an outright lie. Even with all the will in the world it’s just not possible. If I think of my average day with much less children, it can be a juggle and that’s without keeping various social media updated as to what we are doing seemingly constantly and all the filming/vlogging that they do. It’s all their little ones know and is quite sad. Nothing is ever just because for them as it is for us “normal” folk. They always have an agenda and that’s driven by content and likes. If Noel really does work all the hours god sends as they like to claim, that would then suggest anything schooling wise falls to Sue which certainly I can’t see her doing.

Insecurity. That’s what I think it is. Those kids are so used to being shoved in to the spotlight that you rarely see them in their “bare” skin. Sue and Noel have a lot to answer for, far beyond how many she decided to pop out but also the impact on the ones that she already had.

That would have made poor Chloe feel worse if she saw it. Hopefully it’s not as it seems and her mother did wish her happy birthday off social media.
Hopefully she did but she still shouldn't be posting birthday wishes for half the kids online when it surely must make the other half feel abit sad

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Hopefully she did but she still shouldn't be posting birthday wishes for half the kids online when it surely must make the other half feel abit sad
My close family don't wish me a happy birthday on social media, nor I them, because we don't feel the need to validate our feelings for each other in that way. We do it in person/privately.

Yes it might seem strange Sue wishing some happy birthday on social media and not others but we don't know the true reasons. I would just assume they ask her not to, as it's generally the older ones.

I can criticise the Radfords for many things but this is something I do believe there's probably a genuine reason behind as I honestly don't think it's odd that grown adults don't necessarily feel the need to wish loved ones they're likely to be seeing in person a happy birthday on social media 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Not wishing your own daughter happy birthday is awful given she makes a big deal of showing off presents for the other kids birthdays and even recently when they were on holiday. Chloe could rightly claim that she has raised a good few of those kids. You would think the least her mother could do was wish her happy birthday. Has Walker worked through her issues? I recall a post not that long ago, something about a bit on the side and her hubby. 😬

It wouldn’t surprise me. It seems that Sue falls out with everyone who doesn’t comply with her wishes. Chloe has always come across as a family girl, I would go so far as to say given up her own life for Sue’s selfishness. Hope she had a lovely birthday regardless!

It’s the use of punctuation that is misleading. We all know she comes on here and then does indirect posts on her insta to address topics raised.

Your opinion. Having a big family and having 22 kids for content- 2 entirely different things. Also don’t believe everything you read on goggle. 🙄
Sue is a child in an adults body ....what do you expect? Every gift no matter how big or small is a self entitled treat! She knows no better...

Spelling homework in Reception? That makes me feel so sad, poor kids. I sincerely hope they don't test them. Spelling homework, with weekly tests, is such an outdated practice as it's so utterly ineffective.

Daily reading is essential to aid progress but spelling lists for 5 year olds are wholly unnecessary.
They do get 'tested' but it's all very low key... done 1-2-1 with a TA and they progress onto to the next list once they've mastered the one their on, so they're all at their own levels.
Maybe it's not for everyone, but my daughters spelling is pretty good now as a result, she can spell lots of words that she wouldn't have been able to if she hadn't done the spellings :)

• Sad
  • Heart
They do get 'tested' but it's all very low key... done 1-2-1 with a TA and they progress onto to the next list once they've mastered the one their on, so they're all at their own levels.
Maybe it's not for everyone, but my daughters spelling is pretty good now as a result, she can spell lots of words that she wouldn't have been able to if she hadn't done the spellings :)
Learning a list by rote does not make someone good at spelling. The work they will be doing in phonics on spelling rules and patterns will be doing that, as well as a natural flair for it if they're lucky. Some kids may get 100% every week in a test (because that's what is is, however low key they try to pitch it), yet forget them all a few weeks later once their focus has turned to new lists of words.

Memorising a list is not learning spellings. It's not an effective way of teaching spelling and is woefully dated, not to mention incredibly inappropriate for Reception. I'm shocked to hear some schools are still putting kids through this pointless exercise. Luckily your daughter does well in these tests, otherwise I think your opinion will be very different if you saw the stress and upset it causes incredibly young children whose brains aren't programmed to memorise a list in order to do well at these things. Spelling lists actually make kids who don't have a photographic memory less independent in applying known rules, as when thinking of a spelling their mind automatically tries to picture how it looks on that list, and the panic sets in if they haven't memorised it and can't picture it. Whereas if they aren't given lists to learn, they tend to apply the rule they've learned in order to have a logical attempt, with far less panic involved.

Learning a list by rote does not make someone good at spelling. The work they will be doing in phonics on spelling rules and patterns will be doing that, as well as a natural flair for it if they're lucky. Some kids may get 100% every week in a test (because that's what is is, however low key they try to pitch it), yet forget them all a few weeks later once their focus has turned to new lists of words.

Memorising a list is not learning spellings. It's not an effective way of teaching spelling and is woefully dated, not to mention incredibly inappropriate for Reception. I'm shocked to hear some schools are still putting kids through this pointless exercise. Luckily your daughter does well in these tests, otherwise I think your opinion will be very different if you saw the stress and upset it causes incredibly young children whose brains aren't programmed to memorise a list in order to do well at these things. Spelling lists actually make kids who don't have a photographic memory less independent in applying known rules, as when thinking of a spelling their mind automatically tries to picture how it looks on that list, and the panic sets in if they haven't memorised it and can't picture it. Whereas if they aren't given lists to learn, they tend to apply the rule they've learned in order to have a logical attempt, with far less panic involved.
Since when did this become an educational site ?

• Haha
Since when did this become an educational site ?
Just responding to what's presented in front of me. If people can constantly derail the thread by talking endlessly about Inghams and Walkers, or, even worse, the personal lives of posters who comment on this thread, I don't see anything wrong with responding to a comment someone made about education!

I just found it sad someone thought it was great her school were still following these outdated approaches. More than happy to steer the thread back to Radfrauds now who, let's face it, wouldn't do any form of homework with their kids whether it was genuinely helpful or unnecessary and outdated spelling lists! 😂

I always think Sophie dresses way too young for her age. She's in her mid-late 20s yet she dresses like an 18 year old.

All the older Radford girls are quite tarty. Even Ellie's getting that way and she's only just 16. Sue and Noel seem to actively encourage it. Some of them are actually quite pretty under all that caked on make up, false nails and eyelashes and hair extensions. I don't know why they feel it's necessary. I've never been a fan of the fake look on anyone though.
Could be she didn’t have the chance when she was actually of an age to dress like that. She was too busy raising her mothers cast offs while mum was too busy trying to make another or already pregnant. It is a dress sense younger than her 26 years IMO.

Reactions: 5
Could be she didn’t have the chance when she was actually of an age to dress like that. She was too busy raising her mothers cast offs while mum was too busy trying to make another or already pregnant. It is a dress sense younger than her 26 years IMO.
Could be, but then she herself became a mother at a very young age too.

Then again, I can't say I've ever dressed like that at any age so I'd definitely say personality plays a part too!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.