The Queen RIP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It all feels so surreal, how much changes now she’s gone. She was to me such a beacon of unity and stability across the UK even though I wasn’t much of a royalist, her presence was always felt, you know?

Reactions: 13
I wonder if she’s been poorly for a while. As she was with Liz Truss 2 days ago.
I would say the large bruise on her hand may have been the sign of a canula so quite possible that she's been helped to have been strong enough for the changeover of PM.

I'm not a fan of Liz Truss but jeez, 2 days after becoming PM at arguably a difficult enough time with the CoL crisis, but having her first official events being the death of the queen, the funeral and then the accession and coronation of a new King likely within weeks.

I wonder how elaborate the coronation will be in light of the CoL crisis though. I'm sure plenty will complain if it takes the usual process as completed by Queen Elizabeth II.

Reactions: 19

I thought I’d post this, it’s one of my favourite video compilations of The Queen ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I would say the large bruise on her hand may have been the sign of a canula so quite possible that she's been helped to have been strong enough for the changeover of PM.

I'm not a fan of Liz Truss but jeez, 2 days after becoming PM at arguably a difficult enough time with the CoL crisis, but having her first official events being the death of the queen, the funeral and then the accession and coronation of a new King likely within weeks.

I wonder how elaborate the coronation will be in light of the CoL crisis though. I'm sure plenty will complain if it takes the usual process as completed by Queen Elizabeth II.
I can see it being huge and used as a way to try and raise spirits maybe?

Reactions: 2
I'm so sad , so incredibly sad , our queen has died , a royalist or not I dare anyone not to be shocked or moved by the news
I actually put my hand on my heart when BBC NEWS played the National Anthem and shed a few tears . I actually said out loud to no one " Our Queen has died "

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Always loved her sense of humour and the sketches like the james bond and the paddington bear one and her husband dressing up as one of the guards 🥺

Reactions: 13
Just thought, as well as a new King, this means a new Supreme Governor of the Church of England as well doesn't it.

I guess the stamps, coins and banknotes will change to show Charles now. Got so used to the Queen always appearing on them, I can’t imagine a different face instead.

Reactions: 26
just found out shocked !!! so odd seeing such a figure head die in your lifetime

Reactions: 4
Random thought but I wonder if there’ll be a lot of baby girls named Elizabeth now?
Possibly.

"The name Elizabeth saw its peak popularity in 1954, a year after the Queen's coronation, when it was ranked the eighth most common girls' name. But in 2020 the name recorded its lowest position at 56, according to the latest official data from the Office for National Statistics."

I guess the stamps, coins and banknotes will change to show Charles now. Got so used to the Queen always appearing on them, I can’t imagine a different face instead.
No i cant it wont feel right no disrespect to him

Rest in Peace Your Majesty 🥲

It’s so surreal witnessing this moment. It’s hard to sum up as it doesn’t feel real? Never thought it was going to be today🥺 all the procedures in place for this event now happening, it doesn’t feel real.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I found out on Tattle of all places...not a royalist but have a huge respect for the service the Queen gave, and I'm also really sorry for her family's loss. I feel very strange right now!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.