The Queen RIP

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It all feels so surreal, how much changes now she’s gone. She was to me such a beacon of unity and stability across the UK even though I wasn’t much of a royalist, her presence was always felt, you know?
This. I wasn't even a major RF fan but she was the one constant stable thing in this ever changing country. ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 15
It has been confirmed he will be King Charles III
Feels weird to hear that being said out loud by Liz Truss. Royalist or not, this is a massive cultural change for most of us who have only ever known The Queen as the monarch.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I guess the stamps, coins and banknotes will change to show Charles now. Got so used to the Queen always appearing on them, I can’t imagine a different face instead.
I was just reading, it took eight years to get started on that in 1952 so don't expect any new coins or notes for a while.

Reactions: 4
I don't even feel sad, just a bit numb. It's odd. I feel like it's just a normal day, but with a weird feeling. Like we know she was 96, but still so odd not to see her or hear her voice any longer, or see photos of her at the races or with her horses etc. No Queens xmas speech.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think so and Catherine will take Princess of wales that couldn't be more fitting 🥺♥
I suspect she won't use it, though, just as Camilla didn't. It's too closely associated with Diana.

I think Edward will become the Duke of Edinburgh, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don't even feel sad, just a bit numb. It's odd. I feel like it's just a normal day, but with a weird feeling. Like we know she was 96, but still so odd not to see her or hear her voice any longer, or see photos of her at the races or with her horses etc. No Queens xmas speech.
Same here, I don’t feel sad but a little apprehensive about how things are going to change. I’m so done with the upheaval of the last couple of years and the world seems to be getting nastier for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Charles just doesn’t seem to have the same warmth as our little queenie did 💗

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.