The Nurse Mum #13 Come fly with me to my next go fund me!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And thousands leave the job because it’s hard work and they get paid tit all.
Something can be your passion but you can still say it's a tit wage. The two things aren't mutually exclusive. You can't pay bills with passion. When I was a Care worker I used to hear "that must be so rewarding" unfortunately that feeling didn't put food on my table eveynight. Everyone deserves a proper wage.
Like I said just because you think it's shite, it doesn't mean everyone thinks that.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Like I said just because you think it's shite, it doesn't mean everyone thinks that.
18k to a maximum 22k for a full time job, especially one dealing with the public, is hardly an amazing salary though. You have to admit that??

Reactions: 11
22k a year after tax etc is about £1500 a month. That’s tit. My 19 year old who is living at home whilst working part time and doing volunteer work in the field he wants to go into, is earning that. He wouldn’t be able to afford to live anywhere else right now with the cost of living as it is. Fine for him at 19 and probably fine if you are living with someone who brings in income too but it’s definitely not going to get you a mortgage or offer you financial security long term.

Reactions: 14
I was cabin crew from 18 the starting salary at that time was £12k a year but the flight pay was generous but not enough to live on, I lived at home and didn’t have a lot of outgoings, I enjoyed my job and at that time it was more of a lifestyle. I was recently speaking to a friend who is cabin crew for ba she has 2 other jobs that can work alongside her flying job. Sadly as I got older my patience has decreased and I have a family so the flying lifestyle is no longer for me. I can understand why she wants to do because it’s seems like an escape and glamourous but there is no glamour left in it and there is not enough money that could make me deal with other crew members like kaytee or dealing with most of the general public. Good luck to her though she’s going to need it, I just got back from a long haul holiday and I forgot the effects and how much flying takes on your body. It’s not a career for most people but will provide kath with the insta content and attention she’s craving no doubt

Reactions: 16
Being crew also makes it hard to get a mortgage because so much of your pay is made up of varying flight pay / commission etc. Those "flexible" payments have always made mortgage companies nervous and with the current financial situation it will be impossible. There is no chance she will be moving away from that house in Notts as landlords will probably use similar criteria. The expense of the commute with all her other living expenses is soon going to wear thin

Reactions: 6
Being crew also makes it hard to get a mortgage because so much of your pay is made up of varying flight pay / commission etc. Those "flexible" payments have always made mortgage companies nervous and with the current financial situation it will be impossible. There is no chance she will be moving away from that house in Notts as landlords will probably use similar criteria. The expense of the commute with all her other living expenses is soon going to wear thin
Nah she could easily find a shared crew house to stay in. Hundreds of crew share near the base airports - because they are only there occasionally and between a few of them it makes it cheaper. She won’t last. On standby she’s going to have to get a hotel or whatever near Heathrow - Virgin don’t pay for that - then there’s the cost of parking her car there for days on end etc - so won’t last the winter.

Reactions: 7
As if she’d live in a shared house with other crew - little miss too good to fly from West Midlands 🤣

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.