Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

yellowhello

I too would probably make mistakes if I were desperately trying to save someone’s life and their wife was distracting by taking photos

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Scullybob

VIP Member
H9w many more times is she going to repost the photo of her husband in his coffin with his baby daughter. It's awful, his nails are turning blue. Why is it taking so long to have the funeral? Is she worried that once he's laid to rest, the go fund me contributions will dry up? Has she hung on thinking its payday for many people this weekend so there might be some more donations. It's coming across as totally disrespectful to her late husband and what her older kids must think God only knows. Someone close to her should intervene. If it helps her to write down her feelings, then start a journal and don't plaster it all over Instagram.

Reactions: 14

mags

VIP Member
The photos have haunted me . I wish I hadn't of looked at them tbh.
The kids are going to have PTSD from this . I can't get the image out of my head and he doesn't mean anything to me.
I know exactly what you mean. I've tried to navigate this whole debacle very carefully, so as not to see things that I can't unsee, which definitely should come with a warning and spoilers IMHO. Like you, I am not personally connected to this man at all but I have one of those minds that retains disturbing images and replays them, so it bothers me. I cannot imagine how this man's poor children will manage with this being thrust upon them, to be replayed in their minds forevermore.

My Mum died unexpectedly and suddenly, many years ago (at a similar age to Dave R). All of my adult life I have struggled with the idea that I might've coped with the bereavement better if I had seen my Mum after she had passed away.

The last time any of her children saw her she was gravely ill in hospital. We weren't asked if we wanted to visit her after she'd died. It wasn't ever mentioned. At the time I was young, naive and completely in shock and it didn't really occur to me that that might even be a thing.

As I've got older, I've grappled with the idea that seeing her body might've helped with accepting the situation, giving some closure by seeing for myself that she really was gone, not least of all because it happened so suddenly.

Whenever I think of my Mum though, straight away my mind goes to her lying in ICU. Before I remember her as she was, when vibrant and so full of life, my mind pictures how she looked near the end, in a coma, hooked up to machines. This is the reason that I now feel fortunate that I never saw her after she died, because I just know for sure that those memories would forever haunt me.

On a personal note, if one positive thing has come out of this awful situation with the R Family, it's the sensible discussion it's prompted here. I'm grateful to my fellow Tattlers for sharing their own personal opinions and experiences on this subject (here and on the Ingham Family thread) which has unexpectedly helped me to overcome my own feelings of regret.

For so long I resented the fact that I wasn't really given the opportunity (to see my mum) but I now know that it would've done me more harm than good and I've finally come to terms with that decision being made for me. In my family's case though, it would've been a completely respectful and dignified affair, shortly after death, but even so, it still wouldn't have been right for me to see. I understand that everyone is different but I think it's potentially more problematic (emotionally) to see what you can't later unsee, rather than to not see it at all in the first place.

I just can't comprehend how the Ravenscrofts are being allowed to carry on as they are. As time rolls on, it just gets more and more grotesque. Regardless of anyone's opinions about whether or not children should see their loved ones after death, as a general rule, this case here is just shockingly over the top and extreme. I find it very disturbing.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
OK so she was on the beg for baby items as had nothing but can afford numerous holidays.... sarah you really are milking your husbands death for financial gain. If you can afford holidays how come you needed baby bits especially as you were very pregnant before Dave passed surely you both had everything prepared. The photos are personal and don't even come with trigger warning. No respect for Dave.

YoungHollywoodEtc

Disneyland Florida is for families with a stable home, steady comfortable income, savings in the bank. Not for families who are in temporary housing, with no real income, on benefits and lots of kids that they can’t afford. Even if Dave hadn’t passed away they still weren’t in a position to justify spending £19,000 on one single holiday.
That’s a ridiculous obscene amount to be spending before you’ve got all your ducks in a row elsewhere.
as much as it would be lovely for the kids. I can guarantee they’d enjoy staying in a cheap Airbnb near Disney land Paris, especially during the Xmas season with all the lights. It will cost a fraction of the price. Even that is a reach for a family like there’s, but atleast it’s more realistic.
how on earth is she going to get her hands on £19,000 that’s almost all her university credits surely.
---
If I had £19,000 to spend on a holiday the last place in the frigging world I'd go to is bloody Disneyland.

You could take your kids to see the pyramids, you could show them Pompeii, they could see every actual castle in Europe. They could travel through the US seeing the Grand Canyon, the Rockies, the glories of New England.

