Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jeeves

VIP Member
He was on a long car journey and could have updated on his phone as he was a passenger, to explain if that was the case. He's very quick to post when he wants something - money, replacement plates etc., and rarely seems to be afflicted then. You can bet that when he does post, that there will be a motive for it. He's a lazy and entitled opportunist.

He's now posting that his grandmother died last night. Strange that it didn't seem to affect his mother posting on his behalf? Call me cynical but this happens just as the uprising starts.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Captain Pugwash

“Shiver my timbers...”! Has anyone noticed that many of the vehicles the Trotters and others are running around in are illegal in some way? For a start most of them are UK registered despite them living in France, this is against the law. A few examples - In the epIsolde where MPK picks up the wood beams, Pa Trotter is driving the old red Landrover discovery - the MOT expired on that one in May 2010...! Ma Trotter‘s nice expensive Mercedes convertible (that she needs to transport her Chanel bag) - the MOT expired on that one in October 2020. Billy Trotter’s latest Silver Range Rover (the one that’s replaced the knackered black Range Rover that Loathsome Philly recovered) has UK registration plates but they are not recognised, so they are false plates. All in all, living up to the “Trotter” name....! Maybe they can’t afford to keep the vehicles legal because all the money goes on the names and labels they all like to wear.....😉. I don’t know how they expect to get away with it - I wouldn’t....😩

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

Honeydew123

Does anyone know if Michael has even offered an explanation about what is going on with the rest of the cottage and why work has stopped. Seriously concerning that he raised so much via the GoFundMe campaign and has failed to follow through or provide updates.
I really genuinely loved the channel at first but when they started asking for money it really made me uncomfortable.It’s like you’re living in a chateau and you’re begging for money - people are literally living in poverty and we’re in a pandemic. Tone deaf doesn’t come close.

• Sad
Reactions: 16

ploppityplop2

VIP Member
Does anyone know if Michael has even offered an explanation about what is going on with the rest of the cottage and why work has stopped. Seriously concerning that he raised so much via the GoFundMe campaign and has failed to follow through or provide updates.
I really genuinely loved the channel at first but when they started asking for money it really made me uncomfortable.It’s like you’re living in a chateau and you’re begging for money - people are literally living in poverty and we’re in a pandemic. Tone deaf doesn’t come close.
Looks like he’s spending the money on a £400 a night hotel in Madrid 😳

• Wow
  • Haha

Jeeves

VIP Member
So Billy, Gwen, their son, Michael, Phil and Ryan ALL travel several hours to visit a chateau.
Billy films the chateau interior for his vlog and Ryan films the exterior for his vlog. as they are shown around by the owner. No appearances by Michael however during filming and Phil is relegated to the role of baby carrier, with Ryan as his back up. (Not sure how old this child is but surprised that he need to be carried around.) Only glimpses of Michaels see him asleep in the back on the car en route, possibly strapped into his baby seat alongside the child. So what can we expect from his vlog - yet another up close and personal with an aga saga?

• Haha
  • Heart
Right, where have we ended up towards the end of 2020 in this weird collision of old French chateaux, expat Britons and contemporary social media culture?

Michael Petherick's Doing it Ourselves, The Trotters, Life of Ryan, a frightened looking chihuahua and now Sadie in France: Almost everyone, except for Poor Gwendoline and baby Earnest, have their own boring channel. Basmaignee is still dark and moody. Billy continues to show why British television dropped them like an overrated Range Rover onto the expat used car market. The Aga life support system purporting to be a gardener’s cottage is still largely a barn apart from one corner with a half finished kitchen. More gofundme anyone?

And the superfans, dear Brenda, Karen Cbomb and the war within: Lalande claims the Donegal Dumpster as their own and casts Cbomb into the moat. Cbomb is fished out by Ma Trotter and pressed into service for Petherick Promotions.

“Free Gwendoline” indeed.

(With credit and thanks to @ChocLili .)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

Jeeves

VIP Member
For @FeatherBee

• Another Petherick channel!! Sadie's channel so far is 20 minute drive through Paris.
  • Note the intro from MP that he is drinking from a 'Spode' cup...talk about product placement. I feel sorry for Gwendoline to be honest having that tribe all taking advantage of her inheritance.
  • There's something about Michael's mom that rubs me the wrong way. Don't know why, I just get a vibe off of her. That niece is a brat.
  • Someone earlier was taking issue with with using the term ‘grifter’ in relation to the Petherick clan, based on a dictionary definition (post seems to have been removed or deleted). Fair point - I’m going with ‘parasite’ from here on in
  • Free Gwendoline!" gets my vote for the name of a separate Pethericks thread
  • Billy has just posted a video of Michael talking about the kitchen. I guess Billy figured that Michael can garner more sympathy from viewers than he ever could. I smell another Go Fund Me campaign, this time to fund the kitchen reno.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

MojoDublin

VIP Member
Michael is like the little boy poking his finger in a wasps nest. He is seeing how far he can push his granny super fans who want him to get together with Stephanie or find his own princess. He is seriously teasing now with his Madrid holiday snaps, including the latest bedroom scene.
INDEED

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

witchgrass

VIP Member
So Billy, Gwen, their son, Michael, Phil and Ryan ALL travel several hours to visit a chateau.
Billy films the chateau interior for his vlog and Ryan films the exterior for his vlog. as they are shown around by the owner. No appearances by Michael however during filming and Phil is relegated to the role of baby carrier, with Ryan as his back up. (Not sure how old this child is but surprised that he need to be carried around.) Only glimpses of Michaels see him asleep in the back on the car en route, possibly strapped into his baby seat alongside the child. So what can we expect from his vlog - yet another up close and personal with an aga saga?
Keeping Phil quiet is #1 on my list of requirements to watch their show. Loved how badly he wanted a drink after they toured the house, and wasn't it still morning? 🤣

So they just released a Chateau Rescue video and I feel like I'm watching a whole family try to figure out their role in cashing in on Michael's sudden success. I think they've got the perfect recipe with that channel if they can keep it up. The contrast to Dick Strawbridge yuk yuk, finger-guns plan a wedding bullshit (or whatever, a Wine Mom party) narration, and Michael's earnest narration is huge. Maybe not huge, but I have always hated ETTC because of that chuckly crap and the reality tv set up. I like the documentary tone they're setting with the previews. I don't know if they need to get their shit together and consolidate so they have time for this, or if all their channels will help to promote whichever one ends up coming out on top. I like being around for the beginning of something and hope they don't fuck it up.

