Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

uwotmate

Chatty Member
I made a thread as I don't want to derail another one.
I'm absolutely disgusted and the constant pushing of a go fund me . They have plenty for a funeral.
Then to top it off posting photographs of her late husband collapsed on the floor. It should be a crime I'm actually being serious .

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

HuncaMunca

VIP Member
I think it‘s beyond weird to whip your phone out and take photos of paramedics working on your husband in the first place. Why on earth you think it’s right to put them as public viewing is beyond me. I’d go absolutely mad if either of my daughters-in-law posted pictures of my sons like that. There’s no dignity there for anyone. It’s attention seeking at its worst.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
It’s beyond disgusting now. At first I gave Sarah R the benefit of the doubt but after seeing her dying husband used as little more than an Instagram prop I’m out

Reactions: 22

Impleo

VIP Member
Her own photo showed Dave unconscious and a paramedic diligently working on him. Not a medical expert but if you have a bleed on the brain, I guess all they can do is assess him and then get him to hospital asap. The photo showed them doing what looked exactly like that.

Reactions: 22

Sadie0801

Chatty Member
Any argument that's she's overcome with grief and people react differently to grief etc. is gone, now she has posted that photo of him with the paramedics. That was before any grief. That was in the middle of a medical emergency. She found it appropriate to pick up her phone, go into the camera, point it at her husband collapsed on the floor and take a photo. Who knows what other photos/footage she also took .

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I’m sorry I get she is grieving but these posts are disturbing. Never once have I went to a funeral parlour to see a family member for the last time has it even crossed my mind to get my phone out, never mind take a photo and share it with people online
And put your newborn baby in the coffin to pose for these photos 😱

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 20

Buddylove

VIP Member
How is posting photos of a dead body acceptable, seeing his dead hands makes me feel ill, how is she getting away with it, I have no sympathy for Sarah after all this online begging and terrible photos, maybe it’s her way of coping but a family member needs to tell her very quickly how wrong it is, you just know she’s going to live vlog his funeral 😡😩

Reactions: 20

YoungHollywood

VIP Member
I think you are all being far too kind and giving this woman way too much understanding for her actions. It’s repulsive and very typical of them the greedy, money grabbing family they are. Her latest story with some shitty speech bubble about being in heaven is just appalling. Tomorrow she will be pushing that go fund me harder!
---
When you have that many mouths to feed and who are relying on you no choice really.
Don’t have ten kids then? He has only been dead a few days, she won’t suddenly be hard up that quickly. She could also work, he could have worked…a unique concept for these people who want a quick buck I know.

Reactions: 19

uwotmate

Chatty Member
It’s beyond disgusting now. At first I gave Sarah R the benefit of the doubt but after seeing her dying husband used as little more than an Instagram prop I’m out
Yes I was going to donate at one point then she started posting pictures of his dead body with props for social media.

If she was my relative I would be pulling her up about it .

Reactions: 19
Oh my gosh her story is now with the baby lying next to Dave in what looks like his coffin, these kids are going to need even more therapy after this

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18

uwotmate

Chatty Member
What ever we think, no matter what we would do or have done ourselves in times of grieve we are all different,
no matter of the rights or wrongs.
This women is going through the very worst and very best of emotions, unbearable grief and the beauty and wonder of birth her mental physical and emotional well being will be all over the place.
Let alone the stress of having seven dependent kids to solely be responsible for.
I don't think it's anyone's place to judge her at the moment. But give her time to work through this the best she can.
Every picture and video she is posting is to promote the go fund me and increase traffic to her page.

I have never seen anyone share a go fund me that was made for them to help with a funeral more than once if at all.

My relative requested that no one came to see him in a funeral home as he wanted to be remembered as they last saw him.

