The Only Way Is Essex cast #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought that pic had been photoshopped šŸ˜³
It definitely has been photoshopped. Zoom into left side of his face. Also the lines around his outer thighs are blurry and his waist. He is extremely thin but the additions of photoshop just proves he is suffering with body dysmorphia. šŸ˜ž

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Heā€™s only a young lad isnā€™t he?
His mum needs to have a chat with him, heā€™s dropped a lot of weight.

Reactions: 4
Iā€™d like to think ITV/Towie producers are stepping in with help for Joey....rather than exploiting him for entertainment!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
As well as his weight loss, Iā€™m also surprised how sexualised his instagram is. Like heā€™s advertising himself as a rent boy..

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Heā€™s mentioned his obsession with Paris Hilton etc . Heā€™s only young so Iā€™m not even sure if he wouldā€™ve been old enough when Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, Lindsey Lohan and that toxic ā€˜skinnyā€™ trend that was around was a thing.. but to me it seems like heā€™s engrossed in what a lot of people were in the early 2000ā€™s. I found it strange how he kept mentioning his obsession with Paris Hilton because I didnā€™t find her even relevant anymore let alone to someone of his age

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Also why are they all social distancing on Towie but on there Instagram stories there literally hugging each other? šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Joey on his weight: ā€œEveryone speaks about this thing called body positivity and acceptance but apparently that doesnā€™t apply to thin people?

"Bigger people are openly allowed to embrace their bodies but skinny people arenā€™t? We get called ill, malnourished or get told to eat a mealā€¦ itā€™s really f***** up and to anyone who has ever commented on my photos about my weightā€¦ f*** off.ā€ ā€œI donā€™t think people realise what it does to peopleā€™s body image, you are the people who contribute to others having body dysmorphia, I donā€™t like being this skinny, I really donā€™t, I donā€™t enjoy having the body of a 12 year old boy, but trying to build muscle isnā€™t an overnight process.ā€

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Joey on his weight: ā€œEveryone speaks about this thing called body positivity and acceptance but apparently that doesnā€™t apply to thin people?

"Bigger people are openly allowed to embrace their bodies but skinny people arenā€™t? We get called ill, malnourished or get told to eat a mealā€¦ itā€™s really f***** up and to anyone who has ever commented on my photos about my weightā€¦ f*** off.ā€ ā€œI donā€™t think people realise what it does to peopleā€™s body image, you are the people who contribute to others having body dysmorphia, I donā€™t like being this skinny, I really donā€™t, I donā€™t enjoy having the body of a 12 year old boy, but trying to build muscle isnā€™t an overnight process.ā€
Surely this makes no sense when comparing to things heā€™s said about people he aspires to be and the fact he edits himself to look even smaller? .. I do agree though that you shouldnā€™t body shame smaller people the same as you shouldnā€™t body shame bigger people either but I donā€™t think anyoneā€™s body shamed him on here I think people are just concerned that he does genuinely look unwell

Reactions: 8
Genuine question here (please don't come for me, I'm white and I'm trying to make sure I understand these things correctly so I know what's what) is wearing a durag verging on appropriation? I'm choosing to ignore the needing a poo in a car park pose. Thank you you wonderful people šŸ’–
anyone can wear a durag šŸ˜‚ doesnā€™t matter what colour your skin is! Itā€™s a bit of material anyone can buy

Reactions: 9
The thing is you do get naturally slender people and that's fine but he seems to have lost a dramatic amount of weight lately.
I can't believe there are people on his insta posts telling him how he has a stunning body!

Reactions: 1
anyone can wear a durag šŸ˜‚ doesnā€™t matter what colour your skin is! Itā€™s a bit of material anyone can buy
Ok, I just wondered. The thought struck me when Chloe M was parading around on Sunday. It looked awful, whatever it was!

Reactions: 3
Iā€™d like to think ITV/Towie producers are stepping in with help for Joey....rather than exploiting him for entertainment!
Iā€™d like to think they are too. But itv doesnā€™t have the best track record for caring for their reality ā€œstarsā€

Reactions: 3
Iā€™d be bloody amazed if they are. Theyā€™re more likely to whip up interest in it to increase viewers then drop it and him as soon as itā€™s seen as problematic sadly.

• Sad
The thing is you do get naturally slender people and that's fine but he seems to have lost a dramatic amount of weight lately.
I can't believe there are people on his insta posts telling him how he has a stunning body!
His closest friends and family need too tell him and offer him help. I donā€™t think heā€™ll take it but before it gets any worse they need to intervene.. the picture of him bending over showing his ribs really disturbed me... my brother went through a stage of losing too much weight and he looked really unhealthy and luckily I stepped in and told my parents and all of us together told him it wasnā€™t right and luckily, now, heā€™s realised (after a long time and perseverance) hes started to work on building weight up but he has body dysmorphia. We just have to keep working with him. This really upset me earlier seeing joey like this. Even though I donā€™t know him.. I just want him to know heā€™s enough and heā€™s amazing the way he is. I hope his family help him.

• Heart
His closest friends and family need too tell him and offer him help. I donā€™t think heā€™ll take it but before it gets any worse they need to intervene.. the picture of him bending over showing his ribs really disturbed me... my brother went through a stage of losing too much weight and he looked really unhealthy and luckily I stepped in and told my parents and all of us together told him it wasnā€™t right and luckily, now, heā€™s realised (after a long time and perseverance) hes started to work on building weight up but he has body dysmorphia. We just have to keep working with him. This really upset me earlier seeing joey like this. Even though I donā€™t know him.. I just want him to know heā€™s enough and heā€™s amazing the way he is. I hope his family help him.
I'm so pleased your brother is doing better now.
I hope his friends and family intervene before it's too late.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
That Joey photo is really worrying but whatā€™s even more concerning is when you see so many blue ticks commenting how good he looks. Fake friends.

Reactions: 17
I don't know if its been mentioned (sorry if it has) but I've just come across Joeys Instagram and I am genuinely quite concerned about him. He looks really, really thin.. Borderline anorexic maybe? I am not trying to be horrible at all because eating disorders are serious and especially recently with the passing of Nicki Grahame. I just hope (IF) he's going through a bad time someone reaches out and helps him before its too late.
Not me thinking we were speaking about Joey Essex šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø been scrolling through his Instagram for the past 5 minutes before reading the rest of these comments

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Genuine question here (please don't come for me, I'm white and I'm trying to make sure I understand these things correctly so I know what's what) is wearing a durag verging on appropriation? I'm choosing to ignore the needing a poo in a car park pose. Thank you you wonderful people šŸ’–
Itā€™s not appropriation hun x

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.