The Radford Family #15 They're still claiming it's funded by pies, it's all lies lies lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always thought S&N were both in care and that’s how they met. Have I got that wrong?
they were both adopted as children and lived streets away and found out when they began talking.

I think these two look alike I always have.... have they had a dna test? May be a reason to bring back Jezza if their kids are siblingcousinauntieuncles

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Apologies if I offended you with my reply.

With all due respect, we have seen absolutely nothing in all the vlogs over the years to suggest Max requires anything but mainstream schooling, so I guessed you either didn't follow the vlogs to know that or (wrongly assumed) you didn't realise what a wide spectrum asd is. I apologise for assuming that, although still find the question odd if I'm honest, even more so with your claimed experience but there you go 🤷‍♀️

I think it's quite different to look at a random select list of things many youths experience and say "I didn't do those things either" ,(nor did I, for the most part), but most of us will be living life wildly differently now to how we did at 13, 20, 30 etc (depending on age now). Life moves on over the years and we (general we) move with it. We experience different things, have different responsibilities etc.

Sue's life, at 45, is pretty much identical to her life at 20 (I won't say 13, as clearly her parents helped a lot when Chris was tiny). At 20, she had a few kids, was spending her days changing nappies and cleaning up after young kids, doing school runs etc. She's doing exactly the same 25 years later, just with a hell of a lot more kids and more money. She's literally never had a life away from the hone, away from Noel and the kids. She's never experienced going out to work, meeting new people (except other mums at the school gates - although she's usually running late so probably doesn't see much of them either!). At 45, her life has never been her own. Most people have a period of "finding themselves", learning to fend for themselves, before they start a family. Most people then start gaining that independent life back when their [/QUOTENo I don’t follow the vlogs, just watch the shows and hadn’t seen the latest episode hence my query about Max’s school which is inquisitive, not strange. We are currently in the process of looking at senior schools so
Apologies if I offended you with my reply.

With all due respect, we have seen absolutely nothing in all the vlogs over the years to suggest Max requires anything but mainstream schooling, so I guessed you either didn't follow the vlogs to know that or (wrongly assumed) you didn't realise what a wide spectrum asd is. I apologise for assuming that, although still find the question odd if I'm honest, even more so with your claimed experience but there you go 🤷‍♀️

I think it's quite different to look at a random select list of things many youths experience and say "I didn't do those things either" ,(nor did I, for the most part), but most of us will be living life wildly differently now to how we did at 13, 20, 30 etc (depending on age now). Life moves on over the years and we (general we) move with it. We experience different things, have different responsibilities etc.

Sue's life, at 45, is pretty much identical to her life at 20 (I won't say 13, as clearly her parents helped a lot when Chris was tiny). At 20, she had a few kids, was spending her days changing nappies and cleaning up after young kids, doing school runs etc. She's doing exactly the same 25 years later, just with a hell of a lot more kids and more money. She's literally never had a life away from the hone, away from Noel and the kids. She's never experienced going out to work, meeting new people (except other mums at the school gates - although she's usually running late so probably doesn't see much of them either!). At 45, her life has never been her own. Most people have a period of "finding themselves", learning to fend for themselves, before they start a family. Most people then start gaining that independent life back when their kids become teens and older and start branching out on their own life adventures. Unlike most adults, Sue has never had any of that and never will do. Even if Heidie is truly the last, Sue will be in her 60s by the time she turns 18 and will probably have 20+ grandkids by then. Her life has literally revolved around babies. Most people get that stage of their lives over with in less than 10 years, before repeating it slightly with more enjoyment 20-30 years later with grandchildren.

We all have our reasons for asking questions and quite frankly I shouldn’t need to put why I am asking but for the record I don’t follow the vlogs so get all the info from here and I hadn’t yet seen the latest episode on channel five so I was naturally interested in Max’s school whether it us mainstream or not as we need to look at senior schools soon for our daughter but now i wish i had just seen the episode as asking on here gets treated as ‘strange’ and belittling my experience is uncalled for such as ‘claimed experience’

Reactions: 3
Their bloody minions are out in force today on facebook. The mirror has run a story about them. Noel was quoted saying " we aren't rich" I commented saying well not many people can earn 30k a year own a 10 bed house and drive 2 brand new cars whilst feeding and clothing 22 kids so they are in a better position than most, you would have thought I'd run over their granny and tit on her. I'm getting told they work hard, I'm jealous, there are always people ready to slag off hard working people. Their minions need a reality check
Have you seen that someone said DIY SOS should go round to their house and help them do it up, Jesus Christ they are delusional!!!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
I've been watching the Radfords since their first special in 2012 and there is a massive difference in their lifestyle; back then, they seemed pretty frugal, with some exceptions (ie Sue getting a new pram for every baby) and drove an old minibus. I'd recommend watching their earlier series, it's on YT called 'Big families' for a comparison. Back then they were also pretty open about other sources of income like child benefit and tax credits rather than implying it's all the magic pie shop. Re the house, Morecambe is fairly cheap and I'm pretty sure they bought the house for under £100k so won't have a huge mortgage.