But no drag them to a theme park filled with plastic replicas to queue for hours for a Harry Potter ride in a place which is infamous for underpaying & overworking their staff. So they demand that the guests who've already shelled out thousands can supplement the incomes of those exploited workers by compulsory and frankly excessive tipping.

No thanks.
I wholehearted agree but Remember we’re talking about someone who goes to blackpool for a ‘holiday’ and pays for Botox when she’s living hand to mouth. We’re not talking about someone who appreciates things like castles or mountains.

• Sad

Impleo

VIP Member
...Just saw this on Facebook!

I think her mates the Inghams should do the kind thing and donate theirs for the weekend, it's the least they can do. Sarah Ingham is all about being kind :cool: It fits 8 Inghams so should be perfect for Sarah R and the under 16's.

• Haha

Nannywanny59

VIP Member
Your soulmate is dead on the ground and you’ve taken a photo and plastered it over SM .. that is beyond disrespectful.
There is no justification to do that, and to keep putting pictures up beggars belief — Yes I will judge her as it’s just not right and we know it’s becuz she’s begging for money.
. IG shud take those pictures down.
She needs to go away and grieve off SM like any decent person would.

HuncaMunca

VIP Member
If the paramedics had made mistakes during their assessment and treatment, that would have been picked up in A&E and he’d have had a post mortem before now. He’d be listed for an inquest too. No mention of that, is there?

HuncaMunca

VIP Member
She needs some intervention from someone, somewhere. It’s not right to be continually showing an obviously dead body on social media. If it was my son or brother i‘d be going mad. I can see why people pussyfooted around her in the first few days, but she needs telling now. It’s disgusting.

• Heart

Kattykat10

VIP Member
I remember once they took the kids to somewhere like b and q and the kids were feral. Someone commented that they weren’t well behaved and Sarah replied saying she’d do it all the more now she knew it annoyed people.

• Wow
  • Angry

MissWinnie

VIP Member
The gofundme hasn’t gained anything more for a good day or so now. Time to knock the begging on the head and be thankful for what they’ve received now. It’s disturbing how much she’s pushing it. Surely 2 weeks down the line the funeral should be arranged and pretty much ready to go ahead by now? Time to lay him to rest now and think of the children who are having to deal with seeing these disturbing images put out there for anyone and everyone to see. No one needs to see him on his death bed or after death like she’s doing. There isn’t even a trigger warning! You’d understand if she was doing it to raise some kind of awareness but it’s for her own greed to try and get sympathy and more money in the pot.

• Heart

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
What kind of absolute moron posts an image of their baby in a coffin with their dead husband/ father? Has no one at all in her personal life advised her to stop posting pics of dead Dave? It's beyond disrespectful. And the whole pic of a baby in a coffin - that to me gives incredibly bad vibes and is inviting very bad karma. I'm not generally spiritalistic, but a baby should never be put in a coffin unless the absolute worst has happened and they have passed away themselves.

Telly Fanatic

VIP Member
they have nearly 5 and a half k in the GFM... wouldn't that be enough for the funeral?

yet they have asked for 10k, obviously going to spend the rest on a holiday

• Wow
  • Angry

Maria1

Chatty Member
Out to get as much as they can!
Thus is the equivalent of cryptic posts and 'I'll pm you, hun'. The only people with any decorum in the situation had been the medical staff. Give it up now, stop monetising your husbands death, Bury him and raise the brood of children that you clearly cannot afford. I hate to be mean but nobody and nothing is going to fund this dratted Dusney dream; spend any money on keeping a roof and feeding yourselves.

Sooty2u

The picture of him being worked on by paramedics is just beyond awful. Who would even think of taking a photo at that point and then to post it for the world to see forever! It's fucked.

mags

VIP Member
Oh my gosh her story is now with the baby lying next to Dave in what looks like his coffin, these kids are going to need even more therapy after this
Please please please....if anyone feels the need to repost any of these images here on this thread (not sure why anyone would but just in case), please put it in spoilers.

MissWinnie

VIP Member
As if she’s just uploaded a photo on her Instagram story of her teenage daughter looking looking at her dads dead body. Sarah is sick, no wonder she’s friends with the inghams
It’s very disturbing the need to share him publicly like she is. No one needs to see him like that except for the family in private. How can she think that’s acceptable to share such personal photos like she is especially when it involves her children. The photo of the baby led on him wasn’t very nice & this one is no better.

Reactions: 12