I wasn't a fan of Dave but this poor bloke has no say in what happens after his death. He has been robbed of his dignity .
---
I think it‘s beyond weird to whip your phone out and take photos of paramedics working on your husband in the first place. Why on earth you think it’s right to put them as public viewing is beyond me. I’d go absolutely mad if either of my daughters-in-law posted pictures of my sons like that. There’s no dignity there for anyone. It’s attention seeking at its worst.
It's absolutely unhinged isn't it . There should be a law to prevent people from filming people who are unconscious and recieving treatment.
---
they are scroungers and want a holiday to Disney
She has shared the go fund me 9 times so far . Hash tagging it all sorts .
All about money . She has more than enough for a funeral .

Last edited:

Kate1970

VIP Member
I wonder how his Mum is doing, and how or what she'd think if she knew these photos were being posted online!
As I previously posted, I've reported a couple of the photos, IG probably won't do anything though!

• Heart

Mostyn

VIP Member
I know exactly what you mean. I've tried to navigate this whole debacle very carefully, so as not to see things that I can't unsee, which definitely should come with a warning and spoilers IMHO. Like you, I am not personally connected to this man at all but I have one of those minds that retains disturbing images and replays them, so it bothers me. I cannot imagine how this man's poor children will manage with this being thrust upon them, to be replayed in their minds forevermore.

My Mum died unexpectedly and suddenly, many years ago (at a similar age to Dave R). All of my adult life I have struggled with the idea that I might've coped with the bereavement better if I had seen my Mum after she had passed away.

The last time any of her children saw her she was gravely ill in hospital. We weren't asked if we wanted to visit her after she'd died. It wasn't ever mentioned. At the time I was young, naive and completely in shock and it didn't really occur to me that that might even be a thing.

As I've got older, I've grappled with the idea that seeing her body might've helped with accepting the situation, giving some closure by seeing for myself that she really was gone, not least of all because it happened so suddenly.

Whenever I think of my Mum though, straight away my mind goes to her lying in ICU. Before I remember her as she was, when vibrant and so full of life, my mind pictures how she looked near the end, in a coma, hooked up to machines. This is the reason that I now feel fortunate that I never saw her after she died, because I just know for sure that those memories would forever haunt me.

On a personal note, if one positive thing has come out of this awful situation with the R Family, it's the sensible discussion it's prompted here. I'm grateful to my fellow Tattlers for sharing their own personal opinions and experiences on this subject (here and on the Ingham Family thread) which has unexpectedly helped me to overcome my own feelings of regret.

For so long I resented the fact that I wasn't really given the opportunity (to see my mum) but I now know that it would've done me more harm than good and I've finally come to terms with that decision being made for me. In my family's case though, it would've been a completely respectful and dignified affair, shortly after death, but even so, it still wouldn't have been right for me to see. I understand that everyone is different but I think it's potentially more problematic (emotionally) to see what you can't later unsee, rather than to not see it at all in the first place.

I just can't comprehend how the Ravenscrofts are being allowed to carry on as they are. As time rolls on, it just gets more and more grotesque. Regardless of anyone's opinions about whether or not children should see their loved ones after death, as a general rule, this case here is just shockingly over the top and extreme. I find it very disturbing.
When my husband was taken to the undertakers I was so sure I didn’t want to see him in his coffin.
For me when R took his last breath what was left of him was just a shell his earthly body.
Two years later I have no regrets about the decision I made.
i am appalled by how the Dave scenario is playing out on the internet.

• Heart

Buddylove

VIP Member
When Sarah fell out with the eldest daughter, think she is called Chelsea, sarah posted on YouTube a very nasty rant about her, who does that, anyone who she thinks has wronged her she’s straight on YouTube ranting, she did make up with Chelsea and began to see grandkids again, I deffo always found Sarah abit downtrodden and overwhelmed with everything but also abit of a gobshite as well

Reactions: 16

Kingbin

VIP Member
The pictures she’s posted are terrible. Who the actual fuck takes pictures of paramedics working on someone and then posts it online.

The whole situation is tragic but unfortunately Sarah was never the brightest.

• Sad

Crl8

I’m sorry I get she is grieving but these posts are disturbing. Never once have I went to a funeral parlour to see a family member for the last time has it even crossed my mind to get my phone out, never mind take a photo and share it with people online

• Angry