I would say that it wasn't until after Phoebe/Archie's birth that they started doing more #ads on Instagram/FB and getting more gifted that they started flashing the cash and wearing designer clothes. Like wasn't most of their new kitchen #gifted? The cars are also fairly recent too. In some ways the Radfords remind me of the Duggars (w/o the Christian fundamentalism lol) where the comparison between their pre and post TV life seems pretty stark.
They purchased the house for £240k in 2004, don’t know if someone can do some quick maths and figure out if it’s mortgage free now, because that’s a pretty big monthly expense to add to the magical 30k that keeps them ticking over!

Reactions: 4
I wonder if she’s parents couldn’t have biological children and that’s why they adoptEd, maybe her mum made some comments on pregnant ladies being lucky or special and that stuck with her

Reactions: 11
@Catt

This is clearly a sensitive subject for you, and I apologise if you've misinterpreted my confusion at why you would ask such a question as belittling. I was just confused as to why anyone would question whether Max goes to a special school based purely on the fact he's been diagnosed with asd, as that's how your first query read, to me. It's very easy to assume that everyone who posts in this thread is aware of the Radfords and therefore would have seen for themselves how Max's autism presents, meaning there's absolutely no need for special school provision (for him).

Clearly your experience with your daughter is very different to Max, if you're having to consider special school provisions, thus highlighting just how wide a spectrum asd is. No belittling, so no need to be so touchy. Good luck in finding your daughter the most suitable provision for her needs.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I find it strange that they have mentioned Millie’s pregnancy at all in the tv series then now in episode 3 there’s a magic new addition 🥴 I thought they would have been going on about it non stop from the start to get the views in

Reactions: 10
they were both adopted as children and lived streets away and found out when they began talking.

I think these two look alike I always have.... have they had a dna test? May be a reason to bring back Jezza if their kids are siblingcousinauntieuncles
I agree I have said before the first time I ever seen them on TV I thought they looked very similar

Reactions: 2
I find it strange that they have mentioned Millie’s pregnancy at all in the tv series then now in episode 3 there’s a magic new addition 🥴 I thought they would have been going on about it non stop from the start to get the views in
Shhh, spoilers! 🤫😉😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
They purchased the house for £240k in 2004, don’t know if someone can do some quick maths and figure out if it’s mortgage free now, because that’s a pretty big monthly expense to add to the magical 30k that keeps them ticking over!
I would imagine that wasn’t their first house purchase, although my betting would be that they had a council property which they bought at a discount to give them the kind of deposit they would have needed to buy a 240K house. It doesn’t seem a lot to pay for house now but 20 years ago, especially where they are, that would have been a huge financial undertaking.

I wonder if one of the cars is a Motability one? Although if they have more than one car I doubt it. Has it been confirmed that they get DLA/PIP? It’s very difficult to get either for autism.
Check the reg plate on DVLA if its ever shown and it should say it’s DLA/PIP (I think)

I would imagine that wasn’t their first house purchase, although my betting would be that they had a council property which they bought at a discount to give them the kind of deposit they would have needed to buy a 240K house. It doesn’t seem a lot to pay for house now but 20 years ago, especially where they are, that would have been a huge financial undertaking.
no they had a property before. If you did a little digging, maybe the change of usage document for their current address has their old address on it, a 4 bed house.

Reactions: 1
I watched the first episode this morning and Noel said he sits with the younger kids to get them to sleep I was thinking they’ve clearly thought we’ve forgot about them locking the kids in their rooms by taking the handles off the doors when they wouldn’t stay in their rooms! Take it it’s being brushed under the carpet because that was with C4 and now their on C5 🤷🏼‍♀️👀

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I watched the first episode this morning and Noel said he sits with the younger kids to get them to sleep I was thinking they’ve clearly thought we’ve forgot about them locking the kids in their rooms by taking the handles off the doors when they wouldn’t stay in their rooms! Take it it’s being brushed under the carpet because that was with C4 and now their on C5 🤷🏼‍♀️👀
They forgot about that nonsense from one episode to another tbh. Last week it was all bedtime stories and stroking their heads until they fall asleep (so staged!), this week it was all get to bed, then 10 mins later when they're all up running around again "get back into your beds now!" 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
no they had a property before. If you did a little digging, maybe the change of usage document for their current address has their old address on it, a 4 bed house.
If they bought it as a house though that had been declassified as a commercial property, I would think that address (of the four bed property) is where the owners of the care home lived. They would have changed the use of the property from commercial to residential prior to selling it to obviously open up the market for the house.
Otherwise it would mean that the Radfords had bought the care home whilst still owning their previous house. Unless they came into some hefty cash inheritance or big money win, that doesn’t seem plausible to me.

Reactions: 2
Just joined thanks to this thread! I'm appalled by this family.

I agree I have said before the first time I ever seen them on TV I thought they looked very similar
Now that's a thought. Is anything known about their birth parents?

Just caught up on their 2nd episode. There’s no such thing as ‘mild autism’. What on Earth is Sue going on about. You’re either autistic or you’re not. Same as being pregnant, you’re either pregnant or you’re not. No one is mildly pregnant 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.