The Nurse Mum #13 Come fly with me to my next go fund me!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just seen her story about why other people get to watch their kids have birthdays. Now I could never EVER imagine the pain she is feeling (my daughter has health issues and attended a SEN school so I can understand some things she posts while J was here) but obviously losing a child. Unimaginable. But why would she be bitter at the fact other people see their children have birthdays? Surely she wouldn’t want it taken away from any other family.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
A a

She discharged him so she could celebrate HER birthday??????????????????
Yes she had plans for theme parks, meals and a hotel stay in London arranged. If you aren't familiar with what happened, thread 7 is a good place to start. People may say it was unexpected or they can't understand how it happened, but read that thread and you'll see why everyone was so concerned.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just had a peek at auction lots. Is she having a laugh??? Nothing under £50. Who on Earth does she think is attending this ball????

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Yes she had plans for theme parks, meals and a hotel stay in London arranged. If you aren't familiar with what happened, thread 7 is a good place to start. People may say it was unexpected or they can't understand how it happened, but read that thread and you'll see why everyone was so concerned.
It’s true sad but true we all saw it coming

Just catching up on her stories as I’ve been out all day , she’s really milking these donations isn’t she!

Reactions: 1
I was expecting all the auction lots to have been donated, really disappointed to see the majority of items are not donated.

I thought she was organising this herself, not hiring a company who will purchase the holidays/items (if they sell) they then add on their profit for each item followed by adding on the amount that will go to the ball organiser. It's not clear if all that amount that goes to the ball organiser will go straight to Rainbows or if Kaytee can decide how much to donate and how much is to cover cost's.

With the cost of the item being auctioned and the fee from the company she has hired, I don't think there will be much added on that will actually go to Rainbows, as they say on their website to set starting prices off really low to tempt people to bid but high enough to cover the cost to purchase and their profit.

I don't think she is being transparent enough, if I bought a £6500 holiday at this auction I would assume it all went to Rainbows because she hasn't said otherwise. I would have thought you had to be crystal clear with charity auctions and state how much the charity will receive. Fair enough big charity balls may use companies like this to run the auctions, but it's a small event that didn't sell out. With her platform she should have been able to secure prizes that were donated instead of using a 3rd party who will profit from it.

I think she has misled this company into thinking this is going to be successful. Their website says they run the auctions for you free of charge because they put a lot of effort into choosing suitable prizes that will sell after analysing the audience you have who will be purchasing them and they then make their profit from each sale. If she has made them think her followers are going to be buying holidays for thousands they're going to be disappointed.

They have donated a couple of auctions lots too, which I assume will be free of charge, but they may think they will make their money back with everything else. There are less than 4 hours left of the silent auction and people are only bidding on 9 out of 80 lots.

She should have been online constantly since last night using every one of her platforms to build up excitement and interest in this auction. It went live yesterday but she only shared it today. Where is she? If she was busy today she could have pre-recorded her stories and pre-written posts. Her management or friends could have taken over her account's to help push the auction. She could have at least begged people to share it to their accounts. She is doing nothing all to make sure she raises as much money as possible for Rainbows.

I'm curious as to why some are sealed bids and I'm also wondering what will happen to those that have received no bids but have been donated. Will she get to keep them or do they have to be returned to whoever donated them?

Reactions: 13
Someone’s going to have a good night 🤑🤑🤑

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Im actually surprised she pulled this off I thought it would be a flop.

But OF COURSE shes hired a company to do the auction!! Jesus Christ. She couldn’t even put a tiny amount if effort into it. Especially as shes hired a company, she should have spent all her time promoting the ball and the auction, instead of crocodile tears and affiliate links on insta.

Reactions: 4
It looks so underwhelming…. The way she’s hyped it up I thought it would be much better but then again she’s done everything last minute & just relied on everyone & anyone

Reactions: 5
It’s nothing like a “ball”. It’s basically a party for a child who has died. Looks like there’s no atmosphere.

Reactions: 12
It looks like a party down a village hall 😬 people are hardly dressed up and look bored shitless. No one in there is going to be bidding £6000+ at all. They’d have been better with a proper raffle if anything. I hope she’s not planning on making this an annual thing. I wonder if she’ll announce a total raised for Rainbows

So embarrassing, she should’ve just celebrated privately like every other bereaved parent does? Shows how much she’s milking it all

Am I missing something with the silent auction? Virtually nothing has been bid on, and it’s gone 21:30?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.