I wonder whose idea it was.

• Heart

lolander

VIP Member
Looks like he’s spending the money on a £400 a night hotel in Madrid 😳
It's appalling! Traveling for leisure during pandemic, a boutique hotel, fancy restaurants and a leech under his arm.
How could he? To have such an utter and complete disregard towards his patrons, who surely didn't mean their donations to be spent this way, is disgraceful!
Privilege comes with responsibility Boy Trotter!

• Heart

ggyahoo

Hopefully, if Auntie Om read any of the comments on Ryan's YTube channel she would have seen all the positivity aimed at her. She was definitely the most interesting and personable character in his vlogs and viewers wanted to see more of her and her culture. I think the mods did a good job at cleaning up on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

ploppityplop2

VIP Member
I’m all for people taking a holiday and he can legally travel to Spain from France. But I think what’s winding people up is he cries that he has no money to finish the cottage and has setup various funding pages yet buys expensive clothes and stays in luxury hotels instead of using his YT revenue - he’s obviously earning a decent amount!
Not sure if he’s deliberately trolling his YT audience he’s probably just showing off for his male admirers 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha

ggyahoo

I am confused about the Brenda Gibbons thing and don't understand who is accusing who of what. Has she fallen out with the Pethericks?

But back to the thread topic. Michael begged for a new laptop so he could work on his vlogs whilst away from home. He could have bought a cheap or secondhand one but no it had to be an expensive new Mac. If he is not unwell then the least he can do is keep the folks who paid for it up-to-date with his posts.

If MPK's only income is from YouTube, I wouldn't give a f**k what he does with his money--whether that's spending it on five-star hotel rooms or Michelin star restaurants, but if a bulk of his income comes from people who give money on Patreon (and GoFundMe) because they believe in his vision for the gardener's cottage (which isn't even his), that's an issue. Spending the hard-earned money of people, or pension money from poor old ladies whose only joy is to watch YouTube videos on luxurious trips, expensive gifts, partying and lascivious living is UNFAIR, EVIL, and DISGUSTING.
He doesn't even deliver on his promise to post once-a-week/every Friday videos! And there's nothing exclusive for Patrons on his Patreon account. If he's just going to share his vlog to patrons 30 minutes before it goes public on YouTube and call it "exclusive," then I'm the King of England!

If you're reading this and you happen to be a patron of this scoundrel, it's time to stop enabling him to live off of other people (like you).

Michael Petherick, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Last edited:
  • Heart

ComtesseRose

VIP Member
He does have depression issues. Maybe he is fighting depression?
Then it would be most fair to let people know if that was the case, and that uploads would be more sporadic. But since he is being swept away for Chateau Lagorce, it wouldn't have taken more than 5 minutes to post in their community page, that because of an upcoming project, there will not be a video this Friday, but please follow channel x and y, then it will be more clear...

Also, mental health is not a taboo subject, and I think most people have empathy towards it. if it is the case.

• Heart

Stroppy

I only laugh because I am not a patreon and havent sent him a single cent, but if I was, and if I did, I'd be asking him questions. He doesnt know how to work, if he did he would have artwork for sale, but he wants others to fund his lifestyle. As you can guess I am not a fan and wont watch his vlogs any more......still stroppy:mad:

lolander

VIP Member
His patreon was set for him that he could concentrate on vlogging full time and produce a weekly vlog. He's done 4 vlogs and 1 rant (out of promised 7.) His YT revenue this year is~2000€ before taxes. It's nowhere near the amount needed for a luxury mini-vacation in Madrid for two. There is no other explanation than he is using patron donations for his vacation.

It looks like he awarded himself with a vacation after his financially lucrative 'poor me, tattlers are bullying me' -rant which brought additional patron funding and lots of views (=YT money.)

Last edited:
  • Heart

Sandton

He does have depression issues. Maybe he is fighting depression?
maybe. But it takes less than a minute to post on YouTube to explain why a video won’t be out. Mama trotter has been so vocal on their fan pages and even she could have updated on what’s going on.
Depression or not if he is unable to do what he said he would then his patrons should walk away.

• Heart

FrenchGirl123

Chatty Member
Every time I watch a Pethericks video, I'm amazed at Billy's French accent.
I believe he's been living in France for (at least) 5 years now.
Before Basmaignée, he lived in Rennes in an apartment with Gwendoline. He was registered as a tradesman in Rennes at this time.

In their latest video, the way he pronounces the name of his friends' chateau : Lagorce being said "Leuuuu Gauuuuurce".
In the previous video, he spoke of the Gauuuurde chauuuuusse of Basmaignée admitting he didn't know what it meant in english (gamekeeper).

When you compare with Philip from Chateau Le Fleur and his perfect french (and French pronounciation). He's Italian from the North of Italy and can speak german too.
I think his english is perfect too (but I'm not a native english speaker).

Mind you... Billy's sister can not even say one word in french after several years of living (and apparently working) in France.